The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

Just now, RakuRaku said:

What do you have against him?? his looks? the way he skates? 

But honestly, I didn't like the way he talked on TV during the intermission.... he sounded anti-social or something LOL..... 

Haha I was mostly joking. Just don't think he's a fit for the Canucks needs. His only strength is in close to the net on a PP with players who are better than him. Just put Podz there, if anything he'd do better and be more useful in the initial set up anyway

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

They got a 2nd for Lias Andersson who was handled much the same way. You could be right though considering twice he refused to report to the A.

I could see another trade with the Blues that involves Tarasenko with Krav as part of the deal 

Yea - Andersson has proven a little bit more on NA ice. But still, I agree,  I could see them getting a 2nd from a team confident that he would make their NHL roster, or a 3rd and a middling prospect more likely as he is technically suspended right now.

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Haha I was mostly joking. Just don't think he's a fit for the Canucks needs. His only strength is in close to the net on a PP with players who are better than him. Just put Podz there, if anything he'd do better and be more useful in the initial set up anyway

Agreed!! Chiasson is just a lot bigger and tougher than Petan/Highmore/Dowling and makes good net presence... other than that, he's just a dime a dozen!!

Just now, RakuRaku said:

How's that unrealistic?? IF you're totally her type.... why not?? It's year 2021 now... men don't have to pay the bill unless a) they are genuinely interested  and b) the lady was being respecful all night

I have seen ladies just going for the free food/drinks and looking down on her phone all night... I should have dashed! LOLOL..... 

More a joke suggesting she is out of my league.

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

More a joke suggesting she is out of my league.

Never sell yourself short dude... you will be amazed by how smart some ladies are going for inner beauty than anything LOL...I heard somewhere that women value men more if they can make them laugh all the time more rather than making them moan... something like that!!

2 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

He's a player with a tantalizing toolset that hasn't really been given a real chance yet in New York.

Could just be another Filatov type but there's definitely potential.

Sounds like Virtanen. Do we need someone like that in the organization? Guess if he comes cheap, then okay. If not, then forget about it. 

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

So how does this kid compare to our Russian, Podkolzin? 

Who has the higher end potential and who's likely to get there? I have no idea who this kid is, maybe because he plays out East :lol:

Based on my somewhat limited knowledge - I would say they both have high end potential. I think Pods has a higher chance of sticking to the NHL because he has other skillsets besides his offense to fall back on, whereas Kravtsov is more one dimensional. Saying that, Kravtsov has a higher end offensive potential - like, when he was drafted I think people thought he would become a 30 goal scorer. They're both big wingers (6'3ish each) and could actually compliment each other well - they both thrive on their off-wing and Kravtsov is more of a finisher where Pods can definitely score but he can also drive plays.

Both were top 10 picks in 2018 and 2019 respectively.

Edited by Teemu Selänne

There is always room for more skill in the lineup… it is not like we are a contending team yet.

If the price was low (3rd rounder plus a middling prospect) why not, with Sutter and Motte out, it seems from camp that they might try Miller as 3C opening up an extra winger slot.

Garland-Petterson-Boeser 

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Krav-Miller-Podkolzin

Lammikko-Dickenson-Chiasson

Petan

Miller schools the same two Russian kids on playing hard all the time… that is a line with some pretty good size and speed…probably has some decent success playing against 3rd and 4th lines.

Horvat and Pearson are stuck as one of the Pk duos again, but that is going to be the case until Sutter and Motte come back anyways.  Dickerson and Lammikko can be the primary PK duo.

Edited by Provost

28 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Never sell yourself short dude... you will be amazed by how smart some ladies are going for inner beauty than anything LOL...I heard somewhere that women value men more if they can make them laugh all the time more rather than making them moan... something like that!!

A sportscaster probably isn't going for the guy whose main form of exercise is 12 ounce curls.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

There is always room for more skill in the lineup… it is not like we are a contending team yet.

If the price was low (3rd rounder plus a middling prospect) why not, with Sutter and Motte out, it seems from camp that they might try Miller as 3C opening up an extra winger slot.

Garland-Petterson-Boeser 

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Krav-Miller-Podkolzin

Lammikko-Dickenson-Chiasson

Petan

Miller schools the same two Russian kids on playing hard all the time… that is a line with some pretty good size and speed…probably has some decent success playing against 3rd and 4th lines.

Horvat and Pearson are stuck as one of the Pk duos again, but that is going to be the case until Sutter and Motte come back anyways.  Dickerson and Lammikko can be the primary PK duo.

I like that lineup a lot.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I want to go on a date with Caroline Cameron where she pays for dinner.  Doesn't mean it's realistic.

I'd even be willing to go dutch on a date with Caroline Cameron. Talking sports with somebody who actually knows more than one sport... AND she's stunning too.

You have good taste lol.

As for Kravtsov, I wonder if it's like our issues with some players; can't play top 6 yet, can't play bottom six either, so he's got nowhere to be despite being 'good enough' but not quite.

48 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Based on my somewhat limited knowledge - I would say they both have high end potential. I think Pods has a higher chance of sticking to the NHL because he has other skillsets besides his offense to fall back on, whereas Kravtsov is more one dimensional. Saying that, Kravtsov has a higher end offensive potential - like, when he was drafted I think people thought he would become a 30 goal scorer. They're both big wingers (6'3ish each) and could actually compliment each other well - they both thrive on their off-wing and Kravtsov is more of a finisher where Pods can definitely score but he can also drive plays.

Both were top 10 picks in 2018 and 2019 respectively.

I wonder what the asking price is for the kid. 

1st round pick next season? Would you give that up for him? 

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I wonder what the asking price is for the kid. 

1st round pick next season? Would you give that up for him? 

I would say his value ranges from a 2nd round pick to a 3rd + a low level prospect

I would say there's a very very low chance anyone would give  up a 1st for a player who has already shown he won't play in the AHL and is now suspended by his team - and additionally has his agent doing the work of seeking a trade on his behalf (when market levels are high, management can find it on its own). Someone brought up the Lias Andersson pick as an example - he garnered a 60th overall pick (late 2nd) and had already had some AHL exp - at the same age, similar draft spot

I would say a Jasek or Aiden McDonough-level prospect and a mid 3rd round pick should be enough.

Edited by Teemu Selänne