The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

On 6/28/2022 at 2:03 AM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I pray that this is correct! :ph34r:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I really like this for CBJ, Gauthier & Mintyukov? Damn. 

Kasper could be a great pickup too, all depends on his offense. If he's got enough upside to be a 2C then I think he's a top 10 pick. I'm not sure how I'd rate his offense, but there's alot of like with him otherwise. I'd bet on him going before us. 

What do u think of his offense? 

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

Bichsel is better than most think. He's going to be a beast to play against he's fast and mean and really good defensively. He's no joke and not to be taken lightly. 

15 hours ago, Sp3nny said:

I know there is some questions on the offensive upside in his game, but I can see Bischel in the Cernak mold as a big, mobile, shutdown defenseman. The lower point totals also mean he doesn't get paid a huge amount, and on his current contract, Cernak is a very valuable piece, and is exactly what we need in our top 4. I would see it as more of a need pick rather than BPA, but I wouldn't hate it. That size and mobility is hard to overlook.

But can he handle+move the puck well enough? For a big guy Cernak can handle the puck & move it up ice effectively.

No one confuses him for an OFD, but there's a baseline level u have to be at to play top NHL mins imo.

Granted I haven't seen a ton of Bischel, but that was one question I had. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

It is literally everyone in the world's opinion. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/556717/ryan-chesley

Right down to the grandmas and the little babies.

Is it though?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/general_sports/articles/amp/2022_nhl_draft_player_rankings_risers_and_fallers_v_30/s1_16877_37625941

Also yeah, you'd know all about the opinions of grandma's and babies.

Many people here are talking about how we need a D or C, I really don't like the idea of picking for position this year.

We need to get a good player with this pick, one with the most upside that has a good chance to hit. There are alot of potentially good wingers in this range, not as much D & C.

I'd take a 20-30 goal 50+ point winger, over a 4/5 D. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HKSR said:

Go big or go home... Lambert has dropped this year just like others have in prior years only to show they are worth the gamble.  I'd take Lambert.  So much skill and talent, the upside is huge.

I’m not sold on him. But I’ve not seen enough. If we take him I will get behind it and be pulling big for the boy to rebound next year! 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, spook007 said:

If there's the slightest chance Bichsel can play in the NHL, I hope they take him... really like his size...

Otherwise take a chance on one of the Russians... 

do you mean like play in nhl right away? 

All his scouting reports say rushing him would be terrible. As he needs time to develop overall and especially hai offensive game. 

he makes the Jump too soon I think you cap his potential 

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Have you guys talked about Ryan Chelsey? I think he just may be my guy this year (if we don't move in the draft).

He just seems like a boring option. Like his max ceiling looks like maybe a John Marino. 

he’s not the best skater, he’s not offensive and he covers lane hutson mostly as a defensive partner. 

Which could be a good path too of conditioning him to partner up with a partner like Hughes. 

he’s just not a high ceiling player from the looks of it though for a pick at 15. But if management sees a development path for him and take him I’ll become a chesley fan boy. 

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kasper could be a great pickup too, all depends on his offense. If he's got enough upside to be a 2C then I think he's a top 10 pick. I'm not sure how I'd rate his offense, but there's alot of like with him otherwise. I'd bet on him going before us. 

I’d be very jealous of CLB To make out the draft like that. I really like mintyukov 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

do you mean like play in nhl right away? 

All his scouting reports say rushing him would be terrible. As he needs time to develop overall and especially hai offensive game. 

he makes the Jump too soon I think you cap his potential 

No I don't mean that. 
I mean at any time in the future. I want us to draft defenders with size, cause we have been in dire need of Defensive prospects with some size and snarl to them. If it takes 2, 3 or 4 years doesn't bother me the slightest. 
If we are to run with the core we have now, we are needing ELCs not just now, but for the next 2-6 years to prop up the team. QH and for OEL are our offensive juggernaults and there is even still some hope for Rathbone. 
what we need is players to support them, who can actually defend. 
Imagine Myers as a proper defensive Dman like Tanev, with a mean streak. This is what I am hoping for, if we are picking 15th. Maybe Pickering.... 
alternatively take a chance on one of the Russians...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Many people here are talking about how we need a D or C, I really don't like the idea of picking for position this year.

We need to get a good player with this pick, one with the most upside that has a good chance to hit. There are alot of potentially good wingers in this range, not as much D & C.

I'd take a 20-30 goal 50+ point winger, over a 4/5 D. 

Interesting debate and I think it kind of depends on who the winger is and who the defenseman is. For example, Cernak, Manson, Marino, and Myers all all #4 D and Boeser and Garland are both 20-30 goal 50+ point wingers.

I would take both Boeser and Garland over Myers because Myers doesn't really mesh well with our LDs. However, I would absolutely consider trading Garland straight up for Marino or Cernak as I think both could complement Hughes really well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

33 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Interesting debate and I think it kind of depends on who the winger is and who the defenseman is. For example, Cernak, Manson, Marino, and Myers all all #4 D and Boeser and Garland are both 20-30 goal 50+ point wingers.

I would take both Boeser and Garland over Myers because Myers doesn't really mesh well with our LDs. However, I would absolutely consider trading Garland straight up for Marino or Cernak as I think both could complement Hughes really well.

I'd disagree on Cernak & Marino, I think they are #3D.

Marino was 3rd in TOI for the Pens last season. Dumoulin & Letang are their top 2, and I'd take Marino over Matheson. 

Cernak played on that shutdown pair with McDonagh for their cups, it's a harder case to make cause they have Sergachev too. Worst case u might say he's a 3/4 but I don't think there's much doubt he's a legit top 4D on any team, same w/ Marino.

I'd say they are better than guys like Myers, Chiarot, Edmundson, exc. Who might also be labelled #4D.

If the D we are getting is a legit top 4 - however you label it - then for sure, I don't know if guys like Bischel & Chesley are in the Cernak/Marino group or not.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, spook007 said:

If there's the slightest chance Bichsel can play in the NHL, I hope they take him... really like his size...

Otherwise take a chance on one of the Russians... 

I think I'm in the minority here but I'm not sold on Bischel at 15. I don't think he has much if any offensive upside.

• Upvote 2

Draft is coming up quick! Assuming we keep the #`15 here are the players I'd love to grab there:

Kasper

Lekkerimaki

Yurov

Miroshnichenko

Kulich

Mintyukov

Bichsel

Lambert feels iffy to me. Seems like an all tools no toolbox kind of guy.

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's great net front drives guys nutz trying g to get rid of him.