The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIRE Jim Benning & Travis Green Thread

Rate this topic

Sanford

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So much media attacking "the top". 

Let's just keep it simple for now and change the coach. 

The gm just resigned this coach. 

JB has had every opportunity he deserves the lions share of “attacks” this is  100% his team from coaches to players to thrown away prospects. 

Why leave this refool in charge to further damage the brand and the future. 

31 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'm not even mad anymore lol. This is comedy gold.

This tweet is kind of odd really.

It makes it sound like Benning needs permission or marching orders from Aquilini before he can do anything.

The problems should be clear enough to Benning, not sure why Aquilini needs to help him to figure this out.

• Vintage 2

34 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Cue a core player being traded for toughness in the bottom 6 and on the bottom D pairing. 

In other words, trade a player who will flourish on another team and system for a plug and a pylon.

12 minutes ago, GB5 said:

This tweet is kind of odd really.

It makes it sound like Benning needs permission or marching orders from Aquilini before he can do anything.

The problems should be clear enough to Benning, not sure why Aquilini needs to help him to figure this out.

Hiring an actual NHL coach is going to cost a lot of money.  

Edited by King Heffy

55 minutes ago, combover said:

The gm just resigned this coach. 

JB has had every opportunity he deserves the lions share of “attacks” this is  100% his team from coaches to players to thrown away prospects. 

Why leave this refool in charge to further damage the brand and the future. 

JB was loyal to a fault. He was giving Green a mulligan after a bad covid year. I wanted Green gone and thought last year was the perfect time for a change. I think keeping Green too long is worse for JBs image. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

No it’s not. It’s a distinctly different overall strategy than a retool. 

I’ll let you in on a secret. Trying to make the playoffs every year by signing over the hill vets to overpaid contracts to retool works a lot better when those players are actually good.

It's all just semantics in the end. I understand what you're saying, but I disagree that Benning should be let go in the middle of the season. Before this season almost everyone was optimistic that this was our best team assembled since 2011. On paper, it is. Benning deserves to see what this roster can do with a different coaching staff. However, since he is responsible for resigning Green, I understand he might not get the convenience to see it through. 

3 minutes ago, Nave said:

It's all just semantics in the end. I understand what you're saying, but I disagree that Benning should be let go in the middle of the season. Before this season almost everyone was optimistic that this was our best team assembled since 2011. On paper, it is. Benning deserves to see what this roster can do with a different coaching staff. However, since he is responsible for resigning Green, I understand he might not get the convenience to see it through. 

The fact this is our best team since 2011 and is still performing like this is actually the best argument for firing Benning and Green than anything else. The last thing we need is desperate moves.

He has hired 2 coaches. Desjardins and Green. Along with such stellar assistants as Baumgartner, King, some guy no one has heard of, etc. Does that inspire any confidence in you that he should get another long term coach hire?

A rebuild and a retool are two very different approaches. Benning has not one year of his tenure engaged in anything close to a rebuild.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Vintage 1

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

The fact this is our best team since 2011 and is still performing like this is actually the best argument for firing Benning and Green than anything else. The last thing we need is desperate moves.

He has hired 2 coaches. Desjardins and Green. Along with such stellar assistants as Baumgartner, King, some guy no one has heard of, etc. Does that inspire any confidence in you that he should get another long term coach hire?

Firing Benning is a desperate move though. That's what I'm saying. 
Green, Baumgartner, and King can F off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nave said:

Firing Benning is the least desperate move next to firing the coaching. 

If Aquilini wants to restore some semblance of hope within the fan base and player group, both management and coaching should be replaced now.

Hiring an experienced and respected PoHO who can act as interim GM while he does an extensive search for a long term GM and making Shaw interim coach so the new GM can hire their coaches and evaluate their roster is the most well thought out and in actual fact “patient” approach Aquilini can take.

39 minutes ago, Nave said:

It’s not desperate at all it’s very well deserved and long over due. 

his coach 

100% his team 

hes has failed to deliver on almost every hes said since arriving here

If Resigning Green wasn’t the final nail in jbs coffin letting developed young prospects go for free in favour of absolutely terrible AHLers that have done nothing should be. 

I just don’t get why there’s such a love affair with a guy that’s been a total disaster since day one. please Don’t say drafting - Craig buttons draft list since 2014 has been every bit as good as JBs picks some better some worse. 
JBs is so over rated here and for no good reason. 8 years of garbage is plenty long enough. 

21 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Also look at the pk he built. It was awful looking at it. Not playoff caliber at all. That is also on Benning. Plenty of evidence to support that Motte and Sutter are always injured and can’t be relied on. Yet he ignores it and doesn’t bring in extra bodies to help in that area. He loves to go shop at the bottom of the barrel and take the leftovers.

thats because he's had theteam in cap hell (self created 

21 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Also look at the pk he built. It was awful looking at it. Not playoff caliber at all. That is also on Benning. Plenty of evidence to support that Motte and Sutter are always injured and can’t be relied on. Yet he ignores it and doesn’t bring in extra bodies to help in that area. He loves to go shop at the bottom of the barrel and take the leftovers.

That's because he's been in Cap Hell for his entire 8 years

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Firing Benning is the least desperate move next to firing the coaching. 

If Aquilini wants to restore some semblance of hope within the fan base and player group, both management and coaching should be replaced now.

Hiring an experienced and respected PoHO who can act as interim GM while he does an extensive search for a long term GM and making Shaw interim coach so the new GM can hire their coaches and evaluate their roster is the most well thought out and in actual fact “patient” approach Aquilini can take.

Watch keeping Green will lead to Benning getting his marching orders along with Green in the end. If Benning has at least half a brain he would convince Aqua for a new coach and hope team plays better.

Seriously Benning has too much loyalty for this Green l****.