The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phillip Di Giuseppe | LW/RW

-Vintage Canuck-

Drance seems to think Di Giuseppe has a legit shot at a 4th line job. Should be a fun camp with the all the new competition for spots. 

Edit: I hope I din't jinx it by bringing up Drance. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

Drance seems to think Di Giuseppe has a legit shot at a 4th line job. Should be a fun camp with the all the new competition for spots. 

No I don't think you did. This guy is legit. He can play. Since he's come into the NHL he has put up pretty good numbers in either league. The last few years he's bounced around but he is my dark horse for this year. I am interested to see what he brings to our line up, the shine has worn off his 2nd round selection but he is a solid pro. Our AHL squad is gonna be contending for the Calder I swear...if they all gel together that is lol. 

Pretty cool to watch both teams this year. I have AHL live, the only question I have is how the game timing will work out. Back in Utica their games would start around 4 PM here, so perfect to watch then slide over to the nucks game at 7 PM...may not be so easy now in the same time zone haha

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

No I don't think you did. This guy is legit. He can play. Since he's come into the NHL he has put up pretty good numbers in either league. The last few years he's bounced around but he is my dark horse for this year. I am interested to see what he brings to our line up, the shine has worn off his 2nd round selection but he is a solid pro. Our AHL squad is gonna be contending for the Calder I swear...if they all gel together that is lol. 

Pretty cool to watch both teams this year. I have AHL live, the only question I have is how the game timing will work out. Back in Utica their games would start around 4 PM here, so perfect to watch then slide over to the nucks game at 7 PM...may not be so easy now in the same time zone haha

I can't ever remember this much depth on the farm. With our injury history this could be a nice advantage for us in the Pacific. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

If DG is on our team it’s because of injuries.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If DG is on our team it’s because of injuries.  

You’re probably right, just because the team made a trade for Highmore, so they’re probably going to give him every chance to succeed, and it’s his spot to lose.

But if it’s a truly open competition (and Green likes to run things that way), with nobody playing favourites from the front office, I’d give Di Giuseppe a pretty decent chance to be the last man standing at camp, for a 12th/13th forward spot on the opening roster.

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Looks like there will be a couple of home games for the Van and Abby team at the same time and night during the season. I did not check past November but Van and Abby both have home games on the 30th of Oct and both start at 7PM. Same goes for November 19th where they both have home games starting at the same time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

You’re probably right, just because the team made a trade for Highmore, so they’re probably going to give him every chance to succeed, and it’s his spot to lose.

But if it’s a truly open competition (and Green likes to run things that way), with nobody playing favourites from the front office, I’d give Di Giuseppe a pretty decent chance to be the last man standing at camp, for a 12th/13th forward spot on the opening roster.

Okay Sid, I'll give you five nine names and I want you to give me their probabilities...  they shouldn't add up to more then 200% as we're counting both 12th or 13th forward.  

Zack MacEwen 

Matthew Highmore 

Philip DG (known as PDG henceforth) 

Justin Bailey 

Justin Dowling 

Jonah Gadjovich 

Will Lockwood 

Danila Klimovich 

Nic Petan 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

13 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Okay Sid, I'll give you five names and I want you to give me their probabilities...  they shouldn't add up to more then 200% as we're counting both 12th or 13th forward.  

Zack MacEwen 

Matthew Highmore 

Philip DG (known as PDG henceforth) 

Justin Bailey 

Justin Dowling 

Jonah Gadjovich 

Will Lockwood 

Danila Klimovich 

Nic Petan 

Inflation run amok, 5 has become 9.    ::D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Okay Sid, I'll give you five names and I want you to give me their probabilities...  they shouldn't add up to more then 200% as we're counting both 12th or 13th forward.  

Zack MacEwen 40%

Matthew Highmore 60%

Philip DG (known as PDG henceforth) 40%

Justin Bailey 7.5%

Justin Dowling 2.5%

Jonah Gadjovich 22.5%

Will Lockwood 22.5%

Danila Klimovich 2.5%

Nic Petan 2.5%

:P 

I haven’t checked the math, but that looks like it should add up to 200%.

I stand by none of these “probabilities,” but you asked, so I figured I’d try to give you an answer. ;) 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I have not kept up with the bottom six players too much. Is Highmore still with the organization? 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I have not kept up with the bottom six players too much. Is Highmore still with the organization? 

Yeah, Highmore is in the final year of his current contract, and he will be RFA when it expires in 2022. 

I think he’s currently the favourite for the 12th forward spot, completing the 4th line with Sutter and Motte.

He’s by no means a “lock,” however, unlike the other two players penciled in for the 4th line (Sutter, Motte), and he will  probably be competing with 2-3 others (including Di Giuseppe), and maybe a couple “dark horse” candidates at camp for either the 3rd slot on that 4th line, or the 13th forward (spare) roster spot.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, Highmore is in the final year of his current contract, and he will be RFA when it expires in 2022. 

I think he’s currently the favourite for the 12th forward spot, completing the 4th line with Sutter and Motte.

He’s by no means a “lock,” however, unlike the other two players penciled in for the 4th line (Sutter, Motte), and he will  probably be competing with 2-3 others (including Di Giuseppe), and maybe a couple “dark horse” candidates at camp for either the 3rd slot on that 4th line, or the 13th forward (spare) roster spot.

Guiseppe is probably a favorite to be a call up for injuries to any forwards that we might have. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

My early prediction on Di Giuseppe is that the more Green sees of him, the more he's going to realize that he has all of the qualities he covets in a 4th line winger.  My money is on him winning that 4th line spot over Highmore -- you can take it to the bank!:towel:

All comes down to waivers.

No one is claiming him on waivers. So he’s a better option to be called up and maximize our depth.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

All comes down to waivers.

No one is claiming him on waivers. So he’s a better option to be called up and maximize our depth.

Possibly, but Green also likes to make a point of rewarding the depth players who put in the extra effort to make the team by making space for them on the roster.  I just get the impression that Di Giuseppe will be that guy.....but we will see soon enough!