The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

5 minutes ago, klw604 said:

320 pages....

Trade him in the off season or next trade deadline

We all would of liked 

Two top tier prospects and a 1st rounder.... Unless you get what you want,  reminds me of when Colorado was shopping Duchene...

The Rangers are the real losers today.

They didn’t do nearly enough to match the powerhouses in the East. Gonna waste a historically good goaltending performance from Shesterkin.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I'm done.  You have no idea what you're talking about lol.  Yes, you're bad at math and at time :lol:

Well, we have a different opinion on how cap is affected.

I know that Brad didn’t affect cap… Do you know that? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

Next year?  No, or highly unlikely.

This year?  Yes.

But that's not what I was even talking about originally.  The original discussion was how much cap moved today. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, HKSR said:

Next year?  No, or highly unlikely.

This year?  Yes.

But that's not what I was even talking about originally.  The original discussion was how much cap moved today. 

Goodness me, how does aquiring Brad affect cap?

What is league minimum now?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Where did you learn math? lol

Again, BEFORE Motte was moved...

Hamonic = -$3M traded away

Dermott = +$1.5M acquired

Richardson = +$800k acquired

$1.5M + 800k - $3M = -$700k

I have no idea what you are talking about...

Don't really know why I want to wade into this, but your math is also biased. Before Motte being traded, Richardson replaces Petan (who is "shipped out" by way of being sent back down to Abby).

So if you're being actually factual and unbiased it's Hamonic and Petan out, Dermott and Richardson in.

$1.5M + 800K - $3M - 750K = -$1.45M

Still no idea where Timrafan's numbers are coming from, but if you're going to talk about fact and truth then the whole picture needs to be looked at and not just cherry picking what you want.

Just now, Diamonds said:

Don't really know why I want to wade into this, but your math is also biased. Before Motte being traded, Richardson replaces Petan (who is "shipped out" by way of being sent back down to Abby).

So if you're being actually factual and unbiased it's Hamonic and Petan out, Dermott and Richardson in.

Still no idea where Timrafan's numbers are coming from, but if you're going to talk about fact and truth then the whole picture needs to be looked at and not just cherry picking what you want.

I'm not.  I'm keeping it as unbiased as possible.  There were a couple moves today.  I was just showing how much cap was moved from those transactions.  Nothing else more to it.  I'm not doing some in depth analysis of who is replacing who on the roster, which players go down to the minors, etc.  It's simply, Player A and Player B were acquired.  Player C was moved out. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oh man, I had so much faith in you for a moment lol

Zero sum game… Look at Diamond. He managed to get the numbers right. 

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I’m glad you understood. :towel:

It’s so rare nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I mean if we were to go down that kinda path... since Poolman is in LTIR at the moment:

Hamonic out, Poolman in = +$500k

Dermott in, Hunt out = -$700k

Richardson in, Petan out = -$50k

Net = -$250k

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

They didn’t do nearly enough to match the powerhouses in the East. Gonna waste a historically good goaltending performance from Shesterkin.

I mean they made some good "low key" moves...which are great...but they're not really moving the needle a tonne. If I was a Ranger player, I'd be a bit disappointed management didn't feel any urgency to help us push.

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

I mean they made some good "low key" moves...which are great...but they're not really moving the needle a tonne. If I was a Ranger player, I'd be a bit disappointed management didn't feel any urgency to help us push.

Exactly.

They needed a Giroux, Miller, or at least a Rakell. Hell they couldn’t pony up anything for a player like Kessel?

Their bottom 6 for sure got better but they needed moves to put them over the top which those weren’t.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

They needed a Giroux, Miller, or at least a Rakell. Hell they couldn’t pony up anything for a player like Kessel?

Their bottom 6 for sure got better but they needed moves to put them over the top which those weren’t.

Maybe they'll be more inclined to pony up in the summer, after they get their asses handed to them? :lol:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

Wait, Kessel didn't move?  THAT is possibly the most shocking thing of all.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Wait, Kessel didn't move?  THAT is possibly the most shocking thing of all.

His no move clause had a hot dog clause in it that guaranteed him all the hotdogs he could eat.

At the end of the day teams just couldn’t afford that cost with the lost revenue this year…

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Maybe they'll be more inclined to pony up in the summer, after they get their asses handed to them? :lol:

I doubt they want to move assets that could keep them in top form for 5 years or more .

Motte and Copp are great additions for any playoff team.. those same assets you’ve been hoping to trade for will get better opportunities next season if they aren’t thrown into the thick of it .

Edited by SilentSam

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yup, given the season Kreider and Shesterkin are having they should have went for it but they flubbed it. 

Not sure they'll get a better season than this one to have gone for it with their top end players. 

They've got some great prospects, but I don't see their accent coinciding with their current top players still playing at an elite level. Shesterkin aside. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'm not.  I'm keeping it as unbiased as possible.  There were a couple moves today.  I was just showing how much cap was moved from those transactions.  Nothing else more to it.  I'm not doing some in depth analysis of who is replacing who on the roster, which players go down to the minors, etc.  It's simply, Player A and Player B were acquired.  Player C was moved out. 

… and a lot of Big City Speculation in this thread flushed down the toilet .

For those posters feeling the “Sting” for all their research,.  I found this on the internet:

Epinephrine autoinjector

If you're allergic to bee stings, your doctor is likely to prescribe an emergency epinephrine autoinjector (EpiPen, Auvi-Q, others). You'll need to have it with you at all times. An autoinjector is a combined syringe and concealed needle that injects a single dose of medication when pressed against your thigh. Always be sure to replace epinephrine by its expiration date.

Be sure you know how to use the autoinjector. Also, make sure the people closest to you know how to administer the drug — if they're with you in an anaphylactic emergency, they could save your life. Medical personnel called in to respond to a severe anaphylactic reaction also may give you an epinephrine injection or another medication.

Consider wearing an alert bracelet that identifies your allergy to bee or other insect stings.

Good Luck,  see you here in the Summer ;) 

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I think kinda just this once I agree with you. If Brad is league min and we have a set roster number it means we have to send someone down to fit him thus he doesn't count as cap in. Just cap different. lol if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

I think kinda just this once I agree with you. If Brad is league min and we have a set roster number it means we have to send someone down to fit him thus he doesn't count as cap in. Just cap different. lol if that makes sense. 

The older you get the wiser. B)