The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You know this?  The latest trend tells me the Ducks will score 7. Just have to hope the Canucks can score 8.  If only they had a young superstar in the Top 6 who could take over a game. I can see Podkolzin being this player one day. 

Hey, if we let in another touchdown we should be waking up to the news of Canucks Management (both GM/AGM) & Coach have both been relieved of their duties. Shaw takes over in an interim basis while the team searches for a new GM who will then conduct his own search to fill his managerial team and coaching staff.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

If rumours are true.

But we have nothing to base them on, except media types who like to keep talking and producing  "stories" of interest.   Don't believe all that they're selling.

I wouldn't say Corey Hirsch falls into that category. He sounded extremely passionate about how as an alum this current incarnation of the Canucks is very disturbing. He's a fan and loves this team as much as we do.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Believe me, I never wanted to be one of those people that cheered for a loss, but at this point there's no reason to think things will change significantly if everything remains status quo. If Green and Co cobble together a few wins and somehow hobble to the end of the season with a .500 record, that doesn't help anything. I also wish it didn't have to come down to being humiliated in order for either management or ownership to pull the trigger, but that's just how things work in this league. 

The night is darkest just before the dawn.

It's already after 1pm.

Dawn was hours ago.

Light up your life.

Cheer for a win.

(No, I don't believe you never wanted to be one of those people that cheered for a loss.)

Just now, Fan since 82 said:

I wouldn't say Corey Hirsch falls into that category. He sounded extremely passionate about how as an alum this current incarnation of the Canucks is very disturbing. He's a fan and loves this team as much as we do.

And if he does have access to the room, he should keep his mouth shut about it.  That’s loser stuff.  Fire Hirsch!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Google it; there's a picture of your classmates.

I know what it means. Do you?

I was all for your perspective and it being positive, but it’s not really, is it?

it’s antagonistic, ignorant, authoritarian…blindly narcissistic.

oh and totally complacent…just like how the team is performing. 

its cool with me if that’s acceptable to you. I’m a real fan, have been so for decades. Have not missed one game in that time. I would pay to watch our out of market games. I have purchased countless merch. Gone on road trips to Cali to follow and root for this team, win or lose, regardless of their respective record. I’ve had very close family friends play on this team over the years and been part of the training staff. I could go on but I won’t. 

I’ll just tell you this much. If you can’t handle other’s opinions then politely F off. If negativity or conflicting opinions are upsetting to you…then maybe you’re in the wrong place here, no?
No offense, but your “positivity” seems like self-serving bull$hit to me when you keep *trying* to negate other people. And for what reason…are you weak-minded? Are you possessive? Are you trying to determine your own self-worth or loyalty because you’re unwilling to accept that there even MAY be problems? Sounds like you’re kinda stuck in a bubble? (Hah, get it?!?)

You came to the board to participate in a real discussion. If you can’t handle that or respect, value, contemplate others’ perspective, then why are you here?

Seems dubious. FAKE.

Again, I am a real fan. Have been my whole life. And yeah, I can question the team if I want to. Doesn’t make me any less. And I still respect your desire to see this team succeed. But guess what bud, it’s OUR team. Not just yours. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

If we aren’t able to turn this ship around we have to consider the possibility of Horvat and Miller walking in FA in 2023(after next season). Both guys are in their prime and it will be their 1st go at FA and last go at a big contract. To lose them for nothing would set us back years. 

IMO we have to see how this core does with a new coach ASAP. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

And if he does have access to the room, he should keep his mouth shut about it.  That’s loser stuff.  Fire Hirsch!

Right ok Alfie. Let's just keep perpetuating the culture of silence. He's not giving details, but he's letting us know that there are issues here that need to be dealt with. Part of his job is to report and offer opinions as an expert with insight as someone who's played the game. You might be one of the biggest homers here, but I think CH is as much of a fan as you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I know what it means. Do you?

I was all for your perspective and it being positive, but it’s not really, is it?

it’s antagonistic, ignorant, authoritarian…blindly narcissistic.

oh and totally complacent…just like how the team is performing. 

its cool with me if that’s acceptable to you. I’m a real fan, have been so for decades. Have not missed one game in that time. I would pay to watch our out of market games. I have purchased countless merch. Gone on road trips to Cali to follow and root for this team, win or lose, regardless of their respective record. I’ve had very close family friends play on this team over the years and been part of the training staff. I could go on but I won’t. 

I’ll just tell you this much. If you can’t handle other’s opinions then politely F off. If negativity or conflicting opinions are upsetting to you…then maybe you’re in the wrong place here, no?
No offense, but your “positivity” seems like self-serving bull$hit to me when you keep *trying* to negate other people. And for what reason…are you weak-minded? Are you possessive? Are you trying to determine your own self-worth or loyalty because you’re unwilling to accept that there even MAY be problems? Sounds like you’re kinda stuck in a bubble? (Hah, get it?!?)

You came to the board to participate in a real discussion. If you can’t handle that or respect, value, contemplate others’ perspective, then why are you here?

Seems dubious. FAKE.

Again, I am a real fan. Have been my whole life. And yeah, I can question the team if I want to. Doesn’t make me any less. And I still respect your desire to see this team succeed. But guess what bud, it’s OUR team. Not just yours. 

Alrighty then.

Go Canucks Go!

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we aren’t able to turn this ship around we have to consider the possibility of Horvat and Miller walking in FA in 2023(after next season). Both guys are in their prime and it will be their 1st go at FA and last go at a big contract. To lose them for nothing would set us back years. 

IMO we have to see how this core does with a new coach ASAP. 

I could see Bo walking away from this $&!# show if nothing changes. I wouldn't blame him.

Edited by rekker
  • Vintage 1

With all that nonsense out of the way, let's get back to cheering the Canucks today (at least, ok, satisfied?).

I hope the team comes out with the same attitude, desire, plan, whatever, as they did last game.

Finish your checks boys, and, as always, 'Keep your head up!'

Get the first goal.

Then, all the rest.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1