The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

6 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Look here, guys. The Rangers aren't trading Lafrenière.

maybe for Miller 50% retained + our 1st + prospect?

No one is giving up a 1st oa cheaply, even if he has had a slow start to his career. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

maybe for Miller 50% retained + our 1st + prospect?

No one is giving up a 1st oa cheaply, even if he has had a slow start to his career. 

The Rangers got seriously lucky winning the lottery, and Laf is a hell of a player. Watching him these playoffs, I can see the he has a crazy high trajectory. His skill-level is off the charts, and watching him drop the gloves against Steven freakin' Stamkos at the end of game 5 screams heart and soul. He's going to be a VERY good player on a cup contender for a VERY long time. 

If you're trading for Eric Lindros, then sure you offer up Laf. Not for Miller though, and that's not a slight on him...

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

The Rangers got seriously lucky winning the lottery, and Laf is a hell of a player. Watching him these playoffs, I can see the he has a crazy high trajectory. His skill-level is off the charts, and watching him drop the gloves against Steven freakin' Stamkos at the end of game 5 screams heart and soul. He's going to be a VERY good player on a cup contender for a VERY long time. 

If you're trading for Eric Lindros, then sure you offer up Laf. Not for Miller though, and that's not a slight on him...

it would be a long shot for sure. The point I was making was really that we'd be the ones adding, not NYR. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

If Nemec or Jiricek are there then maybe we can do #6 and Boqvist for Miller and #15 and then sign Forsberg.  Future pairings of:

Hughes Jiricek

OEL Boqvist

Rathbone *Someone

*By someone I mean Tryamkin

I love that defence! It might be a little small though. You'd need to put a Jani Hakanpää sized groot in your *Someone spot to make up for the size deficit. :lol:

But I love that proposed top-4. That's a D core that I'd love to see grow together over the years.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I love that defence! It might be a little small though. You'd need to put a Jani Hakanpää sized groot in your *Someone spot to make up for the size deficit. :lol:

But I love that proposed top-4. That's a D core that I'd love to see grow together over the years.

True, Boqvist isn’t exactly the right fit for OEL.  Hakanpaa and Tryamkin would fit the bill especially if we can snag Jiricek too.

35 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I would be happy with Schneider as the centre piece. Laf would be a non-starter for them, and I get it. 

Schneider, Kravtsov, a 1st this year and a 2nd next year seems more than fair imho. 

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Lol. 
Keep dreaming. 

Their center depth after Mika is putrid, and Schneider isn’t playing ahead of Fox or Trouba anytime soon. So if they want Miller they’re gonna have to pony up or piss off. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pears said:

Their center depth after Mika is putrid, and Schneider isn’t playing ahead of Fox or Trouba anytime soon. So if they want Miller they’re gonna have to pony up or piss off. 

My guess is they will piss off then.  
Schneider is apparently a no go, and I get why.  
No way they add 3 large pieces to the kid as well.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

A second rounder and the 30th overall pick aren’t “large” pieces, and Kravtsov has basically told them if he’s not on the NHL roster he isn’t gonna play for them. They also need to get Lundkvist in eventually. 

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

They don’t want to part with one of their more valuable pieces? Well, Canucks management should look elsewhere. 

I was rooting for Tampa Bay all the way, and I’m glad they knocked out the Rangers. 

Gotta part with someone valuable if you’re wanting the best player in a deal (Miller). 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s fine. Then the Rangers go &^@#ing piss off. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Raggedy Sndys are in for a BIG FALL.  Their best players are aging out and their youth sucks pucks.  Screw Rangers.  Say hello to being suckaroos. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

To me , you’ve just shown the Value in keeping Miller here.

I must have missed when the Canucks made the conference finals this year, on the backs of a bunch of +/- 30 year old guys.

• Cheers 4

32 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I must have missed when the Canucks made the conference finals this year, on the backs of a bunch of +/- 30 year old guys.

Stamkos, Killorn, Pierre-Edouard, Perry, Maroon, Hedman, McDonagh, Bogozian, Rutta

Pararin, Kreider, Reaves, Nemth, Braun.

But other than that, yeah them 30+ guys aren't contributing much :P

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1