The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Part of millers identity is also negative body language and turnovers. Can’t have all the good without some bad.

But we will see what they do. They could resign him, they could trade him. We will see. If they can find a way to keep him where it makes sense numbers wise and with roster planning great.

I think you are being a little close minded in seeing how trading miller now could be the best thing for our clubs future. 

And there’s zero word or indication Tryamkin is getting a contract? And even if he did he solves zero issues for us in building out our backend. He’s a middle of the pack KHL defender. He’d be fighting with Luke Schenn or really just to be a bottom pairing guy on our team. I’m not convinced he will ever play in the NHL again. 

Oh enough already..  stop being somebody else’s Mother .

Deleted ..

Edited by SilentSam

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I “quoted” “fluke” to emphasize my wording..

it’s a word I don’t like to use, and consider it slang :) 

Hard to look at his charts and say he is now plateaued though,  even if he has .. that’s tough to give up or replace without stepping back.

But what if he's like Dany Heatley or Jonathan Cheechoo or Erik Karlsson or Devin Setoguchi or... I forget what my point was.  I'm just having fun picking on the Sharks now!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Agaiin, nobody is suggesting we don't need players like Miller, or with some of his attributes. Management has made numerous comments about adding more grit, being harder to play against etc, etc. It just isn't likely to be Miller.

But, he is all of that , and that is what is rubbing off on Petey Podz Hogz Lockwood Lamikko ,.  And now an opportunity to have a true NHL leader with Kuzmenko.

Sign and trad him in 4 years if necessary, not just yet.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

But, he is all of that , and that is what is rubbing off on Petey Podz Hogz Lockwood Lamikko ,.  And now an opportunity to have a true NHL leader with Kuzmenko.

I both like and agree with this way of looking at it.  All of that doesn't leave with Miller however.  Horvat is still bringing it, Bruce is still coaching, The Sedins are onboard now.  There are other sources of leadership aside from Miller.  They also aren't going to forget the lessons learned from JT just because he moves on.

• Cheers 1

Yes he is. And on his current deal that's GREAT. At $8-9m and 6+ years of term at 30 years old....not so much. Now we need to find some "next Miller's" and add more of that type of grit and heart throughout the lineup. Not just with Miller.

Yes yet. Trade him, fill other holes, better cap allocation, better roster construction etc and build for Hughes/Petey's primes.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yes he is. And on his current deal that's GREAT. At $8-9m and 6+ years of term at 30 years old....not so much. Now we need to find some "next Miller's" and add more of that type of grit and heart throughout the lineup. Not just with Miller.

Yes yet. Trade him, fill other holes, better cap allocation, better roster construction etc and build for Hughes/Petey's primes.

This Is The Way GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I know right. There's so many playoff teams that sucked on the pp. I'm sure we could get a valuable piece for him.  Then develop Rathbone. 

Jesus.

I don’t think that was the point…

Point being is that the Canucks have a 1-2 punch at 1D and if one goes down it’s not a sudden threat to the season.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Just resign the guy. Trade Boeser. That’s it. In all honesty this is what is most likely to happen. 

I am sooo fine in trading Boeser.

Hes not going to get any stronger, better, faster or healthier. He’s too often injured and cannot be counted upon as a stable asset.

That’s 25 goals Podkolzin will get at some point anyways.

34 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Your not going to “find” that leadership or player for under 9m ..  but for Miller to get him close to the 8-8.2 figure is a good deal.

Look at Hertyls contract lol !

I think a round about 8.2 x 6 yr he signs, and he is worth that.

”finding” another player with leadership qualities like that .. ?  Mark Scheifele? perhaps?  but without the pre existing relationship Miller has it’s a dummy down.

Bo was projected to be what Miller is.

Id rather move Bo at the over paid sum he is probably going to get at 7m.

Now don’t go soft with your highly acclaimed  attachment to Horvat..  think about that.

Bo for Chytl and Lindgren?  

What about Brock?

Is he about to play hard ball this Summer?

Brocks rights for Fiala’s  ..  ? straight hockey trade.

You, yourself can be more dynamic than just using Miller as the one to move agent .

put away your holographic charts and get back to basics.

This is what I use ..

maya erskine hulu originals GIF by HULU

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

he was a surprisingly good defensive dman, better than I thought he was going to be.  That said, I'd like to see them add another defensive dman who can take some of that responsibility off his plate.  I also think he should be the ppqb and free up QH as a rover type

I really like OEL as well. Great skater, gets the shot through, and has a little edge to him that I didn't know was there. 

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

But you just have to replace him anyway and it's going to cost you at least what OEL is making right now.  You can't just plug some guy into a spot where he's playing 20-25 mins a night against the best the other has to offer........that's a top 2-3 dman.spit and you pay handsomely for those players.

OEL is steady and he is a long time captain in this league.  You talk alot about a leadership vacuum if Miller leaves......OEL would leave a much bigger hole in the leadership group.

Mmm .. I like OEL, I want to keep him,.  Where have I said I want to move OEL?

OEL just needs some heavy support,  he is absorbing too much physically, he can play it but it’s not his “all” game,  he is better skilled.. and yes could be the leader to rise ,as he is on our D.

• Vintage 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

Mmm .. I like OEL, I want to keep him,.  Where have I said I want to move OEL?

OEL just needs some heavy support,  he is absorbing too much physically, he can play it but it’s not his “all” game,  he is better skilled.. and yes could be the leader to rise ,as he is on our D.

For sure. I think it's why management may be shopping Myers. Myers doesn't gel with OEL or Hughes. Both those guys need a steady, simple Dman partner with some bite. Willie Mitchell type. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Jesus.

I don’t think that was the point…

Point being is that the Canucks have a 1-2 punch at 1D and if one goes down it’s not a sudden threat to the season.

I think Burroughs is about to add a skill set to his game we haven’t seen much of yet.. I saw some great 2 liners off the boards to forwards in the last quarter of the season.  Kid is heads up, and keen to stay, which is why he plays so aggressively.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

For sure. I think it's why management may be shopping Myers. Myers doesn't gel with OEL or Hughes. Both those guys need a steady, simple Dman partner with some bite. Willie Mitchell type. 

From March:    One down,.   Two to go ;) 

19C691C0-ADEB-47C4-9157-CAD14374BE95.thumb.jpeg.8f1612bbca7fb6dd5af346f69bdf65a4.jpeg

• Haha 1