The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

It seems like a depth no brainer to bump Dickinson to the 4th and miller on third, if we are just talking about Center depth that would be amazing...but then we are looking at holes on the wing

not necessarily, if you do that then maybe Green doesn't need to use Lockwood on the PK, which he clearly doesn't want to do yet. He could maybe take over where Jake left off, he's certainly more willing to engage physically than Jake ever was. 

I also kind of have Pearson penciled in on MY 3rd line not my 2nd line, but what do i know. Pearson, Miller, Pod for a third line would be extremely good for a third, imo, but again shrug, not an industry insider so my opinion means squat.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Garland Horvat Podkolzin

Pearson, Miller, Motte

Bailey, Dickinson, Highmore

Petan

Just something fun to think of while i am sipping coffee.....the green wingers subject to shuffle as per Green's perogative.

Edited by Primal Optimist

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser  (don't fix what isn't broken)

Pearson - Horvat - Garland  (Pearson and Bo are a thing)

Hoglander - Petan - Chiasson  (Petan has earned it)

Gadjovich - Dickinson - Highmore  (Gadjovich deserves a chance)

Di Giuseppe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I also kind of have Pearson penciled in on MY 3rd line not my 2nd line, but what do i know. Pearson, Miller, Pod for a third line would be extremely good for a third, imo, but again shrug, not an industry insider so my opinion means squat.

Garland Horvat Podkolzin

Pearson, Miller, Motte

Petan

Just something fun to think of while i am sipping coffee.....the green wingers subject to shuffle as per Green's perogative.

I think you have to keep Gadjovich over Petan.  Gadjovich at least brings something useful to the lineup, and has the potential for improvement.

13 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Garland Horvat Podkolzin

Pearson, Miller, Motte

Petan

Bo and TP clearly have chemistry, why do people want to mess with that?

• Like 1

Just now, runtzguy said:

Lineups should be:

Miller Petterson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Hoglander
Lockwood Dickinson Garland
Desju(don't know his spelling) Gadjovich Highmore

Yeah, Lockwood is not in the NHL this season, let alone third line.  I love his style and energy, but he's got a lot of developing to do.  Playing in the NHL is a lot more than just finishing your checks

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser  (don't fix what isn't broken)

Pearson - Horvat - Garland  (Pearson and Bo are a thing)

Hoglander - Petan - Chiasson  (Petan has earned it)

Gadjovich - Dickinson - Highmore  (Gadjovich deserves a chance)

Di Giuseppe

Hrm, i had not considered Petan as a Centerman, but maybe flip him and Dickinson around and you are onto something!

I really like Lockwood's game so far.  I think he is a solid option to fill Motte's role for the time being.  I also like how Petan and Di Giuseppe have looked.  Even before the season starts, the depth that JB has brought in is looking like it could pay off.

I'm going with the following at this stage, with Motte and Sutter out.

Hoglander-EP-BB

Pearson-Bo-Podkolzin

Petan-Miller-Garland

Lockwood-Dickinson-Highmore

Di Giuseppe, Gadjovich

OEL-Poolman

QH-Hamonic/Schenn or much needed upgrade

Rathbone-Myers

Juolevi

Demko

Halak  (liked his game last night, looks pretty calm and collected in there)

I like Chiasson out there too, meant to include him, just not sure where he fits in

Edited by BCNate
I like Chiasson

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Bo and TP clearly have chemistry, why do people want to mess with that?

I am just thinking about stretching the 'hard to play against/offensive threat' up and down the lineup. I wouldn't object to Pearson in the top six. 

Anyway you slice it, this is going to be a fun season to watch!

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah, Lockwood is not in the NHL this season, let alone third line.  I love his style and energy, but he's got a lot of developing to do.  Playing in the NHL is a lot more than just finishing your checks

I see his game differently then you. I do see Lockwood as an NHLer, I see him make plays, be gritty, create checks and hits. Lockwood for me would be great as a third liner.

• Vintage 1

Just now, BPA said:

Is Chaisson on the outs then?  I don't see many posters slotting him in the opening roster. 

I wonder if he’ll get offered a 2way deal and then turn it down to continue his pursuit in a full time role with an NHL club…

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Petey Miller Garland

Pearson Bo Boeser

Hogz Dickenson Podz

Gadj Sutter Motte

Mac

OEL Poolman

QH Harmonic

OJ Myers

Bowey Hunt

That's how I have it when/if all are healthy

Hoglander belongs with pearson and horvat, petey miller and boeser, those two lines should not be changed

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Aren't we all good on D with Hamonic deciding not to opt out? 

OEL, Hughes, Myers, Hamonic, Poolman, Juolevi 

Extra: Hunt, Bowey or Rathbone? 

Let's not forget. - he had to "opt in" if a possible trade is still in the works.   I wouldn't pencil him in yet until all the Metropolitan Division teams have taken Benning's calls (they play Canadian teams the fewest times, with least number of border crossings ..... Philly, eg, plays Canadian teams 8 times in Canada, with just 4 times over the border - that'd be attractive to Hamonic)

I like this when healthy;

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hoglander - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Motte - Sutter - Lockwood

Di Guiseppe

But w/ Motte & Sutter out I'd slot Di Guiseppe & Dowling in those spots. (As opposed to Miller at C, he's better on the wing).

And if Boeser is out I'd move Garland/Hoglander up a line each, and bring Petan in on the third line;

Miller - Pettersson - Garland

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander

Podkolzin - Dickinson - Petan

Di Guiseppe - Dowling - Lockwood

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I like this when healthy;

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hoglander - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Motte - Sutter - Lockwood

Di Guiseppe

But w/ Motte & Sutter out I'd slot Di Guiseppe & Dowling in those spots. (As opposed to Miller at C, he's better on the wing).

And if Boeser is out I'd move Garland/Hoglander up a line each, and bring Petan in on the third line;

Miller - Pettersson - Garland

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander

Podkolzin - Dickinson - Petan

Di Guiseppe - Dowling - Lockwood

dunno, I like what Lockwood is doing but I don't see Green using him until he goes to Abby and learns to PK. Green hasn't used him at all that way, and I think all of our bottom 6 would have to be in that role to some degree.

I'd like to see Lockwood get his defensive game up to speed, and then the kid can come up here and be a really useful player. 

• Cheers 1