The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Depends on the player, but I'd still have to think about it for a good while. While he's not a perfect player, he's dynamic offensively and we need that from the back end. I'd prefer to bring in other players, or move someone out for a high end RD. 

For me it depends how much he improves defensively.  While he's not as bad as Rielly and Barrie, he does need to improve if he's going to be a player you win with.  I'd prefer not to be icing a D that needs babysitting at all.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well I did say I was gonna take a break from watching - but like the sucker for punishment I am I'm here again.  At least the 5pm start means that my entire evening isn't ruined by another gutless performance of spoilt millionaires being officiated by the braindead lackies of a corrupt and dirty league.

How long before Motte is skating on the top line ?! 

If Tyler Motte is skating on the Vancouver Canucks non-existent "top line", that's indicative of a problem. I was listening to the boys in the studio on 650 last week actually say with a straight face that the Canucks - Horvat's line, in particular after a strong showing by Garland and Pods - have "enough". I'm still scratching my head as to what they have "enough" of, and for what, exactly. No one on this team outside of Miller is even remotely close to resembling an NHL top line forward. Unfortunately, that also includes Bo Horvat. 

I've never been high on Motte, and, have never seen him as a long-term top-6 contributor. In fact, the addition of Garland - although a RW - is quickly making him obsolete with this team as a bottom-6 forward. Without putting on my full armchair GM gear, I'd love to see this team balance out its typical roster heavy-handed with LH shooters, and add a legitimate RH shot at C, regardless which line. If this team has "enough" of anything, it's LH shooters to use as trade bait to acquire one. Never any shortage of those in Vancouver. 

7 minutes ago, b3. said:

The MacEwan move was justified imo - he played like trash in pre-season and got out played. Gadjovich made him expendable. JG is younger, more skilled, bigger and was playing well in pre-season with limited minutes. The decision to waive him was a wtf were you thinking moment.... and here we are.

• Cheers 1