The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Regardless of who takes his spot, having Rathbone in Abbotsford is the right move 

He'll benefit more from big minutes over there, getting powerplay and PK time he wouldn't get in Vancouver 

If we want him to be more than a bottom pairing guy, and he's capable of it, he'll need to be able to play those minutes 

• Vintage 4

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

Rathbone isn't quite there yet and he'll get more mins and more meaningful mins in Abby.  Why is that bad?

The only thing that irks me about this is they just wasted OJ

I was too until he got injured again in Florida. Good pick but his body was not built for the NHL.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Regardless of who takes his spot, having Rathbone in Abbotsford is the right move 

He'll benefit more from big minutes over there, getting powerplay and PK time he wouldn't get in Vancouver 

If we want him to be more than a bottom pairing guy, and he's capable of it, he'll need to be able to play those minutes 

We need to make a trade for a serviceable lefty.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, it depends on what it'd cost. If the season goes off the rails, and it's possible it very well might, I don't want us moving high picks. If a depth guy can be signed or had cheap sure. 

A huggy bear hug 

A serviceable bottom pairing guy shouldn't cost high picks.

19 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yet he just had his best game against one of the best teams in the league. Only thing Green wants to do is give his veteran players undeserved ice time over kids who have. 

Rathbone is much better off in Abby playng big mins and getting heavy pp time.  I'm not sure why anyone would complain about that

• Cheers 3

Just now, King Heffy said:

The problem is we don't have another usable lefty.

I don't disagree there, but there may be a player who has some experience playing his offside that we just don't know about.  It might also just be a paper move fro the time being as well, so they can evaluate where Hamonic is at

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is we don't have another usable lefty.

I think Bones played harder at the start but lately he hasn't had that same swagger like when he started the training camp. He's gotten nailed hard a few times too. 

31 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yet he just had his best game against one of the best teams in the league. Only thing Green wants to do is give his veteran players undeserved ice time over kids who have. 

And yet was still wasn't good enough in own end. 

• Cheers 1