The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

Friedman reporting that factions are developing in the organization amongst the turmoil. Individuals are aligning with whomever they deem to be safe from getting the axe.  

So it seems that the Horvat/Miller thing is somewhat true, or at least there is smoke there.

This situation overall (not just Horvat/Miller) could've been avoided by firing Green. He hasn't produced in this league as a coach, and he got a 2 year extension, same as the Colorado coach who has been pushing them to be a playoff team.

Green has obviously staled on this team. Aqua is not providing the leadership when the team needs it.

It's kind of ironic. We want Aqua to step in when a situation like this happens. But at the same time, we complain about him meddling with the team.

Is Benning the problem, or is it Green? Benning is going all-in with Green, so if that's the case, he shouldn't be a GM again because he can't hire the right coach. On the other hand, if Benning is stuck with Green, perhaps Benning should just resign. Not gonna happen. Either way, Green is a horrendous coach.

• Thanks 1

Just now, captainhorvat said:

152463B1-3B19-4815-8E4D-24BE546473E1.jpeg.09df46c58b97662a9949b769341e381a.jpeg

they can’t be serious…

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Why should one subject themselves to see the trainwreck in person?

Canucks should be paying people to watch this garbage. The players themselves are doing their best under terrible management. Benning did what he could this offseason and it's all messed up because of Green's limited/terrible coaching skills, while supported by some awful, inexperienced coaches.

20 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's kind of ironic. We want Aqua to step in when a situation like this happens. But at the same time, we complain about him meddling with the team.

Is Benning the problem, or is it Green? Benning is going all-in with Green, so if that's the case, he shouldn't be a GM again because he can't hire the right coach. On the other hand, if Benning is stuck with Green, perhaps Benning should just resign. Not gonna happen. Either way, Green is a horrendous coach.

Can't hire the right coach, can't manage the cap, and is wasteful of assets. Both should be gone.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

16 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

Canucks need to have a remaining record of 38-18-7 to end up with 96 points, which should be a playoff spot. ooooo boy.

Sobering. Season is barely started and we are out. Pitiful. Get ready for the year end win streak to mess up the lottery pick odds. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

Sobering. Season is barely started and we are out. Pitiful. Get ready for the year end win streak to mess up the lottery pick odds. 

i used to make fun of the oilers being out of it by end of November every year, yet here we are.  I wonder if we will follow the same trajectory as the oilers where they traded core players to rebuild the rebuild.  

34 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

152463B1-3B19-4815-8E4D-24BE546473E1.jpeg.09df46c58b97662a9949b769341e381a.jpeg

they can’t be serious…

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

If I was a Millionaire and retired I would go to every game! Am I taking my back breaking money from working to go with the state of the team, hell no! Daddy needs a new flat screen TV...but they are so many to choose from and I don't wanna pay $2000 so maybe staying with the ancient 46'' lcd I have?

42 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

That's where I'm at too.  Either way, Benning has to go as well now since he's contributing to Green staying.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

To me it's a situation where Aqua has meddled his way into this mess, now he needs to fix the problem and hire people who are not "yes men", who he can trust to run the team w/o his involvement. Aka.. he needs to meddle a bit more to find the people who can make him stop meddling. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

To me it's a situation where Aqua has meddled his way into this mess, now he needs to fix the problem and hire people who are not "yes men", who he can trust to run the team w/o his involvement. Aka.. he needs to meddle a bit more to find the people who can make him stop meddling. 

maybe what Aqua needs to do is let his brother do the hiring this time

7 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

B I N G O!!!

but that will cost him Millions and he doesn't like that idea, so instead we waste another year of our roster getting older, closer to FA or wanting out instead!?!?  That seems like a stupid choice to me!