The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Devils sign Tomas Tatar

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

A big fan favourite of Montreal. See, even the 'great' Bergevin can let players walk for free, not just Benning.

How was he a big fan favourite? He was a healthy scratch almost the entire playoffs, and many Montreal fans were happy to keep the lineup that way since it was successful.

Tatar wasn't going to re-sign with Montreal after that, he definitely needed a fresh start.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

How was he a big fan favourite? He was a healthy scratch almost the entire playoffs, and many Montreal fans were happy to keep the lineup that way since it was successful.

Tatar wasn't going to re-sign with Montreal after that, he definitely needed a fresh start.

There were some fans that really missed Tatar and hoped that maybe he'll be re-inserted into the lineup at some point. Some felt he was given a raw deal in the playoffs (which perfectly explains why he wanted to get a fresh start as you said).

Before the playoffs though, he was pretty clutch. He still had a pretty damn good season, all things considered.

Looking back into his past, Tatar did well during his time in Detroit, but did not fit in LV at all. Then he found a resurgence in Montreal again.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, AV. said:

Tatar will be a positive add to New Jersey.  Term and AAV should be fine.

Good move this.

I've noticed you have a lot of positive feedback for other teams moves and/or signings.... Measured and thoughtful... Shows that you actually have capacity to be reasonable... Looks good on you.  Since you're going down a much more positive path, why not stick to it, helps the quality of life for you and your positiveness rubs off on those around you.  However, it seems you have a problem staying in this positive mindset when it comes to the canucks.  So why not focus on other teams you have interest, in order to maintain this much healthier approach and perspective.  Canucks are bad for your health and you end up, negatively effecting others around you.  So take the leap and join another teams fan site.  I'm excited for you... All the best.

Hope this helps

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

20 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

I feel like this is similar to the Toffoli fiasco from last season. A guy they either gave up on or couldn’t afford.. pretty sure they could afford his asking price.. could be wrong. But I sure hope this stings them hard!

Only thing is that no one here is seemingly blasting/mocking Bergevin for it. 

I think Tatar will be a good offensive fit for NJ.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2