The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIRE Jim Benning & Travis Green Thread

Rate this topic

Sanford

i get the feeling that the rival Flames like Benning:

Markstrom and Tanev walked in the front door as UFAs.  Tanev playing shutdown role and Markstrom leading league in shut outs.

Tkachuk - dont need to say much.  

Andersson, young RHD playing top 4 minutes- the second rounder that was traded to the flames for Baertschi

Yeah im partly joking, but at the same time its frustrating to see.

• Cheers 3
  • Sad 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:03 PM, thundernuts said:

Anyone know what Dale Tallon is doing these days?  It'd be cool to bring back our first ever draft pick to try and get us out of this mess.

His name is one I have heard people suggest as a potential option for team president.

Personally I think Tallon has a good hockey mind but would best suited for a consultant role or "president of hockey operations" as opposed to team president much like Brian Burke was a few years back with the Flames.

All in all the intent would be to help get the right staff in place to help this team succeed.

Edited by GB5

The defenders are getting desperate 

- fear change

- new gm will blow it up 

- it’s not JBs fault lol that’s ones hilarious. 
remember the  give them 20 games now it’s give him 2 more years. 

- rebuild really only started 2 years ago 

acceptance of failure Followed by pathetic excuses. 

mandatory requirements to be in the JB fan club.

He’s even failed to

make the team a fringe wildcard team which has been his mission statement since the day he was hired. 

B62E050D-284D-43E0-9FA7-178377DF883C.png.5ae1626b2f3bc61371545679ba7caed9.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, GB5 said:

His name is one I have heard people suggest as a potential option for team president.

Personally I think Tallon has a good hockey mind but would best suited for a consultant role or "president of hockey operations" as opposed to team president much like Brian Burke was a few years back with the Flames.

All in all the intent would be to help get the right staff in place to help this team succeed.

Personally I'd like to bring in an over all person or company that specializes in analysing management system. However,  however if Aquaman is n't going to listen or pay heed what would b the point.

The name that keeps thrown around is Mike Forde

Over the past four years Mike has built a powerhouse business consulting around building high performance teams and ‘Talent Factories’ for over 30 professional teams across five global sports. Through his extensive work Mike has created a clear methodology around building high performance environments and leading talent that is repeatable and scalable for teams and companies anywhere to take their organizations to  the next level.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, combover said:

- fear change

- new gm will blow it up 

He’s even failed to

make the team a fringe wildcard team which has been his mission statement since the day he was hired. 

He forgot to say turn around in even a more negative way :mellow:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

As soon as Green is fired. I'll resurrect the Thank You Aquilini thread haha

Seriously tho. This is approaching Melnyk levels of farce now 

I don’t get it. So what if ownership loses on two years of the coaching contract. They stand to lose way more in ticket and merchandise sales! :picard:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t get it. So what if ownership loses on two years of the coaching contract. They stand to lose way more in ticket and merchandise sales! :picard:

oh i'm sure all the bad contracts that we ended up buying out firing WD firing torts are all adding up for aquaman a good chunk of the seats are bought out by corporate season ticket holder anyways so he doesn't care

On 11/23/2021 at 5:04 PM, DeNiro said:

I’d like them to take a look at Tom Renney in a President role if they can’t get someone like Rutherford.

Seems like he has the perfect personality and resume to take on that role. Well respected around the league and could probably bring in a top notch GM and coach.

Rutherford is a joke of a GM. I'd rather keep Benning than get that old codger

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

9 hours ago, Darius said:

i get the feeling that the rival Flames like Benning:

Markstrom and Tanev walked in the front door as UFAs.  Tanev playing shutdown role and Markstrom leading league in shut outs.

Tkachuk - dont need to say much.  

Andersson, young RHD playing top 4 minutes- the second rounder that was traded to the flames for Baertschi

Yeah im partly joking, but at the same time its frustrating to see.

Yes, at this rate, they've fully taken the sweater off our backs and put the orcas on themselves.  

It is interesting to think about where this team would be if we still had Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli.  Tanev especially.  Whether it's actually them not on the team or the current team's character since, it's also interesting that their departures seem to have been the inflection point for this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

If this is true, I will give JB more slack.  Pretty odd situation.

Why JB just committed Xmill  per season for two season to green. 
Would you be ok letting the guy that just hired a guy fire the same guy that you now have to pay for another 1.5 years not to work for you. 
I wouldn’t be but then again I would have fired the idiot who hired him. Or give him the option  to stay but has to pay the guy he hired and 4 months later fired. 

#firejb

#firegreen 

#selltheteam

6 hours ago, combover said:

- fear change

- new gm will blow it up 

He’s even failed to

The turnaround. See if you can spot where JB took over…..

trainwreck GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

Tweet on the #canucks feed....

"Blake Price says there has been very preliminary contact made with somebody by #canucksNHLTeam_2021_Canucks.png ownership. They expected to hear a flat no but they didn’t. Price is working on a name."

That name? MIKE GILLIS.

Sad.

What did everyone else say no?

21 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Love me some Gillis :emot-parrot:

There's one obstacle, Gillis is too intelligent for the average fan and ditto FA. People feel it's arrogance but the fact is he just doesn't suffer doesn't fools easy  :)

Edited by Fred65

44 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The turnaround. See if you can spot where JB took over…..

trainwreck GIF

Did you think that during the bubble playoffs?  For sure goaltending was relied upon but the team looked to finally turn the corner.  The last 12 months has been the most defining point for JB's future.

3 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

Tweet on the #canucks feed....

"Blake Price says there has been very preliminary contact made with somebody by #canucksNHLTeam_2021_Canucks.png ownership. They expected to hear a flat no but they didn’t. Price is working on a name."

That name? MIKE GILLIS.

Blah!  Not a fan of the Gillis era.  He struggled to do trades with other GMs.  Lots of speculation about that as he was hired given his background as a player agent.  People here hate the idea of JB giving away draft picks, but the Gillis era draft record was very poor.  The cupboards were bare when Gillis departed.

This isn't to say JB would be better, but I personally do not want to see Gillis back.  

The people I miss the most is AV, Bieksa, Sedins, Burrows.....and Kesler in some respect (but not others).  Accountability was alive then.

• Thanks 2