The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Ducks | November 9th, 7pm

Rate this topic

MattJVD

28 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Honestly if we can go on a little run here and build some confidence in the special teams, We could become a pretty good team by Christmas. I see alot of pitchforks chasing dickinson. At the very least let the guy get accustomed to life here. Coming from gun on the hip texas to avocado toast & complaining Vancouver would be a big change on its own.

Couple interesting stats are the shots for and against.
20/21- 20th shots per / 29th shots against
21/22- 13th shots per / 12th shots against 

On that note goalies are insane this year. For how godly demko is, He's 15th in sv an 28th in gaa lol. 

Maybe dickinson isn't the scapegoat we are searching for, Once we can learn to play as a 5 man unit the entire game, Everyone will elevate their play

WIN these divisional games!! Go canucks:towel:

I'm not sure what people expected from Dickinson, his stats showed that he's a defensive minded center who does not score much, and is less than mediocre on the dot, winning about 40% of draws.  JB got him for his defensive acumen, planning for a solid defensive third line that would free Bo's second line to focus more on offense, rather than taking all the tough defensive zone starts.  The problem is that we have two dynamic offensive players in Garland and Podz playing with Dickinson, which for some reason makes people think he should be chipping more more offensively.  Garland and Podz working together will create some offense, like last game, but they're not the Lotto Line from two years ago.  However, if Podz continues with his developmental curve, Travis could have some interesting choices when he puts the lines in the blender.  I'd love to see Podz get some top line minutes the next time Brock comes out flat, or the top line is struggling.  Would it be possible to put Podz and Hogs on Bo's line together?  It feels like Podz plays a harder game than Pearson, with him and Hogs retrieving pucks for each other, and their play making ability, it could be a fantastic second line. 

Oh and the reason the shots against stats are better than last year is obvious, the team spends less time in their own zone, they don't get hemmed in as often, and they have a puck mover on every pairing.  I blame the improved stats on Brad Shaw and on OEL and Poolman, who have been excellent.  The team is moving the puck faster, and they are much better in transition thanks to the quick first pass from the defensive end.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Well you'll just have to live without my witty banter memes and gifs....going to the game.  I sure hope it's as entertaining as last game...come on boys, don't let me/us down.  Keep this momentum going in the right direction.

Not sure why we always have to rip on our own players....that's why we have opponents.  GO CANUCKS GO!

Have fun!!! Cheer loud for those of us not going ::D

17 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I'm not sure what people expected from Dickinson, his stats showed that he's a defensive minded center who does not score much, and is less than mediocre on the dot, winning about 40% of draws.  JB got him for his defensive acumen, planning for a solid defensive third line that would free Bo's second line to focus more on offense, rather than taking all the tough defensive zone starts.  The problem is that we have two dynamic offensive players in Garland and Podz playing with Dickinson, which for some reason makes people think he should be chipping more more offensively.  Garland and Podz working together will create some offense, like last game, but they're not the Lotto Line from two years ago.  However, if Podz continues with his developmental curve, Travis could have some interesting choices when he puts the lines in the blender.  I'd love to see Podz get some top line minutes the next time Brock comes out flat, or the top line is struggling.  Would it be possible to put Podz and Hogs on Bo's line together?  It feels like Podz plays a harder game than Pearson, with him and Hogs retrieving pucks for each other, and their play making ability, it could be a fantastic second line. 

Oh and the reason the shots against stats are better than last year is obvious, the team spends less time in their own zone, they don't get hemmed in as often, and they have a puck mover on every pairing.  I blame the improved stats on Brad Shaw and on OEL and Poolman, who have been excellent.  The team is moving the puck faster, and they are much better in transition thanks to the quick first pass from the defensive end.

Good points and perhaps it is time for Pearson to be with Dickinson to form an expensive shutdown line.