The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jake Debrusk done in Boston?

Not understanding why B would trade DeBrusk for Holtby straight up, Holtby with his cap hit must be negative value even if for some reason they see him as a fit. So I'm thinking we would have to add and we don't have the depth to do that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Debrusk and clifton for holtby. Clifton signed for 2 years at 1 mill per. I mean doesnt seem bad right?

I think we'd definitely have to add, but it might still be worth it. Boston in general seems like a pretty good trade partner for us.

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think we'd definitely have to add, but it might still be worth it. Boston in general seems like a pretty good trade partner for us.

How much more would we have to add 

If Virtanen gets a acquitted of his supposed sexual assault, would the GM trade him and OJ for Debrusk? I hope we keep and give OJ a proper chance myself, as I can see him maybe being a good D partner for Schmidt...if the coach will allow him to play the right side as a lefty that is.

I think Debrusk might be Coiler bound myself or part of a deal to Calgary for Gaudreau/Tkachuk?

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

If Virtanen gets a acquitted of his supposed sexual assault, would the GM trade him and OJ for Debrusk? I hope we keep and give OJ a proper chance myself, as I can see him maybe being a good D partner for Schmidt...if the coach will allow him to play the right side as a lefty that is.

I think Debrusk might be Coiler bound myself or part of a deal to Calgary for Gaudreau/Tkachuk?

I think Jake for Jake is fair.

Anything added by the Canucks or the Bruins make that deal lopsided.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

While Debrusk has been on a decline, I'm sure Sweeney is looking to get value based on prior performance. Not saying he's going to get it, but if we are suggesting Virtanen is the player going back, I'm certain they are going to want more.

And honestly, if slightly more is what it takes to turn Jake into Jake, I'm ok with that. Say what you want about Debrusk's playing style, he is -still- more useful to us than Virtanen likely ever will be in a Canucks uniform.

Is it possible Virtanen smartens up, decides to take his career seriously and tears it up in Boston? Sure. But he ain't doing it here.

Edited by kloubek

57 minutes ago, kloubek said:

While Debrusk has been on a decline, I'm sure Sweeney is looking to get value based on prior performance. Not saying he's going to get it, but if we are suggesting Virtanen is the player going back, I'm certain they are going to want more.

And honestly, if slightly more is what it takes to turn Jake into Jake, I'm ok with that. Say what you want about Debrusk's playing style, he is -still- more useful to us than Virtanen likely ever will be in a Canucks uniform.

Is it possible Virtanen smartens up, decides to take his career seriously and tears it up in Boston? Sure. But he ain't doing it here.

Well the bruins might be interested in holtby according to dahliwal. I think us and bruins making a deal are good partners atm

• Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Debateable

I am not debating the psychotic fandom behaviour which will either be the demise of a hockey man, or the making of a hockey God.

I’m just saying that, if we fans wait long enough, Benning will make of His predecessors, but mere disciples.

And for that, there is indeed a plan.

The Stanley Cup. Through drafting stars.

Therefore, you may be right, for the quest of the Stanley Cup is psychopathic in nature as it is the Shiny Object to get to And that, at any cost.

Edited by Me_

On 6/25/2021 at 9:40 AM, theo5789 said:

I would do the following instead

DeBrusk/Lind/Gadjovich/MacEwen - Petersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander

DeBrusk/Lind/Gadjovich/MacEwen - Miller - Podkolzin

The "2nd" line showed good chemistry last year. The "3rd" line is more to shelter the prospects and Miller would get heavy special teams minutes. There can be a battle for the spot beside Petey and Boes, but I'd like a little size for protection and have a bit of a crash and bang type on the line rather than going full skill. I think one of Lind/Gadjovich/MacEwen are likely taken in expansion. I think DeBrusk has the ability to keep up with the top line, but he would look solid on the "3rd" line with Miller in which then we could balance out the deployment of these lines as well. If MacEwen can click, he'd be the perfect enforcer on the line with enough skill to put up the numbers, but Gadjovich looks to have really upped his game last season. Lind seems like he can be an all round utility guy and plays a bit of a pest game. Late game situations where we need a goal, we can put Miller back with Petey and Boeser.

I would consider the following as it creates three solid, complimentary pairs (all three are interchangeble in terms of lines 1, 2 & 3):

UFA/Trade/Pearson/etc. - Miller - Boeser                       Miller and Boeser played well together last year and seem to compliment each others' skills

UFA/Trade/Pearson/etc. - Petersson - Podkolzin           Pod is a puck retrieval machine and a great passer - good complimentary piece to EP

UFA/Trade/Pearson/etc. - Horvat - Hoglander                Match up line or take advantage of lesser third and fourth lines

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 6/29/2021 at 7:41 AM, canucklehead44 said:

I wish we got to trade with Jim Benning. Kassian + 5th for Prust is basically DeBrusk + 5th for Roussel, I would love that trade. 

Although, if Kassian hadn't been traded, he may not have hit rock bottom and decided to get the help he needed to control his addiction problem. Debrusk does not seem to have the bagage Kassian had at the point of his trade.

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

I would consider the following as it creates three solid, complimentary pairs (all three are interchangeble in terms of lines 1, 2 & 3):

UFA/Trade/Pearson/etc. - Miller - Boeser                       Miller and Boeser played well together last year and seem to compliment each others' skills

UFA/Trade/Pearson/etc. - Petersson - Podkolzin           Pod is a puck retrieval machine and a great passer - good complimentary piece to EP

UFA/Trade/Pearson/etc. - Horvat - Hoglander                Match up line or take advantage of lesser third and fourth lines

TKACHUCK - MILLER - BOESER

DOMI - PETTERSSON - PODKILZIN

PEARSON - HORVAT - HOGLANDER

On 6/28/2021 at 9:09 AM, Canuckster86 said:

Keep dreaming. These court cases usually take a couple years. Jake is not coming back. He will be on leave until that contract expires.