The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

I hope they keep it at 50% capacity, getting around the concourse is so smooth and easy not shoulder to shoulder and the skytrain wasn’t packed 

I didn't go today.  Was it packed at ub4?

7 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

Apperently tonight attendance 9108 (only 48.2%)

Well, guess we know how many STH there are. I found it kinda funny how hard they were advertising seasons tickets to an event mostly full of seasons ticket holders.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:06 AM, EagleBoss said:

I did it on Desktop, and it seems to work fine. The only payout options were Account Credit or Cheque. 

I must have nothing but broken devices.

Sold my tickets for tomorrow, only to get an email from Ticketmaster telling me to update my account info, and everytime I try on the site I get an error. And of course there's no phone assistance, so now I've sent an email off to the nether realm in the hopes I get the money I'm owed.

21 hours ago, EagleBoss said:

Well, guess we know how many STH there are. I found it kinda funny how hard they were advertising seasons tickets to an event mostly full of seasons ticket holders.

I was at the game last night. Couple of observations...

1. Security didn't scan QR codes - just looked for names to match. You'd think such a high profile event that is indoors for hours would actually follow the rules. I emailed the team to let them know. Too many idiots out there. Need to follow the rules.

2. It was touted as STH only and 50% capacity. Some sections were completely empty, including mine. However my seats were RIGHT beside another pair. They didn't try to space anyone out so I guess it truly was just STHs in their regular seats. Crazy...

Which begs the next question...how will this work during the regular season if it's 50% capacity? STHs with full packages get their dibs on the games and then anything above full package and below 50% capacity = sell to the public?

What about half and quarter packages?

Edit: formatting

Edited by kazin!

1 hour ago, kazin! said:

Security didn't scan QR codes - just looked for names to match. You'd think such a high profile event that is indoors for hours would actually follow the rules. I emailed the team to let them know. Too many idiots out there. Need to follow the rules.

The PHO allows for both visual inspection, and QR code scanning. BC Place only does visual inspection as well. They won't do QR code scanning unless it becomes mandated because the only way to do it is with a smartphone, and the app; they can't just use their ticket scanners.

1 hour ago, kazin! said:

Which begs the next question...how will this work during the regular season if it's 50% capacity? STHs with full packages get their dibs on the games and then anything above full package and below 50% capacity = sell to the public?

What about half and quarter packages?

I didn't hear anything about half or quarter season ticket holders being told they can't use their tickets, and for the game tomorrow, they've released extra seats for public sale, so they must have less STH than 50% capacity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleBoss said:

The PHO allows for both visual inspection, and QR code scanning. BC Place only does visual inspection as well. They won't do QR code scanning unless it becomes mandated because the only way to do it is with a smartphone, and the app; they can't just use their ticket scanners.

Thanks for the clarification. Disappointed to see that. Scumbags will fake it.

Relevant excerpts...

Visual verification

You can perform a visual verification. On a person's BC Vaccine Card, make sure their name and vaccination details are visible. Customers may present the printed vaccine card in black and white.

After verifying proof of vaccination, you must also review ID. By reviewing ID, you match the name listed on the BC Vaccine Card or other form of proof of vaccination with the person you're verifying.

10 minutes ago, kazin! said:

Thanks for the clarification. Disappointed to see that. Scumbags will fake it.

Relevant excerpts...

Visual verification

You can perform a visual verification. On a person's BC Vaccine Card, make sure their name and vaccination details are visible. Customers may present the printed vaccine card in black and white.

After verifying proof of vaccination, you must also review ID. By reviewing ID, you match the name listed on the BC Vaccine Card or other form of proof of vaccination with the person you're verifying.

That's such a small percentage of people that you shouldn't really be concerned about it.  

You're looking at a figure nearing 85% of people that are vaccinated province-wide.  So that leaves 15% and let's assume that the distribution is equal when it comes to vaccinated vs. unvaccinated that would want to go to a Canucks game.  

How many of those 15% do you think will actually bother to get someone else's QR code, and then have the skills/bother with photoshopping their name on top of it to get a fake vaccine passport?  

You're worrying about less then 1% of the attendees. 

29 minutes ago, EagleBoss said:

Bought some tickets on the pre-sale. Sections 317, and 326 are basically empty.

317 is mostly no drinking, 326 and 305 are price jump sections, so season ticket holders avoid.  Lots of bargains today.  

On 10/3/2021 at 12:32 PM, Fred65 said:

If it's the same next season sad to say but after 48 years as a STH I'm out, enough already. Getting in to Rogers today is going to be a nightmare, thankfully it's during the day, warm and sunny. My wife ( just out of hospital ) can't stand for very long so in the end we may just turn around and go home. As to the $25 charge, think about it. There was no charge for papers tickets last year and now for their on convience they go digital ( to save for themselves ) and have the audacity to charge a fee. Simply out of touch with fans out there

I agree.   It's not the $25 that will break us  - it's the audacity to charge us for paper tickets after the thousands of dollars we've spent.    I'm in the same boat and that will very possibly be the straw that breaks me out of being a STH for almost 20 years.   I'm flabbergasted by this!  Shameful, especially since sonme of the people I gift tickets too don't have cell phones.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, WalkWithElias said:

Ya ub4 was packed i snucked  down to 111 , 324 was a entire empty section 

I went to Sundays game and man - it was great at half capacity - with very short line-ups and ease walking thru the concourse.    After being packed like Sardines in Rogers place concourses for years, it was nice to not be squished all the way walking thru to our seats in that badly designed Sardine-Can stadium.    When Rogers is torn down in a few years I hope they rebuild with larger concourse like in Edmonton and even in Calgarys Older saddledome where there'ss a bit more room to move because I really enjoyed the openess at Sundays game  made it so pleasurable.  And BTW, tyhe upper bowl and lower bowl were pretty evenly occupied at 50% . There were afew sections with a few pockets of empty seats but for the most part is was pretty evenly spaced out.  

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I went to Sundays game and man - it was great at half capacity - with very short line-ups and ease walking thru the concourse.    After being packed like Sardines in Rogers place concourses for years, it was nice to not be squished all the way walking thru to our seats in that badly designed Sardine-Can stadium.    When Rogers is torn down in a few years I hope they rebuild with larger concourse like in Edmonton and even in Calgarys Older saddledome where there'ss a bit more room to move because I really enjoyed the openess at Sundays game  made it so pleasurable.  And BTW, tyhe upper bowl and lower bowl were pretty evenly occupied at 50% . There were afew sections with a few pockets of empty seats but for the most part is was pretty evenly spaced out.  

Rogers Arena won’t be torn down ,

also how is their verified tickets for sale on ticketmaster if we have got any Reg season games yet in our account?

4 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

also how is their verified tickets for sale on ticketmaster if we have got any Reg season games yet in our account?

They’re selling tickets before releasing Seasons Tickets to our accounts. Bought some pre-sale tickets and they show up, but my seasons tickets don’t.

Edited by EagleBoss