The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, stawns said:

they were at the table, but didn't get to go up for the pick........just seems weird given all the hype around the hires, but I'm finding this group seems to pay a lot of lip service

IM thinking its possible that they did not want to go up on stage (perhaps it was their choice)?  

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Agree...these arguments im reading about size reminds me of the comments made by those that wanted Vilardi and Glass over EP.  Take the guy that the scouts think is the most talented.    If they have too many top 6 wingers they can translate those players into filling holes in the future.

So far, I trust Canucks scout more than what some Canucks fans have to say. They drafted Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Podkolzin etc. so I think they know what they are doing when it comes to first round picks

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

I ended up 4 for 15 on my mock. Slafkovsky 1, Nemec 2, Jiricek 6, Kasper 8.

Wishing I'd done the whole first round now. Potential to have been my best ever.

Went good on mine. The best one i had with my bro was cutter gauthier to philly.

Just now, Ilunga said:

Any sort of RHD are rarer than Rockin horse poo.

There were several great prospects on the board at that pick.

Just as potentially good as lekkerimaki is at his.

Wingers are far easier to acquire.

I don't think there were any defensive prospects left that project to anything significant, imo.  I think Lettermaki is a going to be a player

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

I ended up 4 for 15 on my mock. Slafkovsky 1, Nemec 2, Jiricek 6, Kasper 8.

Wishing I'd done the whole first round now. Potential to have been my best ever.

You should have aha!

I got 3/15:

COOLEY 3

GAUTHIER 5

JIRICEK 6

And in my mock I had Montreal taking slaf 2nd so almost hahah 

and I had Kasper 7. I was shocked by Korchinski at 7. So messed up my Detroit pick. 

Rest was way off for me too bad you had to work through the craziness 

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Foilers will get another forward and trade one of their D for more forwards :lol: Holland is a very bad GM

Yup. I almost died when I saw they are considering moving Barrie out for cap to keep Kane or maybe add giroux. LMAO Holland should be in a home. Not a nhl gm. Buuut it works great for me ^_^

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

they were at the table, but didn't get to go up for the pick........just seems weird given all the hype around the hires, but I'm finding this group seems to pay a lot of lip service

Come on, let's not make a big deal out of nothing.  

Aquaman went up there with his daughter.  They couldn't invite everyone up there.  

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well Alvin making the pick was expected.

First draft 

Started his career as amateur scout in Montreal 

first Swedish gm 

with a Swedish star to select 

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Come on, let's not make a big deal out of nothing.  

Aquaman went up there with his daughter.  They couldn't invite everyone up there.  

so the women in the front office aren't as important as all the men in the front office?