The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

On 4/6/2022 at 1:52 AM, iinatcc said:

I think the fact the folks in Sportsnet are already discussed OEL as a future buyout candidate after his first season with Vancouver shows what a mistake getting him was 

OEL…

……OEL….

Is that the guy that played defense for the Canucks against the Golden Knights without Hughes in the lineup and came out with a convincing 5-1 regulation win?

Is that the guy? 

…..OEL…..

This isn’t hockey. It’s the sh!tonrichplayers sport.

PATHETIC.

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Are you really going troll me in every post I make everywhere in this thread now? 

Nope. I responded to your reply as per normal forum behaviour. 

What isn’t normal, is being depressed and depressing others. 

Perhaps an old adage could interest you: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Nope. I responded to your reply as per normal forum behaviour. 

What isn’t normal, is being depressed and depressing others. 

Perhaps an old adage could interest you: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

Lol that's my philosophy especially in Social Media  

So off topic ... I was listening to Canucks central and they did some interesting numbers on LE. And his Even Strength number per 60 apparently is pretty decent and with 17 pts in 62 games.

Would anyone be here be open to sign LE in the offseason at a league minimum? He could slot in with Highmore and Lammikko ::D 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

So off topic ... I was listening to Canucks central and they did some interesting numbers on LE. And his Even Strength number per 60 apparently is pretty decent and with 17 pts in 62 games.

Would anyone be here be open to sign LE in the offseason at a league minimum? He could slot in with Highmore and Lammikko ::D 

I'd be open; however, I don't know why I'd choose him over other potentially good 4th liners. There tends to be more of these type of players available and it's also a position where we could even give our prospects a shot. So, would I be open? Yes. Would it be the move I'd make? Probably not.

I'd also question whether or not LE would even want to come back. I can only imagine how he felt when he was here. That being said, that's an "outside looking in" comment and maybe LE actually liked it here to wants to come back. I just know that, if I were in his shoes, I doubt I'd want to return.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Actually, you never know.  He could very well benefit from a "Bruce, there it is" moment of coaching, assuming Boudreau were to come back next year.

Stranger things have happened, after all.

I mean, that's why I pretty much eluded to that in my post with my "outside looking in" remark.

• Cheers 1

On 4/8/2022 at 12:15 AM, iinatcc said:

As a pure hypothetical, I’d have no issue with a team signing Player Name at league minimum for one year. It’s zero risk and can easily be waived/demoted. Decent chance he could outperform that type of contract.

However, on this specific team, I’d probably prefer using that roster spot and contract slot on a younger player with potential, rather than bringing back a 37 year old Loui Player Name.

• Cheers 1

• 6 months later...

Imagine what we'd have to PAY to get off the OEL contract. The fact that ARZ insisted on us adding a second round pick, and the fact that we paid it, still boggles my mind to this day. What a horrid trade this was in every respect.

Edited by dougieL

6 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Imagine what we'd have to PAY to get off the OEL contract. The fact that ARZ insisted on us adding a second round pick, and the fact that we paid it, still boggles my mind to this day. What a horrid trade this was in every respect.

...and what else did we get in return?

11 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Did you just hear about this trade?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

This was the trade that started to really crack my unwavering faith in the Canucks management. Hated this trade when we did it, still hate it now. Oh the memories.

Oh to think we’d be out of these commitments right now and have Dylan Guenther. Also be out of the new albatross contract in OEL and Garand whom I like but for some reason Bruce throws him on the 3rd line and sits him in the press box in favour of Brock Boeser. Then there’s the probably would have never let Tanev walk if this trade never happened and that right side defence looks a lot better. OEL does what Tanev does but from the left side and at double the cost. Don’t know what management was thinking on this one. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DanielCloutier said:

tanev signed in calgary a full season before the OEL trade lol

Don't let facts get in the way...:lol:

Not really his fault though, probably made that post one handed, while waiving a flag on the side of a highway somewhere.