The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Ducks | November 9th, 7pm

Rate this topic

MattJVD

1 hour ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I must disagree. The only way Garland/OEL doesn’t become a fantastic trade for us is if both players suddenly stop playing like they are now. A top 6 rental for just the playoffs these days is worth a 1st round pick alone. A top 4 D is worth a 1st + as a playoff rental. We have both of them for 5 and 6 entire seasons, but only paid a 1st, 2nd and 7th for both plus shed cap plus AZ is paying part of OEL’s cap hit.

If each player only plays 1 season with us and puts up 50 points and 20-30 points respectively, but never plays again after that then the trade would still be an absolute fleecing.

I get it but I want to look at how each pieces will progress; and five years would be a good timeline to truly asses this trade - imo.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks
10:00 PM ES

REFEREES

Brad Meier #34
BM34.jpg
Corey Syvret #23
2021_CS23.jpg
Games ’21-22 10 9
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 51 / 9 32 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1408 / 97 72 / 0
First NHL Game 10/23/99 4/4/18
Birthplace Dayton, OH Millgrove, ON
Goals/Gm 5.5 (36) 6.3 (5)
PP/Gm 3.2 (9) 2.5 (41)
Penl/Gm 3.7 (11) 3.1 (39)
PIM/Gm 8.6 (14) 7.1 (38)
% of Penl on Home 46.0% (40) 48.0% (30)
More Penl on Rd % 16.0% (4) 9.0% (8)
Home Win % 59.0% (9) 55.0% (18)
Home Rec. 30-21 17-14
OT/SO Games 16.0% (35) 16.0% (35)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2019-20 29% 41% 30% 32% 42% 27%
Team Records 19-20 18-19 17-18 19-20 18-19 17-18
ANA 2-3 1-4 2-2 0-0 0-0 0-0
VAN 2-3 1-1 4-2 1-0 0-0 0-0

LINESMEN

Bevan Mills #53
BM53.jpg
Brad Kovachik #71
BK71.jpg
Games ’21-22 11 10
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 54 / 5 46 / 2
Career Games (Reg/PO) 229 / 5 1637 / 175
First NHL Game 11/29/16 10/10/96
Birthplace Surrey, BC

Woodstock, ON

Meier rigged quite a few games last year, and was the piece of garbage who thought it was ok to let Forbert go after Hoglander.  Not expecting this crook to conduct himself appropriately tonight.

Yeah

That Meier smells like cat pee

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

My friend, who’s a big Kariya fan, is going to the game. He’s both a Ducks and Canucks fan. He told me though that he’s going to be cheering for the Ducks tonight. Hope our boys crush em tonight! GCG!

Tell your friend that Paul Kariya is from North Vancouver, and that his loyalty is misaligned.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

my son is going to the game tonight. 

I asked him if he was going to wear his Ducks or Canucks jersey. He gave me the dirtiest look and replied ' you DO realize that my Ducks jersey is a child's size small, don't you?' 

I was just teasing him of course, but the look on his face.......priceless. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

My friend, who’s a big Kariya fan, is going to the game. He’s both a Ducks and Canucks fan. He told me though that he’s going to be cheering for the Ducks tonight. Hope our boys crush em tonight! GCG!

When the Habs played against the Kraken in Seattle, I was all for Montreal, and then they lost. I was at the game. I was excited months in advance of the Habs playing in Seattle. 

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it but I want to look at the how each pieces will progress; and five years would be a good timeline to truly asses this trade - imo.

Some people will be watching any player that came after the 8th overall pick for the next 10yrs. ::D

• Haha 2

Honestly if we can go on a little run here and build some confidence in the special teams, We could become a pretty good team by Christmas. I see alot of pitchforks chasing dickinson. At the very least let the guy get accustomed to life here. Coming from gun on the hip texas to avocado toast & complaining Vancouver would be a big change on its own.

Couple interesting stats are the shots for and against.
20/21- 20th shots per / 29th shots against
21/22- 13th shots per / 12th shots against 

On that note goalies are insane this year. For how godly demko is, He's 15th in sv an 28th in gaa lol. 

Maybe dickinson isn't the scapegoat we are searching for, Once we can learn to play as a 5 man unit the entire game, Everyone will elevate their play

WIN these divisional games!! Go canucks:towel:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Some people will be watching any player that came after the 8th overall pick for the next 10yrs. ::D

Yup and good chance, there will be some that will continually remind us of any draft mistakes or etc - hindsight GM's.

Anyways, hoping for a good showing tonight.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1