The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, Nurnge said:

Not to start something here as I do like the pick but if JL progresses ] fills out ] . We are gonna have too many top 6 RW soon 

I am gonna.

This management stated that they wanted us to be harder to play against.

They wanted grit and sandpaper.

We desperately need a RHD.

We need a third line centre who maybe even can grow into a second line centre as Bo gets older and if we trade Miller.

There were several great prospects on the board that filled those needs.

They drafted a smallish lightweight winger. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

anyone else find it hypocritical that the organization makes a big deal about diversity and hiring women in the front office, then it's all old white dudes on the stage for the draft?

No

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Is Lekkerimaki going to play in the Allsvenskan (second tier league in Sweden) next season?

Yes the mens team got relegated. So he could be a part of something special in the team playing their way back into the SHL.

And WHL giants are an option too 

Alvin said they will provide resources to him either way for developing

uo to the player and they are going to talk with him get to know him better and see what’s best for him 

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

For debrincat.  Salary cap be damned.

I would have traded it for a 24 year old 41 goal scorer and traded Miller and Garland. Debrincat would be a huge steal for 15th overall pick and would have fit our group's age. 

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

I am gonna.

This management stated that they wanted us to be harder to play against.

They wanted grit and sandpaper.

We desperately need a RHD.

We need a third line centre who maybe even can grow into a second line centre as Bo gets older and if we trade Miller.

There were several great prospects on the board that filled those needs.

They drafted a smallish lightweight winger. 

perhaps he gets moved down the line to fill one of those needs, perhaps he make Boeser irrlevant in a cpl years and theyuse Boeser to help fill a need.  No one they pick at #15 is going to be in the NHL in the next couple of years

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

anyone else find it hypocritical that the organization makes a big deal about diversity and hiring women in the front office, then it's all old white dudes on the stage for the draft?

Hey they are trying! WHL just drafted a girl too 

they are trying! 

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Man I’m so excited for lekkerimaki I knew you’d be pumped. 

huge steal for us I feel. Im surprised how many fans aren’t happy about this pick but same when we took ep40 so we will see how they feel in 3 years 

I ended up 4 for 15 on my mock. Slafkovsky 1, Nemec 2, Jiricek 6, Kasper 8.

Wishing I'd done the whole first round now. Potential to have been my best ever.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Hey they are trying! WHL just drafted a girl too 

they are trying! 

they were at the table, but didn't get to go up for the pick........just seems weird given all the hype around the hires, but I'm finding this group seems to pay a lot of lip service

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

they were at the table, but didn't get to go up for the pick........just seems weird given all the hype around the hires, but I'm finding this group seems to pay a lot of lip service

Maybe they didn't want to? Are they wearing heels? 

11 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Man I’m so excited for lekkerimaki I knew you’d be pumped. 

huge steal for us I feel. Im surprised how many fans aren’t happy about this pick but same when we took ep40 so we will see how they feel in 3 years 

yes, am excited for the pick. They picked BPA, anyone who has problem with this pick then they really should do their research. Canucks are now stacked when it comes to wingers and they have Horvat and Pettersson as centers. What they need is to fix the D by trading some players and going UFA route maybe. I think its a good thing, Avs won the cup by have lots of forward depth aside from having great D.

• Vintage 1

Just now, DefCon1 said:

This was a BPA pick, I don't want size if they are going off the board with it just because of size. Last time we missed on Ehlers and Nylander because of "size" pick and picked Jake Virtanen, a total bust of a pick.

Agree...these arguments im reading about size reminds me of the comments made by those that wanted Vilardi and Glass over EP.  Take the guy that the scouts think is the most talented.    If they have too many top 6 wingers they can translate those players into filling holes in the future.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Seems like people were way too high on Lambert.

Can we snag an early second and grab him?

Would be nice to get a couple seconds.  Arizona has a crapload of seconds don’t they?  Garland back to the Desert Fogs for two seconds?

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

perhaps he gets moved down the line to fill one of those needs, perhaps he make Boeser irrlevant in a cpl years and theyuse Boeser to help fill a need.  No one they pick at #15 is going to be in the NHL in the next couple of years

Any sort of RHD are rarer than Rockin horse poo.

There were several great prospects on the board at that pick.

Just as potentially good as lekkerimaki is at his.

Wingers are far easier to acquire.