The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

7 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Chi got a 2nd and Dickenson: 5pts in 4 games

Yeah it's called the Canucks. Welcome to the team! They gave up 3 top 10 picks to get handcuffed by Jones. You aint spinning this as a 2nd has more value bro

Edited by Mustard Tiger

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Yeah it's called the Canucks. Welcome to the team! They gave up 3 top 10 picks to get handcuffed by Jones. You aint spinning this as a 2nd has more value bro

Not spinning anything, rather I am just adding to the conversation; and it is obvious CHI, is back tracking from retooling to NOW rebuilding.  

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not spinning anything, rather I am just adding to the conversation; and it is obvious CHI, is back tracking from retooling to NOW rebuilding.  

And we should be also. That's is my exact point. Just because we went after OEL doesn't mean we magically can't take the same route as them. They have a bigger anchor than we do! And gave up way more assets

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

And we should be also. That's is my exact point. Just because we went after OEL doesn't mean we magically can't take the same route as them. They have a bigger anchor than we do! And gave up way more assets

I get it and they have been very aggressive with their intention to rebuild vs the coy game the Canucks are doing.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, J-23 said:

Daily reminder. I hate this trade.

And Guenther just scored again. 

Ya I’m prepared to say I was wrong thought we could come out with n top on that trade. Guenther is translating faster than expected.

crazy if he hits big will look very bad 

On 10/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Meh, would have preferred Sillinger with that pick anyway. 

Would have been fine with either one.

7 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Ya I’m prepared to say I was wrong thought we could come out with n top on that trade. Guenther is translating faster than expected.

crazy if he hits big will look very bad 

I think he will hit, going to get every opportunity in Arizona.

You make these deals when you are proven and consistent Playoff team. Only made the Playoffs 1 time in the last 7 years. We were also on pace to miss the Playoffs that one year, but got lucky it got expanded to 20 teams. 

I like OEL and Garland. However, when the fanbase is excited to get rid of the player and cap, it should be a red flag. Was the case with Myers. Was the case with OEL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Would have been fine with either one.

I think he will hit, going to get every opportunity in Arizona.

You make these deals when you are proven and consistent Playoff team. Only made the Playoffs 1 time in the last 7 years. We were also on pace to miss the Playoffs that one year, but got lucky it got expanded to 20 teams. 

I like OEL and Garland. However, when the fanbase is excited to get rid of the player and cap, it should be a red flag. Was the case with Myers. Was the case with OEL.

Like OEL and Garland but I'd much rather turn back the time to 2020, re-sign Tanev and have Guenther in the lineup.

21 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Chi got a 2nd and Dickenson: 5pts in 4 games

But that's a good thing for us. Dickinson is helping them win, which means our chance to win Bedard is going up.

I'm rooting for Dicky this season -- hope he gets 40 goals this season and help Chicago to miss the playoffs by 1 point.

22 minutes ago, jyu said:

But that's a good thing for us. Dickinson is helping them win, which means our chance to win Bedard is going up.

I'm rooting for Dicky this season -- hope he gets 40 goals this season and help Chicago to miss the playoffs by 1 point.

Ah, very clever logic !

Hopefully, Chi will be competing for the Purgatory Cup and the Canucks for Bedard - but Chi is intentionally tanking hard.  Good chance, a reverse scenario will happen cause of Francesco - hope not.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, jyu said:

Dicky scores 40 Chicago trades him for a 1st  and 2 seconcds

end up with 2 firsts and 4 seconds including our 1st of the second round

Dickie wins a Cup

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jyu said:

the old Ralph Backstrom maneuver

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

Dicky scores 40 Chicago trades him for a 1st  and 2 seconcds

end up with 2 firsts and 4 seconds including our 1st of the second round

Dickie wins a Cup

But but Chicago will be too close to making the playoffs to trade Dicky!!! :bigblush:

7 minutes ago, jyu said:

But but Chicago will be too close to making the playoffs to trade Dicky!!! :bigblush:

some GMs know when its time for a rebuild

DeBrincat scored 41 last year, they traded him, and he is only 23

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, lmm said:

some GMs know when its time for a rebuild

DeBrincat scored 41 last year, they traded him, and he is only 23

I hope our GM catches on soon enough.

I get that it's probably hard to admit that this team needs a rebuild given that there are quite a bit of good young players. And you'd think that with so many talented forwards on the roster fixing the defence via trade shouldn't be too hard... but then, they completely failed to upgrade the defence over the summer.

That leaves me to believe that this defence isn't getting fixed without going through the draft. No one is giving up a young RHD for a top 6 winger (Boeser) or a top 6 center about to hit the free agency (Miller/Horvat).

And we need two top 4 RHDs!! Rebuild is the only way out.

• Huggy Bear 1