The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Predators re-sign Dante Fabbro

Is this guy not supposed to be one of the building blocks of the Nashville defense going forward? Is Poile a hypnotist to get him for such a small contract, or is he not living up to the initial billing? Not being facetious, actually curious as to what the status is on Fabbro's developmental curve.

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is this guy not supposed to be one of the building blocks of the Nashville defense going forward? Is Poile a hypnotist to get him for such a small contract, or is he not living up to the initial billing? Not being facetious, actually curious as to what the status is on Fabbro's developmental curve.

He’s been pretty meh on the analytics side. Below replacement player, at least by fancy stats (for what it’s worth).

On the other hand, he’s a young, mobile, RHD, with a very good set of tools, and has the pedigree of being a first round pick. He’s averaged around 19 minutes a game the last couple seasons. And at age 23, he should be just about to enter his prime.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where's he at on their depth chart? 

Josi and Ekholm will surely play the most, leaving Fabbro competing with Myers and Carrier for top 4 minutes.

Remains to be seen where Myers will fit in as he struggled last year (along with most Flyers), but with Ellis traded, Fabbro has his best opportunity to take a step forward.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where's he at on their depth chart? 

Really hard to figure out their right side depth chart.

You’ve got Alexandre Carrier, who’s hardly a high profile player, but just came off playing 25+ minutes a game for them during the playoffs.

Phillippe Myers, who’s highly underrated and a bit of a stats darling, and coming out of AV’s doghouse in Philly. He could be primed for a breakout season in a new environment.

And Fabbro, who hasn’t necessarily impressed much to-date, but has the best pedigree of the bunch, and is just hitting the age where you expect his game to come together.

Put their names in a hat and draw for the D order. Probably as good a chance of being right as anything I could offer. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's paid by hat size. Dude's got a massive melon. 

mike myers film GIF

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Phillippe Myers, who’s highly underrated and a bit of a stats darling, and coming out of AV’s doghouse in Philly. He could be primed for a breakout season in a new environment.

while I admittedly don't have much of a playbook on myers, my gut tells me that if I was a betting man, I'd place my wager on av's doghouse, not the keyboard-jockeys' spreadsheets. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He’s been pretty meh on the analytics side. Below replacement player, at least by fancy stats (for what it’s worth).

On the other hand, he’s a young, mobile, RHD  LHD, with a very good set of tools, and has the pedigree of being a first round pick. He’s averaged around 19  13 minutes a game the last couple seasons season. And at age 23, he should be just about to enter his prime.

olli.gif

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, tas said:

while I admittedly don't have much of a playbook on myers, my gut tells me that if I was a betting man, I'd place my wager on av's doghouse, not the keyboard-jockeys' spreadsheets. 

No doubt AV is a good hockey man, and I trust his analysis, as a coach, about 1000000% more (give or take a few zeroes) than whatever stats Twitterheads like JD Burke regurgitate in any given week.

That said, I do think Myers has potential and see some promise in his numbers.

And much as I love AV, there’s always a player or two that get on his bad side and suffer for it, sometimes unjustly. Not necessarily saying Myers is one of them. Just a factor I’d considered.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 70seven said:

I like the deal for Fabbro honestly.  Will cash in at UFA. 

Fabbro is an RFA with arbitration rights when his contract expires.  Team friendly contract, giving Fabbro the opportunity to show he can command the big dollars on his next deal.

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No doubt AV is a good hockey man, and I trust his analysis, as a coach, about 1000000% more (give or take a few zeroes) than whatever stats Twitterheads like JD Burke regurgitate in any given week.

And much as I love AV, there’s always a player or two that get on his bad side and suffer for it, sometimes unjustly. Not necessarily saying Myers is one of them. Just a factor I’d considered.

I felt really bad for Ballard.  The guy clearly didn't fit what AV wanted, but he never complained, worked hard, and did whatever he could to help the team.  Most guys would have requested a trade.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

and sometimes the ones that persevere are far better because of it. I doubt burr bears any ill will towards av over the time he spent in there over his first couple years.