The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm gonna be totally honest, between Petey and Hughes missing camp, the Hamonic situation, Motte being out and whatever is wrong with Sutter, I'm having difficulty getting excited for the start of the season. Between all of these thing I don't see how we get off to a good start. Feels like there's a bit of a black cloud lingering over camp imho.

Top 9, Demko and Podkokzin should get you excited.

• Cheers 2

Just now, J-23 said:

Top 9, Demko and Podkokzin should get you excited.

I agree, plus we have L) side bottom pair battle of the ages. And Abbotsford. I think the guys will be keen to show they aren't a two player team anyway so motivation will be high (should they hold out in the first game or so). Also Australia is still in lockdown purgatory so anything is good for me. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, RomanP said:

Perhaps, that's why I'm not making up my mind. It just leaves some bad taste that his brother said what he said and everything is quiet from Quinn on the subject. Let's wait and see what he ends up saying, but most likely it will be something well rehearsed with his agent.

Not sure why anyone would be all butthurt about what Jack said. He said the Canucks were one of the worst teams in the league last season, which was factually true. They finished last in the Canadian division, which was arguably the worst division in the league.

Did you really expect him to rip his own brother's defensive game? Ridiculous...

"Yeah, I think Quinn had a really bad season last year, he has a lot to work on, he should probably just sign for league minimum, I guess."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Not sure why anyone would be all butthurt about what Jack said. He said the Canucks were one of the worst teams in the league last season, which was factually true. They finished last in the Canadian division, which was arguably the worst division in the league.

Did you really expect him to rip his own brother's defensive game? Ridiculous...

"Yeah, I think Quinn had a really bad season last year, he has a lot to work on, he should probably just sign for league minimum, I guess."

He wasn't asked about Quinn, he was asked about his own contract. It's not his place to talk about other teams and players on other teams.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

You are comparing marathon running in the Olympics to a conditioning skate in pre season camp in hockey? 

Are you for real? 

Have you seen any other Canuck sprawled like this? 

So are you saying Juolevi is the only guy that gave it his all? 

Should we then be disappointed that our guys don't do their best then? 

when-you-find-youre-in-a-hole

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Just being honest. Our blueline was already looking pretty thin. Possibly take Hughes and/or Hamonic off of it to start and it's probably the worst blueline in the league.  

ahhhh yes, likely the source of your “lingering black cloud”…

image.jpeg.8679fc79a775de9c3b9c56ba7f04b7f3.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

It was a immature spoiled brat comment, seeing how NJ finished lower in the overall standings and Huggy Bear is not a complete defenseman at this stage of his career. All he needed to say was his brother is going to get a fair contract, because he is one of top scoring D man in the league.

At this stage of his progression QH is one dimensional and should be paid as such. A three year deal to see if his defense can improve. I think he has the skill to be a very good defender by using his skating to angle players off the puck and the smarts to use the pokecheck as his bread and butter to good defending. 

• Vintage 2

No Petey...No Hughesy....Motte please get well soon.....Sutter...wtf....seriously.... and Hamonic....well everyone has the right to choose....your club has made their choice, so if you don't like it go find a team that will take your unvaccinated ass 

frack you hockey gods...was it too much to ask for a smooth start to training camp....

I’m really liking the highlight hits by Woo… even led to a turnover goal in the scrimmage. What do people think his chances are of making the club? Each year it’s always ‘maybe next year,’ but given we have such few hard hitting defenders now, I could see him surprising folks when it comes time for cuts.

• Vintage 1