The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ryan Reaves suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, bree2 said:

shame on the nhl and the dops. why was Kadris 8 games and Reaves in my opinion was way worse. he tried to injure with intent! so why did the nhl change it to roughing. makes me want to puke at how the nhl are treating the knights as their special darlings yuk!!!:sick:

And Edler's bump as he scraped his butt off the ice.  That got the same as Reaves maniacal attack.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 2

So MacEwen gets one game for a phantom knee to the head that never happened, and Reaves get two games for trying to kill somebody.  Makes sense.

This league has turned into the joke of all sports leagues.  But then again when the league hires an ex-goon to police the current goons this level of stupidity is to be expected...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Guys this was not a DOPS decision.  Because it was intent to injure, the suspension became immediate and went directly to Gary Bettman.  So George Parros had nothing to do with this decision, at least officially.  

It really sucks to see goons given small penalties like this.  I still think that Colorado will take the Kadri for Justin Faulk exchange every day of the week.