The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Nov 17 | 6 PM PT | Apathy Edition

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Uh....you put in way more effort than they have. Thank you, Roger.

I've always tried to look on the team in a positive light but after the 1st period against the Avs I stopped watching for the first time in 30 years. I watched the Demko penalty on Saturday and turned it off in disgust.

Bad team, bad special teams and shi* reffing has zapped the fun out of the game.

I feel bad for the few guys who are putting in 100% every game while guys like Horvat, Petey and to a lesser degree Brock skate around like they are mentally checked out.

One thing I will say is missing Poolman, Hamonic and Schenn played a huge role and I hope I never see Hunt, Burroughs or Bowey play another game, they fu**in suck. Bailey and Chiasson as well.

I haven't been on team fire TG but at the same time a few more losses and continued shi* play from the young core then he has to go, the situation will just be to toxic.

If he does get fired I hope they hire Babs, people rag on him but he has a good system, holds players accountable and has a wealth of experience.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya I went watched a whitecaps game for the first time too.. it was very fun..

Definitely will be going to more games … 25 to 30 of our group of friends went together and everyone I’ve talked to wants to go again.. 

it’s a fun night going to a Whitecap's game 

And good entertainment value. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I've always tried to look on the team in a positive light but after the 1st period against the Avs I stopped watching for the first time in 30 years. I watched the Demko penalty on Saturday and turned it off in disgust.

Bad team, bad special teams and shi* reffing has zapped the fun out of the game.

I feel bad for the few guys who are putting in 100% every game while guys like Horvat, Petey and to a lesser degree Brock skate around like they are mentally checked out.

One thing I will say is missing Poolman, Hamonic and Schenn played a huge role and I hope I never see Hunt, Burroughs or Bowey play another game, they fu**in suck. Bailey and Chiasson as well.

I haven't been on team fire TG but at the same time a few more losses and continued shi* play from the young core then he has to go, the situation will just be to toxic.

If he does get fired I hope they hire Babs, people rag on him but he has a good system, holds players accountable and has a wealth of experience.

Bourroughs is okay when protected as the #6. But when forced into 2nd pairing minutes with Bower and Hunt behind him things are not good. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Honestly don’t care about the Hughes Makar comparisons. 2 players 2 completely different teams 

One is vastly overrated and one plays for the Canucks. Quinn will never get respect despite the obvious improvements on defense while being a ppg on a team that struggles to score 3 goals a game. Imagine if the team was playing at the level they are capable of especially on the pp, he would be well over a ppg.

There's a poll on HF asking who people think is top 10 in D and people have guys like Seider , Drysdale and Chabot, ahead of him, it's pathetic the disrespect he gets because of the market he plays in.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

WOW!!!!!!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has NOT, I repeat, has NOT been relieved of coaching duties.

Stay tuned for further updates from Reality Control....

:)

More like breaking wind 

• Haha 2