The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So - Who Should The Canucks Take At The Number 9 Spot?

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

1 minute ago, tas said:

luckily my attention span is long enough that I'm able to actually observe the body of work and create a valid context before making absurdly premature judgments. 

I’m sorry I’m not into fan boying and ignoring the obvious deficiencies in someone’s game.  
Would you like to explain how great he is on his own end?   
Maybe you could even try some advanced stats!  Hahahahahahaha

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I’m sorry I’m not into fan boying and ignoring the obvious deficiencies in someone’s game.  
Would you like to explain how great he is on his own end?   
Maybe you could even try some advanced stats!  Hahahahahahaha

go back and watch his rookie year. 

EVERYTHING from this season, good or bad, should be taken with a huge grain of salt. 

you'll also be hard pressed to find a single occasion where I've ever been a "fanboy" of anyone. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

go back and watch his rookie year. 

EVERYTHING from this season, good or bad, should be taken with a huge grain of salt. 

you'll also be hard pressed to find a single occasion where I've ever been a "fanboy" of anyone. 

Yeah.  Rookie year.  Taken with a grain of salt. 
So let’s focus on this year.  
His defence was trash.    Straight up.  
His effort for the first half of the year was non existent.  Only cared about points.   Second half he was able to do the same,  but lean on Hamonic more.  
Im trying to use his first year to actually give him some credit.  Lol!   

Of we judge this year, other than points it was NOT good at all. 

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

His effort for the first half of the year was non existent.  Only cared about points.   Second half he was able to do the same,  but lean on Hamonic more.  

no, reading comprehension. I said THIS YEAR should be taken with a grain of salt. 

also, trying to presume his motivations, acting like you know what's going on in his head (when I'd bet you a pay cheque that you're wrong anyway) makes you look ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

-Zero pre season

-new partner hes never played with

-schedule was absolutely stupid at the start and the end

-covid

-no practice tine

-no petterson

And you want ppl to focus on THIS season instead of a regular season like his rookie year? Yeah go away now bye bye

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

no, reading comprehension. I said THIS YEAR should be taken with a grain of salt. 

also, trying to presume his motivations, acting like you know what's going on in his head (when I'd bet you a pay cheque that you're wrong anyway) makes you look ridiculous.

Why dismiss this year?   
That’s just silly. 
He is looking for big bucks.  No excuses.  It’s not his first time doing it.  
Yes there is a learning curve, but no way can this year be taken with a grain of salt.  It’s a contract year where he is expecting big bucks. 

• RoughGame 1

Just now, PositionOfPower said:

Your too sensitive you gotta calm down. I know your having a bad day. 

You got to back up your take. And iam not having a bad day. The thing with a killer draft discussion is a give and take on your favorite prospects non prospects. You cant always generalize off of one tourney or a few games or shifts. It is one problem that i find with people on various sites. 

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

Why dismiss this year?   
That’s just silly. 
He is looking for big bucks.  No excuses.  It’s not his first time doing it.  
Yes there is a learning curve, but no way can this year be taken with a grain of salt.  It’s a contract year where he is expecting big bucks. 

you dismiss this year for the reasons that @Bertuzzipunchmentioned, but mostly just because nothing about this year was a normal year and nothing about this year was conducive to a second year defenseman improving. 

when else has hughes played for a big payday?

• Cheers 1

Hughes will never be a shut down defenseman. I think we can all agree to that . Quinn excels when his team has control of the puck. A puck control game is not what we have seen from our Canucks. Not since Green took over.

What we have seen is our club get hemmed in their own end. Our defense gets pounded against the boards. Out shot game after game.

Not a game designed for Quinn.

I think there is more involved in solving this than just changing up our D. I think the bottom six plays a big roll in protect the D.

Let's face it. They need a new approach from the coaching staff as well.

• Cheers 1