The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Jaroslav Halak

2 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I don't know what may happen with Seattle by Summer. But so far Francis has failed miserably and I would be pissed if I was a fan. With his reputation of being difficult to trade with as well, Seattle is going to be hurting for a looooooong time

Let's hope so!! We've been waiting for a punching bag for a long long time in the division!! 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Who knows, SEA might shock some people tomorrow on UFA day.

Still some opportunity to dramatically improve with guys like Tarasenko etc too.

Dougie Hamilton and Gabe Landeskog announced 30 seconds into free agency :shock:

• Haha 2

so we take a 2yr dead cap hit totallying 2.4m, add a back up on a 1yr deal for say 1.5m...that is only saving the team 400k and it inhibits 1.9m of cap space next year. So don't take a deal with retention...buy him out and end up having it cost us more in the end.

Kevin Woodley suggested Mcelhinney as a back up option, he is older but he turned his career around under Ian Clark in Columbus. So familiarity and should be cheap contract which is what we need to have with the dead cap with the holtby buyout

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

so we take a 2yr dead cap hit totallying 2.4m, add a back up on a 1yr deal for say 1.5m...that is only saving the team 400k and it inhibits 1.9m of cap space next year. So don't take a deal with retention...buy him out and end up having it cost us more in the end.

Not ideal, but it's Aqua's money. I'm sure he just looks at it as part of the business.

Edited by Dazzle

1 minute ago, We Are All Cucks said:

Basically, if the total of Halak + buyout of Holtby = same or less than Holtby's prior salary, that's a huge win. 

Except dont we have to eat Holtby’s buyout for two years?