The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Olli Juolevi/Cal Foote

If Hamonic decides to opt out of the season or retire.

To Vancouver 

Cal Foote

To Tampa Bay

Olli Juolevi 

The idea behind this trade is to trade Juolevi for a RD of similar profile and development to fill Hamonic's hole on the roster.

Would you do this trade? Would Tampa? Does anything need to be added?

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

Not really sure what’s in it for Tampa.  Right shot D are generally more valuable than left shot D. Also,based on their depth chart, I don’t see Juolevi having a shot at the top 6 short of a few injuries.  Just my opinion but I think they keep their right shot D who has at least stayed healthy for the most part 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Foote need waivers when TBay sends him down?  Let’s just claim him the?  

He does require waivers. That doesn’t mean Tampa won’t keep him on the roster as a 7th D.  Also you’re assuming the 8 teams with waiver priority ahead of Vancouver won’t claim him if he does hit waivers 

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

He does require waivers. That doesn’t mean Tampa won’t keep him on the roster as a 7th D.  Also you’re assuming the 8 teams with waiver priority ahead of Vancouver won’t claim him if he does hit waivers 

Since you normally have 6 defenseman iced, don't most/all team carry 7 defensemen on their roster (barring a ton of injuries).  Their AHL affiliate isn't in Florida.

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Since you normally have 6 defenseman iced, don't most/all team carry 7 defensemen on their roster (barring a ton of injuries).  Their AHL affiliate isn't in Florida.

That was exactly my point.  they can kept him as a 7th D  rather than risk losing him on waivers 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

That was exactly my point.  they can kept him as a 7th D  rather than risk losing him on waivers 

Probably can even go with a one less forward & have 7 defensemen on the iced roster (as a number of NHL coaches have done).  Bieksa patrolling up front as a forward was interesting in the good old days.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

8 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Juolevi will be lucky to be the 7th defenseman as Keeper and Rathbone are ahead of him, also Juolevi is paired with Burroughs an AHL player and I doubt Greener would pair an opening night player with a for sure AHL player during the preseason 

Keeper got injured in camp and just had surgery. He broke his leg.

If you watched today's game OJ was one of the few good standouts, even over Rathbone.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Keeper got injured in camp and just had surgery. He broke his leg.

If you watched today's game OJ was one of the few good standouts, even over Rathbone.

I only caught the first period, but he did not play well in Spokane 

sorry not Keeper but Hunt is who I meant I got them mixed up 

2 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I only caught the first period, but he did not play well in Spokane 

sorry not Keeper but Hunt is who I meant I got them mixed up 

It wasn't a great game but we had a weaker lineup. Hunt didn't play great but he wasn't terrible. Rathbone was the same. Burroughs was better than them both tonight and Schenn was the worst D tonight. Myer was the best D which isn't surprising as he was the only NHL regular and OJ was the 2nd best. 

OJ/Myers saw a lot of PK time as Flames kept racking consecutive PPs. They had like 6 PPs and OJ was not scored on any of them when he was on. The only goal they score was an empty net PP late in the 3rd with Myers and I think Hunt/Burroughs out because we tried pulling the goalie on the PK.

Not many positives.

• Cheers 1