The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

18 minutes ago, Beefcake said:

Is this the Jim Benning and Travis Green fairwell party tonight ?

Hopefully fans show up at the airport to run Green out of town if he's allowed to fly back.  Ship that loser's personal items to him and don't let him ever set foot in our dressing room again.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Better than Sakic?  Maybe in terms of pure skill, but Sakic was an incredible player.  One of the 20 best to ever play.  

Forsberg was nuts, but I'm not even sure I'd give him pure skill over Sakic. Sakic was something else. 

Watching Gadj lock horns with Lowry leaves a hole in the soul. Looking more like Green has trashed this team, removing the backbone.

Had wanted a team with that kid Gadj, big Nik & Big Mac. Tired of Cinderellas being pushed around. About a yr back, figured that was the plan? Thought we were finally goin with YOUTH?!?!!!

Might need a lengthy break from this clown-show..appears JB & TG have concocted a dog's breaky...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Will never forget how sakic played at the Olympics and world cups.  When everything was on the line, he was the guy you knew would deliver. 

Messier has the rep for being a "leader" but he had nothing on Sakic. Dude stepped up big when it counted, at every level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Foresberg was way better than Sakic.  He played the game tough and was skilled.  Much better and way more complete player.  Little Joe can suck an egg. 

Damn it Alf, they were both fantastic, and which one is better is a matter of opinion. 

Apples and oranges, depends on what you like in a player. 

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Watching Gadj lock horns with Lowry leaves a hole in the soul. Looking more like Green has trashed this team, removing the backbone.

Had wanted a team with that kid Gadj, big Nik & Big Mac. Tired of Cinderellas being pushed around. About a yr back, figured that was the plan? Thought we were finally goin with YOUTH?!?!!!

Might need a lengthy break from this clown-show..appears JB & TG have concocted a dog's breaky...

Gadj, Lammiko, Mack wouldve been a good 4th line this year.

ITT we discuss late 90's/early 2000's hockey legends 

Speaking of which, Iginla was really classy when asked about the Hart and Stanley cup earlier

I hate the Flames, but I could never hate him, he's everything I've ever wanted in a Canuck player 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Foresberg was way better than Sakic.  He played the game tough and was skilled.  Much better and way more complete player.  Little Joe can suck an egg. 

Well, to be fair...Joe was a 15th overall pick, while Sakic was a 6th. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We just have to be weary of the possibility if nothing changes. That way if we do need to do a soft rebuild we can move them out and get a good return. It would suck but losing them for nothing would suck on a whole other level.

IMO this is would be the final straw/last option though. Like I said a new coach definitely needs to be tried before we even consider this. Maybe closer to trade deadline we decide what direction we want to take this team which will be based off of what they're capable of till then.

If Green is canned and Shaw made interim, the absolute first thing FA (not Benning, FA) should do is hold court with the players and find out what each player wants out of the next coaching staff. What they see as a best fit.

I say FA should do that because he’s already a very involved owner, and if he wants to keep certain guys satisfied (like Bo - whom he wants to define the Canucks brand), he’s going to need straight up, unfiltered answers from the players themselves to determine and basically relay to the GM who or what to hire as an effective coaching staff. JB has had his run with it. FA has to protect his investment in the roster now. It’s a good one.

More importantly, when the guy who signs your paycheque is asking you directly what this team needs, that immediately then puts the responsibility onto the players to perform post coaching change. There is no more excuse at that point.

Right now, it seems as though everything has devolved into placing the majority of the problems on Green’s plate. I hear the players articulate post game, but hot air rises. Green’s taken his fair share of abuse, and rightfully so, but he’s also the scapegoat for some poor individual performances.

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 2