The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

16 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I think the fact the folks in Sportsnet are already discussed OEL as a future buyout candidate after his first season with Vancouver shows what a mistake getting him was 

This was the local SN650 like Sat and Bik or was it the Toronto talking heads? Either way these are paid hockey analysts and it is a joke if they are talking about buying out OEL.

The 2020 offseason when JB first was on the hunt for OEL and infamously “ran out of time” with the teams own house keeping (Tanev Toffoli, Stetcher, etc) it was discussed on here (Imm I believe) broke down the buyout of OEL and basically his contract is buyout proof. I will see if I can dig up the official numbers on cap friendly but from what I recall back in fall of 2020 that the contract was much worse if bought out. (Edited below is the savings and cap we would have to eat if we buy him out)

Hey maybe Boston (the other only team he was willing to move to) wants him:ph34r:

52ABBD70-EEC8-4C8B-B7CF-915816976109.jpeg

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 4/6/2022 at 1:52 AM, iinatcc said:

I think the fact the folks in Sportsnet are already discussed OEL as a future buyout candidate after his first season with Vancouver shows what a mistake getting him was 

OEL…

……OEL….

Is that the guy that played defense for the Canucks against the Golden Knights without Hughes in the lineup and came out with a convincing 5-1 regulation win?

Is that the guy? 

…..OEL…..

This isn’t hockey. It’s the sh!tonrichplayers sport.

PATHETIC.

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Are you really going troll me in every post I make everywhere in this thread now? 

Nope. I responded to your reply as per normal forum behaviour. 

What isn’t normal, is being depressed and depressing others. 

Perhaps an old adage could interest you: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Nope. I responded to your reply as per normal forum behaviour. 

What isn’t normal, is being depressed and depressing others. 

Perhaps an old adage could interest you: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

Lol that's my philosophy especially in Social Media  

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Lol that's my philosophy especially in Social Media  

Great. Glad we agree. Next time the Canucks win, know that our boys are trying hard.

• Cheers 1

So off topic ... I was listening to Canucks central and they did some interesting numbers on LE. And his Even Strength number per 60 apparently is pretty decent and with 17 pts in 62 games.

Would anyone be here be open to sign LE in the offseason at a league minimum? He could slot in with Highmore and Lammikko ::D 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

So off topic ... I was listening to Canucks central and they did some interesting numbers on LE. And his Even Strength number per 60 apparently is pretty decent and with 17 pts in 62 games.

Would anyone be here be open to sign LE in the offseason at a league minimum? He could slot in with Highmore and Lammikko ::D 

I'd be open; however, I don't know why I'd choose him over other potentially good 4th liners. There tends to be more of these type of players available and it's also a position where we could even give our prospects a shot. So, would I be open? Yes. Would it be the move I'd make? Probably not.

I'd also question whether or not LE would even want to come back. I can only imagine how he felt when he was here. That being said, that's an "outside looking in" comment and maybe LE actually liked it here to wants to come back. I just know that, if I were in his shoes, I doubt I'd want to return.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'd be open; however, I don't know why I'd choose him over other potentially good 4th liners. There tends to be more of these type of players available and it's also a position where we could even give our prospects a shot. So, would I be open? Yes. Would it be the move I'd make? Probably not.

I'd also question whether or not LE would even want to come back. I can only imagine how he felt when he was here. That being said, that's an "outside looking in" comment and maybe LE actually liked it here to wants to come back. I just know that, if I were in his shoes, I doubt I'd want to return.

Actually, you never know.  He could very well benefit from a "Bruce, there it is" moment of coaching, assuming Boudreau were to come back next year.

Stranger things have happened, after all.

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Actually, you never know.  He could very well benefit from a "Bruce, there it is" moment of coaching, assuming Boudreau were to come back next year.

Stranger things have happened, after all.

I mean, that's why I pretty much eluded to that in my post with my "outside looking in" remark.

• Cheers 1

On 4/8/2022 at 12:15 AM, iinatcc said:

As a pure hypothetical, I’d have no issue with a team signing Player Name at league minimum for one year. It’s zero risk and can easily be waived/demoted. Decent chance he could outperform that type of contract.

However, on this specific team, I’d probably prefer using that roster spot and contract slot on a younger player with potential, rather than bringing back a 37 year old Loui Player Name.

• Cheers 1