The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, Timråfan said:

Goodness me, I wouldn’t bother a bit about Benning if it was his first season or two.

Bennings track record filled with mistakes is just too much.

Come back if Allvinfollows in Bennings footstepw.

Trading for Dermott and not selling very valuable assets when we clearly are not going to contend just screams Benning 2.0 to me. Unless he can draft like Benning im scared this regime is going to be WORSE :unsure:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It'll just be interesting to hear people's reactions when we basically add Dermott and Richardson, and subtract Hamonic.

Both players are low cap. Why bother about them?

The interesting bit here is that we got out of Hamonics cap. 

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Goodness me, I wouldn’t bother a bit about Benning if it was his first season or two.

Bennings track record filled with mistakes is just too much.

Come back if Allvinfollows in Bennings footstepw.

The thing is your view is so skewed you only see negative and refuse to acknowledge the positives which he did have. 

And your tendency is to pass the buck on his positives to someone else regardless of if it is true, fair, or not. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Gator said:

Trading for Dermott and not selling very valuable assets when we clearly are not going to contend just screams Benning 2.0 to me. Unless he can draft like Benning im scared this regime is going to be WORSE :unsure:

I will let it go a few seasons vefore I voice any concerns.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

The thing is your view is so skewed you only see negative and refuse to acknowledge the positives which he did have. 

And your tendency is to pass the buck on his positives to someone else regardless of if it is true, fair, or not. 

Well, he was only a scout for me so if you think that is skewed so fine by me.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I am, but I'm more curious how the lack of moves in general is affecting CDCers psyche today haha

You are sounding a bit smug.

I think the fans that understand hockey trading, knew that the managers were undecided on Miller,

had decided to get Boeser signed in the offseason and go from there. The only other big signing

would be Garland, but obviously the were unable to get a decent return on him.

Miller may be traded as well.  He may choose not to re-sign or his asking price may be

way to high for the teams cap situation.

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Both players are low cap. Why bother about them?

The interesting bit here is that we got out of Hamonics cap. 

Uhh... we added $1.5M + $800k for $2.3M, while subtracting Hamonic's $3M.  So a major savings of $700k!

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

You are sounding a bit smug.

I think the fans that understand hockey trading, knew that the managers were undecided on Miller,

had decided to get Boeser signed in the offseason and go from there. The only other big signing

would be Garland, but obviously the were unable to get a decent return on him.

Miller may be traded as well.  He may choose not to re-sign or his asking price may be

way to high for the teams cap situation.

Well, we'll see what happens then won't we? :)

7 minutes ago, Gator said:

Sounds like your preference would be that they undersell valuable assets; as long as they

get them traded is what's most important.

Just now, higgyfan said:

Sounds like your preference would be that they undersell valuable assets; as long as they

get them traded is what's most important.

Find it hard to believe it would be an undersell. I have never seen players get returns like they have this year. Its mind boggling some of the packages teams are giving up.. We're going to deeply regret it when Miller is locked up long term at $10M+ and producing under a ppg

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I am, but I'm more curious how the lack of moves in general is affecting CDCers psyche today haha

Honestly I'm pretty bummed. I know we have some high end talent and guys we want to hold on to... but we also have guys that dont fit into the long term plans, and saw a great opportunity to move some guys for assets. I thought with all the brain trust hirings that management would take a different approach to trade deadline

• Huggy Bear 1

He's going nowhere, which was always an option.  Value won't diminish extremely, but we should be trying to prepare for what happens int eh off season with Boesers QO and the possibility of a $9+ million AAV Miller contract.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  But by doing the don't or doing the do; it makes the offseason job that much harder

Just now, Gator said:

Find it hard to believe it would be an undersell. I have never seen players get returns like they have this year. Its mind boggling some of the packages teams are giving up.. We're going to deeply regret it when Miller is locked up long term at $10M+ and producing under a ppg

There's no way of knowing what will happen with Miller.  I doubt any team signs him for $10m+

and there's a good chance that he will decide to leave.  If some of the proposal on this board

had been offered to the Nucks for JT, I think he'd be gone today.

There will be a few moves during the offseason.  People need to wait to see what next season's

team(and the following one as well) looks like before judging the management group.

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Honestly I'm pretty bummed. I know we have some high end talent and guys we want to hold on to... but we also have guys that dont fit into the long term plans, and saw a great opportunity to move some guys for assets. I thought with all the brain trust hirings that management would take a different approach to trade deadline

I don't think it's all doom and gloom.  There's still time, and there's still the offseason.  At least we will get to see how good or bad this current team is for the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

There's no way of knowing what will happen with Miller.  I doubt any team signs him for $10m+

and there's a good chance that he will decide to leave.  If some of the proposal on this board

had been offered to the Nucks for JT, I think he'd be gone today.

There will be a few moves during the offseason.  People need to wait to see what next season's

team(and the following one as well) looks like before judging the management group.

Doubt anyone signs Miller for $10M+.. Did you see that Hertl contract? :lol: