The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Red Wings vs. Canucks game used to be the epitome of entertaining high-skill hockey when Zetterberg and Datsuyk were around. 

Don't know what to say about this Detroit team especially after tonight's shenanigans.

Just now, VforVasili said:

I don't get it. Worst part is I don't know if it is because I am too old or too young to get it.

At the risk of sounding old myself, I think the kids might describe it as meta. On the one hand it was a joke at your light grey on white text, on the other it was about the lighting during the game.

Either jokes aren't as good when you explain them or I'm not as funny as I think. Probably both.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, every year the same posters whining endlessly about meaningless cliches. 

It’s like they don’t watch other teams or hear other coaches interviews. Coaches all have there own quirks. I mean they get interviewed a hundred times a year 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BlueDragon23 said:

At least the battle of Alberta is entertaining if anyone is watching. Lol, it’s already becoming a gong show

I always feel off watching the Battle of Alberta because its hard watching a game wanting both teams to lose.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

At the risk of sounding old myself, I think the kids might describe it as meta. On the one hand it was a joke at your light grey on white text, on the other it was about the lighting during the game.

Either jokes aren't as good when you explain them or I'm not as funny as I think. Probably both.

Haha oh that's weird. I just posted it on my phone so I don't even know how that happened. Looks exactly the same as other posts to me.

The lighting in the game was a joke, that I agree with 100%!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, every year the same posters whining endlessly about meaningless cliches. 

They really don't know how to hockey.  You don't go 82-0 in a season.  We've had some pretty fun hockey to watch, even if we don't always get the end result we'd like.

And most have already moved on to the next game.  Some people really hang onto their negative narrative....it's kind of sad.

Put on the Edmonton-Calgary game...someone'll lose in that one too.

And it's getting charged up...Kassian involved (again).

• Cheers 1