The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

48 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To be honest, as big of fan of Rathbone as I am, I question where he fits regardless of Lundkvist.

He's not going to get the offensive usage he needs to be successful, playing behind Hughes and OEL on the left side here. Like ever.

And that third pair could already probably use a 'McNabb' type to free up OEL regardless. And that's not Rathbone. At all.

Perhaps he could switch sides and play right side. But if we get Lundqvist, that his (natural) spot (probably opposite OEL).

Really though... He's looking more and more like a trade chip to shore up deficiencies elsewhere. 

I almost feel like Rathbone to Vancouver is akin to Schneider to NYR.  Both with a lot of potential.  Both stuck behind a couple top 4 dmen.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

I'd be happy with getting K'Andre Miller back! (depending on the rest of the players/picks of course) 

K'Andre is exactly the player we need in the back end, except he shoots left. Wonder if Hughes could play on the right. Would be risky moving him since he's been so damn dominate on his natural side.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

In don't see why they'd move him. He's young, already contributing at a high, NHL level, on an ELC and they're arguably more deep at RD.

I'm happy to take him as an alternative to Schneider... Been high on him since before his draft and if anything he's exceeded my hopes. Just don't see why NYR's would?

Yeah I'm not sure either. 

Listening to some of the New York media is a little eye rolling right now.

Heard on the radio and online that New York would maybe consider Lundkvist and a pick. Chytil sounds like too much.....suggestions that Schneider, even a 1st with say Lundkvist is a no as the team has untouchable assets.

I am sorry, homer bias? The Canucks hold the keys here and can name their price. Its too bad the Rangers have tabled an offer that didn't meet expectations by the Canucks.

If you want Miller that badly, well a team is going to pay. So before anyone suggests I'm being a homer, the Canucks have what rejected an offer already or not looked favorably upon it ?

On 650 the thought was that offer likely included Kravtsov, Lundkvist, a 1st or 2nd ?

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Yeah I'm not sure either. 

Like I get they REALLY like Schneider. But where's he fitting, behind Fox and Trouba for the next 4.5 years? Whereas on the left, they have Lindgren and Miller and then some decent but unlikely as high of ceiling guys (beyond maybe Robertson). 

Maybe somebody knows something I don't, but it sure looks like Schneider and/or Lundkvist are more expendable than Miller.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Like I get they REALLY like Schneider. But where's he fitting, behind Fox and Trouba for the next 4.5 years? Whereas on the left, they have Lindgren and Miller and then some decent but unlikely as high of ceiling guys (beyond maybe Robertson). 

Maybe somebody knows something I don't, but it sure looks like Schneider and/or Lundkvist are more expendable than Miller.

What side does A Fox play? Maybe Miller is made more expendable by Fox, and they'd try to fit in another trade to bring in a stop gap on D to replace Miller? 

I wouldn't do the deal if I'm NYR, but I'd also try to hold out for that deal if I'm Canucks.

Lindgren, Fox

Miller, Trouba

What side does A Fox play? Maybe Miller is made more expendable by Fox, and they'd try to fit in another trade to bring in a stop gap on D to replace Miller? 

I wouldn't do the deal if I'm NYR, but I'd also try to hold out for that deal if I'm Canucks.

Lindgren, Fox

Miller, Trouba

Is their top 4 on their appropriate sides.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Lindgren, Fox

Miller, Trouba

Lindgren, Fox

Miller, Trouba

Is their top 4 on their appropriate sides.

Honestly they could use Rathbone, and we could use Schneider.  Surely there's gotta be a deal somewhere in there that includes those 2.

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Some media are suggesting that with the recent emergence of Schneider due to some injuries,  he's bordering on the 'untouchable' category for the Rags.  Their likely going to pawn off lesser assets if they engage with Allvin at all.

See above. Where is he fitting behind Fox and Trouba for the next 4.5 years? Do they think they can move Trouba's contract? How much is THAT going to cost them? :lol:

Both teams are clearly negotiating through the media.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 3

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

See above. Where is he fitting behind Fox and Trouba for the next 4.5 years? Do they think they can move Trouba's contract? How much is THAT going to cost them? :lol:

Yup.

14 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Some media are suggesting that with the recent emergence of Schneider due to some injuries,  he's bordering on the 'untouchable' category for the Rags.  Their likely going to pawn off lesser assets if they engage with Allvin at all.

The Canucks (that’s us by the way) will do a deal with another team, and the Rags (that’s them by the way) can go suck lad smelly socks.  We don’t friggin’ care what Rag fans want.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I hear you,  just paraphrasing what I'm reading out of eastern media.   And certainly wouldn't put it past an opposing teams management to leak misleading information in order to gain negotiation advantages. 

Rangers have seemed to indicate they're in no rush to do anything with Schneider.  Him being on ELC is actually very beneficial to their salary structure.  At this point in his development he can play anywhere depth-wise and continue to learn.  

As I said,  I believe due to injuries they've realized what type of asset they have in Schneider and will want to deal lesser assets at any cost before considering moving Schneider. 

45 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I wouldn't say Schneider is much more untouchable than rathbone

12 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I hear you,  just paraphrasing what I'm reading out of eastern media.   And certainly wouldn't put it past an opposing teams management to leak misleading information in order to gain negotiation advantages. 

Rangers have seemed to indicate they're in no rush to do anything with Schneider.  Him being on ELC is actually very beneficial to their salary structure.  At this point in his development he can play anywhere depth-wise and continue to learn.  

As I said,  I believe due to injuries they've realized what type of asset they have in Schneider and will want to deal lesser assets at any cost before considering moving Schneider. 

Schneider is "untouchable" from their GM. We're in "no rush" according to our GM.

It's all just media negotiation, posturing.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

They've got miller on an elc still and though he'll get a raise, he's not going to break the bank on his next contract either.  They're in good shape capwise.

I know he's lhd, but would they take miller in a miller deal, rather than Schneider?

Hughes.        Hamonic

OEL.               Myers

Miller.             Schenn

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

They've got miller on an elc still and though he'll get a raise, he's not going to break the bank on his next contract either.  They're in good shape capwise.

I know he's lhd, but would they take miller in a miller deal, rather than Schneider?

Hughes.        Hamonic

OEL.               Myers

Miller.             Schenn

I much prefer Schneider over K'A.  Never thought K'A used his size as effectively as he could and Schneider in my view is more versatile. As for cap, they're worried about losing Strome which is why Allvin should be leveraging the heck out of them since Miller is an upgrade over Strome for them in almost every aspect.