The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Jaroslav Halak

17 minutes ago, b3. said:

Would be good on a 1 year term - think at this stage you're buying time for Mikey D.

Exactly.  

Will be interesting to see what money and term Halak comes at.  

Would Halak be willing to accept a one year deal?  I'm not entirely sure...

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Would Halak not command a decent salary, he has great #'s with the B's...seems like if it costs 2m or more for a back up we should have just kept Holtby and NOT had dead cap space next year 

Halak > Holtby.

Yes, he would command a decent salary.

4 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/9648/jaroslav-halak

didn't play that many games over the last 3 seasons.

I’d say that’s a lot of games for a backup for a team with a clear cut #1   19 out of 56 games last season.  That’s 34%. That translates to 28 games in a 82 game season 

31/70 the season before snd 40/82 the year before that.  That’s a busy backup. 

Edited by qwijibo

13 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

On the flip side however, what would become of Dipietro is Halak signed a multi-year deal?  

Dipietro should be good to go starting in 22-23.

Halak at less than 2 for 2 years works.  Then more than half can be sent to the minors if MD is ready early.  

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

On the flip side however, what would become of Dipietro is Halak signed a multi-year deal?  

Dipietro should be good to go starting in 22-23.

Agreed. Halak can sign a 2 year deal, if need be, which will give MD plenty of time to stew. He's a winner, folks!

• Cheers 3

We shouldn't be paying a backup what Halak is probably going to get. Demko is getting paid 5 mill to be the guy. Let him be the guy.

We should sign a backup for no more than 1 mill and use the rest of the cap space on defense.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

We shouldn't be paying a backup what Halak is probably going to get. Demko is getting paid 5 mill to be the guy. Let him be the guy.

We should sign a backup for no more than 1 mill and use the rest of the cap space on defense.

Respectfully disagree.  I think two solid goalies are needed in today's NHL to succeed, unless the goalie is an off the charts superstar like Vasilevsky.  

• Cheers 3

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Respectfully disagree.  I think two solid goalies are needed in today's NHL to succeed, unless the goalie is an off the charts superstar like Vasilevsky.  

If we are going to pay that much should have just kept Holtby.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

I agree with both points. It's going to be tough to balance these differences. I think if Schenn can be had for a hometown discount, that would be fine.