The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

9 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

We might be winning too much to sell this year. I wonder if JR would still make a deal if we keep winning. Kind of like the Nashville rumours of shopping Forsberg while being the 5th seed.

Depends on what happens in front, all we've been doing is keeping pace 

Nights like tonight just make it more likely someone will bite, and that Miller's contract ask goes up

We aren't catching Calgary or Vegas, they've too big a lead, and LA and Dallas just continue to grab points

Edited by Coconuts

Miller has absolutely dominated this game.  Critical, big game event.  Shattering the Flames hopes for an 11th straight, franchise record; win

He's a big game player obviously.

I can't believe the bs offers thrown about for him, but at this point.  He might as well stay a Canuck.  Because after tonight we'll be 5 points out fo 3rd in our division and 8 points out of the wild card spot.

While still a near statistical impossibility to even sniff the playoffs, every win against a divisional opponent is a massive climb up the standings.  Making Miller more important to us than any of these pathetic offers.  Even if ONLY in entertainment value by clawing our way to the middle

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Miller has absolutely dominated this game.  Critical, big game event.  Shattering the Flames hopes for an 11th straight, franchise record; win

I can't believe the bs offers thrown about for him, but at this point.  He might as well stay a Canuck.  Because after tonight we'll be 5 points out fo 3rd in our division and 8 points out of the wild card spot.

While still a near statistical impossibility to even sniff the playoffs, every win against a divisional opponent is a massive climb up the standings.  Making Miller more important to us than any of these pathetic offers.  Even if ONLY in entertainment value by clawing our way to the middle

What am I missing… I thought we were 3 points out if we win tonight? 

42 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And if the offers aren't pathetic? Deadline is still just under a month away, we're unlikely to have gotten anyone's best offer yet. 

If LA wins tomorrow night we're right back to square one, keeping pace. And they play Anaheim, one team we're chasing is guaranteed two points. Vegas plays Arizona too, you may as well hand them the two points now. If all we can do is keep pace it won't matter because we're running out of games left to play. Dallas and Nashville continue to grab points as well, making the wildcard chase just as tough as the divisional one. 

Teams in front of us aren't going to win every game, but neither are we. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

What am I missing… I thought we were 3 points out if we win tonight? 

Was looking at the numbers.  Tonight's win 8 points out of wild card and appears 5 points out if the division.  Might be 3?  I might have missed the math but looked like 5 still.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Was looking at the numbers.  Tonight's win 8 points out of wild card and appears 5 points out if the division.  Might be 3?  I might have missed the math but looked like 5 still.

With a win tonight we're five back of LA, but they've got two games in hand on us 

45 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

After tonight... the trade value has jumped even more.

I personally don’t think he’s going to get traded now. 

Asking price might just be too high for any team to pay. Even with his performance tonight. I can’t see any team giving up what Canucks management is asking for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1