The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler Hall of Fame?

Rate this topic

Iron Fist

After reading the Linden post got me thinking.

Im nt saying retire his jersey or throw him in the ring of honour. He's gunna have to wait a while for any recognition by the team because of the way he left. ie Pavel Bure, Roberto Luongo.

Should Ryan Kesler get into the Hall of Fame.

3rd in Selke voting in '08/'09 - 3rd full season in nhl

2nd in Selke voting in '09/'10, silver medal in 2010 Olympics(scored the first goal while down 2-0)

Won Selke in '10/'11, Presidents Trophy  Stanley cup finals

11/'12- Presidents Trophy

'12/'13- down season/ rebuilding team

'13/'14-Western Final

'14/'15- lost in 7 first round

3rd in Selke voting in '15/'16

2nd in Selke voting in  '16/'17, Western Final

'16/'17- basically done physically because of all the wear and tear n his body from all the playoffs he played in for 2 teams.

18/'19- 1000 games Final season

Basically Beast mode whole career.

Thats the Question. Should Ryan Kesler get into the Hall of Fame?

UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO SAID ITS HARDER TO GET INTO THE HALL OF FAME

https://www.nhl.com/news/hockey-fan-tweets-immortalized-by-hockey-hall-of-fame/c-326124240

they're letting tweets in.

Edited by Iron Fist
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 5
  • RoughGame 1

Great player.

Great warrior for us.

Consistently elevated his game when it mattered most

But not enough for the Hall of Fame.  I don’t even think Naslund belongs there (although I might change my mind on this one day).

Henrik, Daniel, Pavel, and *maybe* Mogilny should be our only HOF’ers.  

• Upvote 1

The Hockey Hall of Fame? Not a chance. He didn't even have one season truly worthy of the HHOF, much less a career.

Now, a Hall of Fame for "Players who requested a trade to one or two destinations" then sure. He can be in that hall of fame. And he is.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

He won a Selke and had one 40 goal season (even then he didn't hit 82 points). That's about it. 

He was a solid player but he's not even won one championship and was never a PPG player even in his prime. 

Simply put, No. He's not HOF worthy, not a chance. 

I feel like people are undermining the Hall of Fame nowadays. You need to have accomplished quite an amount of accolades throughout your career to even be considered as a candidate. Not just because he was a good player for your team at some point in time. 

IMO, the only legitimate candidates who played on our team in recent years are the Sedins.

49 minutes ago, -SN- said:

Here's an alternative version of that list.

Didn't win anything. 

Won Olympics Loser Medal. 

Won Selke.

Didn't win anything. 

Didn't win anything. 

Didn't win anything. 

Didn't win anything. 

Didn't win anything. 

Didn't win anything. 

Didn't win anything. 

Didn't win anything. 

lotta people don't win anything.

Pittsburgh, Chicago, La, Tampa  won most of the cups of the last decade.   Hall of fame inductee lists are all shorter and shorter every year. 

sedins bure luongo dinde really win anything either

9 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

He won a Selke and had one 40 goal season (even then he didn't hit 82 points). That's about it. 

He was a solid player but he's not even won one championship and was never a PPG player even in his prime. 

Simply put, No. He's not HOF worthy, not a chance. 

I feel like people are undermining the Hall of Fame nowadays. You need to have accomplished quite an amount of accolades throughout your career to even be considered as a candidate. Not just because he was a good player for your team at some point in time. 

IMO, the only legitimate candidates who played on our team in recent years are the Sedins.

I disagree,  next 10 years there should be opportunity for a lot of people that didn't get in, in the 90 and 2000s probably get in  based on lack of depth on candidates