The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hypothetical] Who should replace Travis Green?

Rate this topic

Ilya Mikheyev

Who should replace Green as coach?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if Boucher and Boudreau could work together, probably have Boudreau as the head coach with a bit more NHL winning experience and Boucher as an assistant, tactics and systems could really be fun.

Boudreau basically ran the show in Washington with some high-flying offensive talents, hopefully he could implement that system with guys like Petey, Brock and Hughes and get the most out of them. He took a young Washington team to the next level and that's what we need now, not just an AHL farmer. 

As for Boucher, I don't think he's quite good enough to be head coach by himself but was able to play quite a stingy Lightning team. Of course, these teams were both stacked but both coaches got the most out of their players which is the main thing Green is failing to do right now.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Have the Sedins co-manage.. Jim is gone. Shaw temp head coach as a prospect for next season. Green gone and his ass’s go with him. 

So a guy who's coached since 2008 isn't good enough,  but the Sedins with zero management experience need to take over.   Terrible take. 

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if Boucher and Boudreau could work together, probably have Boudreau as the head coach with a bit more NHL winning experience and Boucher as an assistant, tactics and systems could really be fun.

Boudreau basically ran the show in Washington with some high-flying offensive talents, hopefully he could implement that system with guys like Petey, Brock and Hughes and get the most out of them. He took a young Washington team to the next level and that's what we need now, not just an AHL farmer. 

As for Boucher, I don't think he's quite good enough to be head coach by himself but was able to play quite a stingy Lightning team. Of course, these teams were both stacked but both coaches got the most out of their players which is the main thing Green is failing to do right now.

That's an interesting idea for sure. As long as one of them is ok with being the assistant from the start.

5 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

What don't you think fits with Boucher and this roster ?

He is a good coach but seems to rely too much on structure over creativity. This roster has a lot of guys who seem to need to be creative to have success.

Dont get me wrong. I would not be upset if he got hired. I just think I would rather see a guy like Boudreau who has shown he can work with this type of roster. 

• Cheers 1

this needs a poll with a list of coaches, like it or not Babcock would be the most experienced coach who might be able to turn this season around and allow us to compete still. I would try to get Boudreau here as an assistant who specializes on the PP side of things