The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

It's honestly embarassing how Baumer & King have jobs with our organization. They were barely NHL players, yet somehow our franchise decides to lend out a helping hand to these two plugs. Like seriously, how were there no better options?

200 career NHL games between the two of them. That would be like if we hired Brad Hunt & Jayson Megna to be assistant coaches in 10 years. Just not qualified.

It's not that they couldn't play in the NHL, it's the lack of prior assistant coaching experience at the highest level; bringing up an entire staff of AHL coaches other than Shaw is not going to work well, especially when they do nothing to earn the respect of the players.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, J-P said:

Regardless of rumours JT is a frustrating player. Sometimes brilliant and physical but always inconsistent and with 3 giveaways for every good play.

When Hogs lost his balance at the Vegas blue line he made every effort to sweep the puck away to avoid a counter attack. When Miller lost his balance in the same position he just gave up on the play and Vegas scored. (Think it was the 5-4 or 6-4 goal in the third, so not a good time to quit playing...)

That part is true too unfortunately.

But I that’s an exacerbation of frustration for overcompensating (and messing up) for a good portion of the team that is often underperforming.  Frustration doesn’t make him a quitter. I think too much reliance on him to play above everyone else is affecting him though. 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So you're okay with the team staying status quo? Why?

You know how things slide out of being status quo?

By getting better.

Or worse.

People assume we'll just "get better" if we get worse.  It may not happen that way.  Sometimes patience is required...other times, not.  

My point is that none of us know how this will play out...and winning gives us as much of a chance of coming out of this funk as losing does.  More so, actually.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I remember when Carolina won the cup in 06? Brind amour screaming Eff Yeah raising the cup and it was so audible on CBC. It was awesome 

That Canes team got away with murder.  I forgot the name of the player, but he took out the eye of the Habs leader & Captain in their playoff series among other questionable moves.  No suspension.  Meanwhile, Rome throws a legal hit less than a second late & is out for the rest of the Finals.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

You know how things slide out of being status quo?

By getting better.

Or worse.

People assume we'll just "get better" if we get worse.  It may not happen that way.  Sometimes patience is required...other times, not.  

My point is that none of us know how this will play out...and winning gives us as much of a chance of coming out of this funk as losing does.  More so, actually.

The thing is that there's been nothing to indicate that this team is capable of getting significantly better as it currently sits. The special teams, for example, were terrible to start the season, and they're still terrible. The coaches and the players have been given ample time to figure out and address the problems, and yet they've failed to do so, which tells me that they're not capable of fixing the issues.

It's time to bring in people who can.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That Canes team got away with murder.  I forgot the name of the player, but he took out the eye of the Habs leader & Captain in their playoff series among other questionable moves.  No suspension.  Meanwhile, Rome throws a legal hit less than a second late & is out for the rest of the Finals.

I don’t really remember much of it other then what I mentioned. Doesn’t surprise me though. Seems like Canada can never have a cup again 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t really remember much of it other then what I mentioned. Doesn’t surprise me though. Seems like Canada can never have a cup again 

If we can’t get the Cup then screw the other Canadian teams.  Cheer for the teams with fewest fans.  If we can’t win then go Tampa, Florida, and Carolina!  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

If we can’t get the Cup then screw the other Canadian teams.  Cheer for the teams with fewest fans.  If we can’t win then go Tampa, Florida, and Carolina!  

I really like Florida. Screw Tampa though haha 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

My biggest concern is the PK. We are rock bottom in the NHL having given up 18 ppg and have a miserable 63% kill. This is not about having great players on the PK it's about having a system that works. The Hawks are 4th in the stats with a 87.5% kill and only 6 ppg given up, if anything their team is worse than ours. Those extra 12 goals that we have given up could well have been the difference between winning and losing. The top team in the PK stats is the Sharks and they are not a great team by any means. How about the coaches watch some videos of the Sharks games and find out what they are doing right that we are doing wrong?

The only alternative is to stay out of the box, but with refs calling the slightest contact as hooking or slashing, that is really difficult.

• Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I don't run the team and neither do all you folks who think you could do a better job.

I love the Canucks; always have.

You love listening to yourself moan.

Endy Story.

I love the Canucks too, which is why I think they deserve a better future, and if a loss tonight helps secure that future, so be it. I want what's best for the team now and going forward. This is bigger than the outcome of one game, and no amount of paper bags is going to change that.

• RoughGame 1

18 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

The team needs to all start playing mad. Stop sulking around and punch someone in the mouth. Run the goalie. Stick Getz in the balls. Show some f*cken life. PLAY PISSED OFF. Let's f*cken go !!!!!

This is the way.

Get mad.

Don't care at what.

Just get really (expletive-ing) mad.

And come out smokin!

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

You would be making progress on the toxic environment in the locker room if Hirsch is actually right, and the rumors are correct about Miller being the issue. 

And re-enforcing the identity of the Canucks as a team that values warm soft feelings over performance.  Turn the other cheek....let the league police the on ice stuff ...group hugs and friendship is more important than winning.  Ffs, this is a professional hockey league.  The product on the ice is what matters. Never been on a team where there wasn't some guys that didn't like eachother. As long as they play for each other on the ice, it doesn't matter if they don't spend Christmas together. Vancouver is notorious for all that kumbaya bull$&!# at the price of playing real hockey.  Time for this group to man up and be a team of  professionals.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2