The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ITS TIME FOR THE CANUCKS TO GET TOUGHER AT THEIR GAME

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

I  really think thats what is missing..they need that guy who will bully his way thru the opponents players..i really think when the canucks mix things up they play better and it changes the game in their favour..now the hard part is to find that player..it takes time to develop i think..you dont just get a goon ..special player...that aggressive bieska style d man too is missing  i know burroughs has been ok but need more skill and toughness  backend...need a skilled forward that crashes and bangs like they had him but now with oilers....bit of bonehead but ya that style but good hockey i q like the gut that came from columbus jackets..he retired and the canucks were just starting to form i think that was start of this mix up team...doresett i think his name was...ok Canuck management get on it..

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

the two waived had heart and soul but not the type of players im looking for...has to be more skilled but tough at their game and intimidating..

Gadj was a worthy tweener prospect and has more toughness then anyone in our lineup probably.   At least he drops the gloves.   Plus he made AHL goalies lived miserable last year.   He came to camp to make the team - and f!cking did!   Then was waived - TG " we expected Jonah to play games with us this year" .... he admitted he was good enough.   They were stupid as f!ck to let a guy like that go.   Then Zack too...we are soft as a wet noodle now.   Burroughs at least has some moxy i suppose.    Third game in San Jose, one of their guys took a hard but clean hit - right away Gadj dropped the gloves and sent a message.    But we aren't allowed good things.   I'm absolutely sick and tired of the "new NHL".    These throwback guys are f!cking hard to find.   Used to be EVERY single fringe player, even if they were 5'6 and -150lbs would drop the gloves to make the show.   Now?  Players hold hands and sing cumbieyah when someone gets hit hard.   At least QHs broke his stick.   Players need to stand up for themselves and each other - it inspires.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, ABNucksfan said:

The team is holding back… didn’t you get the memo (this is a stealth tank)

#stealthtank

Seems like an accidental tank to me.   Wonder what Linden said to Aquaman.   If the suppositions are true and it was that we need to wait a little longer and be patient a little longer.    Then he should be calling Linden now, begging him to forgive him, and to come back and save our asses.    Team needs a President.   JB shouldn't be in regular constant communication with the owner - that's the Presidents job.    The team needs to start there if they are willing to just let this season slide.   If they aren't then find a decent interim coach now.    JB absolutely needs to make a trade for a LHD that can actually kill a freaking penalty.    And Bomber he's got to go posthaste.

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 3

7 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

the two waived had heart and soul but not the type of players im looking for...has to be more skilled but tough at their game and intimidating..

True... but at least one had the potential to become a better player.

But yes Pee Wee Canucks aren't going to intimidate anyone. 

Honestly it just feels like hockey as a game has changed so much in the last 10 years. The whole NHL is trending in the direction of eliminating hits, fighting etc. They are working hard to make sure people don't notice. When you look at the game stats you see lots of hits because they have lowered the bar on what's considered a hit.

As teams trend in this direction not all are at the same place in the spectrum. The Canucks seem to be one of the teams leading the way in reducing physical play, while other teams still hold on to physicality as a component of their team.

Benning and Green have clearly made the gamble that speed and skill outweigh physicality. Even guys like Chaisson and Bailey who played hard in the past arent anymore.

There's individual toughness and team toughness. Canucks aren't built to be individually tough and they aren't coached to be team tough.

Adding a guy like Clifford is a waste because Green won't play him. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Gadj was a worthy tweener prospect and has more toughness then anyone in our lineup probably.   At least he drops the gloves.   Plus he made AHL goalies lived miserable last year.   He came to camp to make the team - and f!cking did!   Then was waived - TG " we expected Jonah to play games with us this year" .... he admitted he was good enough.   They were stupid as f!ck to let a guy like that go.   Then Zack too...we are soft as a wet noodle now.   Burroughs at least has some moxy i suppose.    Third game in San Jose, one of their guys took a hard but clean hit - right away Gadj dropped the gloves and sent a message.    But we aren't allowed good things.   I'm absolutely sick and tired of the "new NHL".    These throwback guys are f!cking hard to find.   Used to be EVERY single fringe player, even if they were 5'6 and -150lbs would drop the gloves to make the show.   Now?  Players hold hands and sing cumbieyah when someone gets against the wall hit hard.   At least QHs broke his stick.   Players need to stand up for themselves and each other - it inspires.    

Spot on... even the players them selves have had enough. Seeing a Smurf like QH skating 3/4 length of the ice to cross check a player is a f'ing joke, but if every time you try something gets stapled against the wall, and nobody cares, this is what happens. Boy actually showed more guts than half the team...

Pathetic and lethargic... Won't be long before he gets cooked, and the entire team goes down the drain with him. No wonder morale looked so low on the away trip.

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

2-5-1 this month, and one of the wins had to be won in OT.  It's getting ugly.

The Aqualinis must really like owning a crappy team.  They're making money though so maybe they don't care that much how bad they are.

Imagine before the season starting, thinking the Canucks will not only make the playoffs, but maybe do some damage - to this.  They're practically already out in mid-November.   What a joke. 

23 hours ago, alucard said:

ITS TIME FOR THE CANUCKS TO GET TOUGHER AT THEIR GAME?

I have heard that since 2011 every season,

Also,what trade chips canucks are left with?

We have in this order of magnitude the following trade chips:

QHs, EP (should be reversed but that's on EP), Horvat, BB, Miller,  Garland, Hogs and Podz....  then a bunch of little stuff.   Didn't include Demko because that's a total tank move.   Loved what Lou said about getting Mathews.  "We tried really hard to be the worst team in the league"....something the Canucks under Aqua and JB never really did. 

3 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

THAT HIT ON QUINN WAS A PENALTY...I WOULD HAVE SMASHED MY STICK ON A GUY TOO..DONT CARE ABOUT THE TIMING..SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE INSTIGATED A FIGHT WITH GIRARD...THATS TEAN TOUGHNESS..YOU CANT LET THAT HAPPEN..

Oh good. The all caps lock posts are back.  Btw. That loss was 100% on Hughes.  He took a selfish penalty at a crucial time knowing full well how badly the pk is struggling. 

59 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We have in this order of magnitude the following trade chips:

QHs, EP (should be reversed but that's on EP), Horvat, BB, Miller,  Garland, Hogs and Podz....  then a bunch of little stuff.   Didn't include Demko because that's a total tank move.   Loved what Lou said about getting Mathews.  "We tried really hard to be the worst team in the league"....something the Canucks under Aqua and JB never really did. 

That Leaf’s tank for Matthews is interesting.  Are the Habs tanking for Wright?  Why play guys like Caufield and Romanov unless they’re tanking.