The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t matter, our price has gone up.

Lafreniere, Schneider, and a 1st.

Take that Chytil, Lundqvist, and a 1st and shove it.

More like Kakko, Schneider, and a 1st. But you never know. I think there's a chance they'd do that, Kakko hasn't exactly kicked any doors down. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not enough.

The Canucks don’t HAVE. to trade Miller, and they’re insanely better with him than without him.

VAN

Lafrenière

Schneider

1st ‘22

1st ‘23 or Chytil or Lundqvist or Kravtsov

Less than that is a loss.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Not enough.

The Canucks don’t HAVE. to trade Miller, and they’re insanely better with him than without him.

VAN

Lafrenière

Schneider

1st ‘22

1st ‘23 or Chytil or Lundqvist or Kravtsov

Less than that is a loss.

So the equivalent of four 1st round picks including a recent 1OA?

Millers good but he ain’t fetching that. Maybe if he was 25 and was an upcoming RFA.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't be so sure, a lot of that depends on what the teams around us do. Edmonton won tonight, LA continues to win and Calgary is likely out of reach. Anaheim and Vegas are still around. 

Minnesota and Nashville won last night, Dallas has been on a tear of late. If all we do is keep pace I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him go. 

Particularly if a team antes up. 

I highly doubt it. You can quote me on this if I'm wrong, but I doubt whether or not we move Miller is dependant on how the stretch of games before the deadline go. I'm willing to bet it's already decided that, barring an insane offer, Miller stays put 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I highly doubt it. You can quote me on this if I'm wrong, but I doubt whether or not we move Miller is dependant on how the stretch of games before the deadline go. I'm willing to bet it's already decided that, barring an insane offer, Miller stays put 

If you're wrong I won't be rubbing it in your face, or anyone's. I'll just be glad we've made what I think is the right move. 

I'm not so sure, because there's no way management doesn't know what Miller's looking for regarding an extension and I think it'll be too steep a price. We'll see. If he's not gone at the deadline I still don't see him being here by next training camp. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Rangers scout in attendance tonight as Miller pops off, I wouldn't be shocked if they upped the ante at all 

If Laf and Schneider aren’t involved then they can &^@# off. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If you're wrong I won't be rubbing it in your face, or anyone's. I'll just be glad we've made what I think is the right move. 

I'm not so sure, because there's no way management doesn't know what Miller's looking for regarding an extension and I think it'll be too steep a price. We'll see. If he's not gone at the deadline I still don't see him being here by next training camp. 

Shouldn't whether or not something is the right move be dependant on the type of return he would theoretically get?

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

If Laf and Schneider aren’t involved then they can &^@# off. 

I don't see them moving Laf, but I also don't see that as a problem.

Schneider, Kakko, and a 1st would be fine. If we move Miller out we've got Horvat and Pettersson as our top two center's, adding in Kakko on the wing would be a great move. 

Garland, Pettersson, Horvat, Kakko, Boeser, Hoglander, Pearson, and Podkolzin as top six options is fine. Good mix of vets and youth who should be taking steps forward over the next few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Shouldn't whether or not something is the right move be dependant on the type of return he would theoretically get?

Yes, but I think someone will pay up. If it doesn't happen at the deadline it could happen during the offseason when more teams will have cap flex to make a trade. Easier to shuffle your roster around to make room for someone during the offseason than the regular season. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yes, but I think someone will pay up. If it doesn't happen at the deadline it could happen during the offseason when more teams will have cap flex to make a trade. Easier to shuffle your roster around to make room for someone during the offseason than the regular season. 

If he does get moved, I think it will end up being at next year's deadline, and I don't think it will be for a package significantly less than the rumored Rags package a few weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't see them moving Laf, but I also don't see that as a problem.

Schneider, Kakko, and a 1st would be fine. If we move Miller out we've got Horvat and Pettersson as our top two center's, adding in Kakko on the wing would be a great move. 

Garland, Pettersson, Horvat, Kakko, Boeser, Hoglander, Pearson, and Podkolzin as top six options is fine. Good mix of vets and youth who should be taking steps forward over the next few seasons. 

As Alf would say, we don’t want Krappo.

You need three legit centres to win in this league. 

Only way I’m okay with moving Miller is only if Laf and Schneider are involved. We are a lottery team without Miller. Miller would not only lead the Rags in points but he would also be their best player. He’s one of the best players in the league rn. That type of value, you need Laf and Schneider, otherwise Rags can enjoy their 1st round exit.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I have a thought...

To Canucks

Chytil

Schneider

1st

To Rangers

Miller (50% retained) 

Poolman

Dickinson

Doesn't make sense for the Rags? TS.

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I have a thought...

To Canucks

Chytil

Schneider

1st

To Rangers

Miller (50% retained) 

Poolman

Dickinson

Doesn't make sense for the Rags? TS.

After tonight’s 4 point performance? 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Boudreau can't stop praising Miller - again tonight: "He's taking over as the catalyst and the leader. That's wonderful to see because you need it at this point in the season." (Sportsnet650 on twitter).  

Trading him is going to leave quite the void also in the room.  There's been a few comments by media that they are also looking to change the culture.  Could make them even more reluctant to trade Miller if they don't feel there's someone that can step in for him.

Satiar Shah a couple of months ago was saying that he hadn't realised how important Miller was in the room.  Players have been telling him that it's Miller that kept the group together when things were grim earlier in the season.  Culture is also important in trying to build a contender.  Not everything is always going to go their way and they need guys that can help them also get through the rough patches.  He might have a too valuable role there.

I wouldn't be surprised if their preferred approach is to try and sign him - might not be possible but would expect extension talks to happen before going the trade route.

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So the equivalent of four 1st round picks including a recent 1OA?

Millers good but he ain’t fetching that. Maybe if he was 25 and was an upcoming RFA.

Then keep Miller. It’s a real simple equation.