The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

League will rig the draft so they get Shane Wright and then move the team to Houston.

What I find sad is their arena was packed compared to the Sens, Sabres, Panthers, and the Cali teams. They have much better fans then  they are given credit for.

The Sens honestly don't deserve a team, I don't care if their owner is a douche,  9000 fans for a home opener is pathetic,  even worse for a Canadian team and this has been an issue for years now.

Worst fan fanbase in Canada imo.

• Wat 1

40 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

So was walking from Tanev at that price/term. I'll go one further though...I actively cheer against them wish nothing but failure in their careers as long as they're in Calgary. 

Very happy they aren't here for 3 and  5 more years. Neither have looked good since around the halfway mark last season.

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Special teams needs to be better.

I look right at the PK. Strangely enough over Green''s tenure he has failed to develop any of our own prospects to play this role. Constantly this team has consistently had to go out to acquire pieces to play the PK. Considering that the last 3 years the only player that has considerably been developed to play the PK is Tyler Motte, but yet against wasn't a prospect for us.

As much as the tactics and overall execution has to be better by the players and Baumgartner who institutes the plans. Green has to be better at developing PK players from within. As of now, considering its a carousal of guys in there because Green hasn't done his job in developing guys to be there. Its time to see our home grown talent like Hoglander, Podkolzin, Rathbone put in those positions to grow so this team doesn't have to constantly buy these pieces in free agency or trade.

I thought Jake would have been good to try at PK. Hogs would be a good candidate. If we can teach Lockwood in Abby to be ready to PK. We have a few prospects that could be developed. 

We need to get the most out of our draft picks. 

7 hours ago, lmm said:

remember when we thought Bo HOrvat was going to be a Selke winner?

I would say Horvat, Myers and Highmore were out of position on the final Philly goal

if you can't trust your captain, who can you trust?

That said, Horvat hasn't had good tutoring or mentoring my opinion

Yep.. and Bergerons line has never been scored against.

7 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Hopefully OEL doesn't ignore Brock like the other #23 that patrolled the point on the PP for a while :towel:

That was straight up infuriating lol. Brock would be teed up at Ovie ‘s hash marks with no one around him with his stick cocked in the air ready to fire. Edler would look and turn towards him, angle his stick like he was going to pass to Brock, then not and proceed to wrist it into someone’s skates or shin pads lol. Grrr. So glad we have two legit PP QB’s on this team now. 

Edited by You Mad Bro?
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I thought Jake would have been good to try at PK. Hogs would be a good candidate. If we can teach Lockwood in Abby to be ready to PK. We have a few prospects that could be developed. 

We need to get the most out of our draft picks. 

If Lockwood becomes a PK'er, he could slot straight into the bottom six...without shadow of doubt. He is Motte 2. 

With confidence we will also become a goal treat....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

What I find sad is their arena was packed compared to the Sens, Sabres, Panthers, and the Cali teams. They have much better fans then  they are given credit for.

The Sens honestly don't deserve a team, I don't care if their owner is a douche,  9000 fans for a home opener is pathetic,  even worse for a Canadian team and this has been an issue for years now.

Worst fan fanbase in Canada imo.

If you put Rogers Arena in Mission, with no improvements in traffic, transit or roads. You'd probably struggle to fill the building as well. 

Some fans hate our owners and they spend to the cap. Why Arizona and Florida build their arenas outside Phoenix and Miami doesn't make sense either. 

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Execution is more important than the quickness, be quick but don't hurry." Words of wisdom. Listen in as new Canucks Assistant Coaches Brad Shaw and Kyle Gustafson are mic'd up at practice during Vancouver's road trip.

Shaw quoting John Wooden - wow - . Shaw is obviously an excellent man. Chapeau. Expectations are high on you, Mr. Shaw. You have to make this D-Core better. Nothing less.

• Like 1