The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Oh shut up Drance!

Why does he cover this team? Oh that’s right cause Leaf’s media already has enough kool aid drinking homers.

Does he honestly think he’s revealing information teams don’t already know? Who does he think he’s influencing?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Drance is clearly a sports nerd who thinks he’s a pro scout because he can read some advanced stats from a website.

This market deserves better media!

Guy only responds to fans with limited knowledge on Twitter as well he won’t answer to valid points that fans make that prove his theory’s wrong or misinformed/stretched 

16 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Kinda hard to be efficient in every aspect when he carries the PP, the PK, faceoff duties, and being a physical presence. 

JT needs support.

well if the Canucks sign him it's going to be more of that, but worse as it lkely means Bo is gone, who takes the lions share of the faceoffs and with a monster contract for JT they wouldn't be able to surround him with many quality depth players

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

I also make low six figures, but never purchased a car.  Never could commit to a depreciating asset.  I've always leased out and invested the difference, and it has played out very well so far, at least for me.  Been riding free while changing to a newer car every 4 years.  Of course, you assume a risk the this way, but if you're disciplined, it can work.  I guess each to its own.  

By the way, I love this econ 101 thread... why are people talking about J.T. Miller?

… if the team could actually pull the trigger on an actual trade we wouldn’t have to be getting this far into the weeds on every bit of minutiae related to the economics of how cap inflation affects how well or poorly contracts age!  :D

Go ask the Maple Leafs how well their contracts aged.  They assumed cap inflation would make them all more affordable deals by now… and picked that into the offers.  Now they are screwed with long term contracts and a flat cap.

I will even take a Poolman trade at this point where we have to throw in a little late round sweetener!  Anything to have something to actually talk about!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Provost said:

… if the team could actually pull the trigger on an actual trade we wouldn’t have to be getting this far into the weeds on every bit of minutiae related to the economics of how cap inflation affects how well or poorly contracts age!  :D

Go ask the Maple Leafs how well their contracts aged.  They assumed cap inflation would make them all more affordable deals by now… and picked that into the offers.  Now they are screwed with long term contracts and a flat cap.

I will even take a Poolman trade at this point where we have to throw in a little late round sweetener!  Anything to have something to actually talk about!!

Right??

All the excitement of potential change, a different direction, a new Canucks era with a management overhaul... and NOTHING has happened.  Tis true... I put the sole blame on the Management and Ownership... stop this slow torture.

Hah... the Laffs.  Although I'll cut them slack for not equating an unforeseen global macro factor, even if they knew, it is the Laffs afterall... probably would have made the same move.  Stupidity, and a mix of Karma!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

it's not a buyer beware situation, it's an analytics-worshippers beware situation.  

anybody who has watched jt play and then looks at those numbers and shrugs their shoulders thinking the numbers must be the true story is an absolute mouth breathing moron. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

Right??

All the excitement of potential change, a different direction, a new Canucks era with a management overhaul... and NOTHING has happened.  Tis true... I put the sole blame on the Management and Ownership... stop this slow torture.

Hah... the Laffs.  Although I'll cut them slack for not equating an unforeseen global macro factor, even if they knew, it is the Laffs afterall... probably would have made the same move.  Stupidity, and a mix of Karma!

Different management and same owner.  Maybe our owner won't allow the changes that new management is wanting?  When has this owner allowed for an actual rebuilding move where a key piece, or pieces, are moved out?  Kelser forced his way out.  Burr and Hansen were older and no longer key pieces.  Is the owner holding up management?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Journalists,   They just love attention..  they’re like children ,   stamping their feet , create some noise..   and they get paid for it.

They like to read their own thoughts,  hear their own voice,  chum and chuck it up with their own kind..   drink together, barbecue together, be seen together..   

even in stupidity,  strength sleeps together.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Journalists,   They just love attention..  they’re like children ,   stamping their feet , create some noise..   and they get paid for it.

They like to read their own thoughts,  hear their own voice,  chum and chuck it up with their own kind..   drink together, barbecue together, be seen together..   

even in stupidity,  strength sleeps together.

come now, drance isn't a journalist, he's a failed public relations guy. you shouldn't insult journalists that way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

How about future trades/speculation…

4835E4F1-988F-48CB-B291-94577E6F1C3A.png.8f310cd289711c32dfc35645440d1c16.png

lol

Hmmm. What would that look like?

We take ALL their young players/prospects not named Hughes.

They get to corner the market on Hughes brothers and also surround them with some of our more expensive veterans.

Then we have no issue with paying Miller market rate.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Different management and same owner.  Maybe our owner won't allow the changes that new management is wanting?  When has this owner allowed for an actual rebuilding move where a key piece, or pieces, are moved out?  Kelser forced his way out.  Burr and Hansen were older and no longer key pieces.  Is the owner holding up management?

Maybe Alf... I think you're onto something, which leads me to think you're sober, which worries me!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Hmmm. What would that look like?

We take ALL their young players/prospects not named Hughes.

They get to corner the market on Hughes brothers and also surround them with some of our more expensive veterans.

Then we have no issue with paying Miller market rate.

they'll have to make sure to draft the offbrand jack hughes knockoff out of northeastern this coming draft, too. 

• Haha 1