The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Jaroslav Halak

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Rumour] Canucks interested in Jaroslav Halak

If JB can get Halak for super cheap (no more than 2M), this is a good acquisition. Solid goalie.

JB shouldn't have spent so much for Holtby in hindsight. Should've gotten some other goalie for two years purely as expansion bait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If JB can get Halak for super cheap (no more than 2M), this is a good acquisition. Solid goalie.

JB shouldn't have spent so much for Holtby in hindsight. Should've gotten some other goalie for two years purely as expansion bait.

I’m not sure he’ll sign that cheap.  Last year he signed a 1 year deal with Boston for $2.25m + 1.25m games played bonus (10 games).  It’ll be interesting to see what he signs for this season. I would imagine it’ll be another 1 year deal 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I'd prefer JB to focus on resigning Garland, Petto, and Dicki before worrying about any UFAs.  Given his track record at free agency the last few years he should probably be waiting for the dust to settle after a week or so before making any moves.

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

In retrospect, it may have been too much, but everyone was very happy with the signing at the time. We just lost Markstrom and needed a goalie that could entice Seattle. At the time of the signing, it seemed like a guarantee that Seattle would take him, especially if Holtby could find his game even a little bit. But that didn't happen

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

In retrospect, it may have been too much, but everyone was very happy with the signing at the time. We just lost Markstrom and needed a goalie that could entice Seattle. At the time of the signing, it seemed like a guarantee that Seattle would take him, especially if Holtby could find his game even a little bit. But that didn't happen

I agree. Holtby should've done well here, especially with Ian Clark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

It's all Francis' fault for being a cheapo!!! Vegas took a chance on Fleury and made a cup run in first year driving their fans crazy!!! 

• Like 1

Just now, RakuRaku said:

It's all Francis' fault for being a cheapo!!! Vegas took a chance on Fleury and made a cup run in first year driving their fans crazy!!! 

I don't know what may happen with Seattle by Summer. But so far Francis has failed miserably and I would be pissed if I was a fan. With his reputation of being difficult to trade with as well, Seattle is going to be hurting for a looooooong time

• Cheers 2

Is is possible that the Holtby buyout is as much about performance as it is cap hit? It's easy to say "Might as well have just kept Holtby" if we end up paying close to the same amount or, with the buyout cap hit, even more for our backup over the next two seasons, but we also need to ensure that whoever is backing up gives us a chance to win. More often than not Holtby wasn't doing that.

• Upvote 1