The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

13 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Defence is just generally misunderstood.  Whenever a discussion pops up around the greatest D of all time people here instantly start talking about regular season point totals.

People these days want grit and defence from their forwards but speed/skill on D.  

Well, Jim Benning himself had an entire career in the NHL at the position and still didn't seem to fully grasp how to build a unit?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Well, Jim Benning himself had an entire career in the NHL at the position and still didn't seem to fully grasp how to build a unit?  

That's just the way it goes sometimes.  Gretz wasn't the greatest coach despite how good he was.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

For someone with such strong opinions and views you sure seem to have your feathers ruffled when others do the same. 

You've been going after Alf here the last couple days, chill.. 

I'm glad someone else can see the incredible amount of irony in some of their posts. It's strange, but it's actually part of the reason I look forward to Miller being traded. I spend too much time on this forums, and it'll be nice not having to read these bait posts anymore.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Flame me all you want, but Drance is one of the best commentators in the game. He may annoy some people, but he tells it like it is and has really good insight into where the team is and where it needs to be in order to be a true contender one day. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

and yesterday it was NJD per Seravalli.

NJD doesnt make that much sense to me as they dont get the extreme value from the low cap hit this year as they aren't against the cap. They seem like they would benefit more from signing big name UFA then pay our high price. 

1 minute ago, BureBurrito said:

Josh Anderson would be another - bertuzzi lite in max skill/size BUT very injury prone

Anderson is over rated around here because he's a Hab. He's not worth the money, CBJ knew what they were going when they shed him imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, JM_ said:

Anderson is over rated around here because he's a Hab. He's not worth the money, CBJ knew what they were going when they shed him imo. 

Anderson averages 27 points per year over his six best years.  5.5 mil per for five more years for a guy nearing 30 is crazy.  That’s a cap dump contract and would cost the Habs to get rid of.  

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder how much value is added to Miller (as a one year rental) to a top team if we retain 50%? 

Just my opinion but probably worth a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.  Cuz that’s $2.625M cap space for 1 yr.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Anderson is over rated around here because he's a Hab.

Personally, I tend to de-value most players/prospects from both the Habs/Leafs because I know their media/fan-base wildly overvalue them to begin with.  And yes,  I understand they probably view us the same way.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Lights must be on late night at Canucks Central. Watching video on every possible player they can put on the table. Analytics will be going crazy. Great bonding experience for all the new staff. They can move cots in for the older guys to snooze on. :) 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Just my opinion but probably worth a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.  Cuz that’s $2.625M cap space for 1 yr.

Would a team, like the Avs, value that cap space (to have Miller at 2.65 for one year) more?  They are losing Kadri, but could replace him with Miller (who is an upgrade) for less than Kadri was getting and be in a better spot to go back-to-back.  This is their last season before Mackinnon is going to eat up huge cap dollars. 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Lights must be on late night at Canucks Central. Watching video on every possible player they can put on the table. Analytics will be going crazy. Great bonding experience for all the new staff. They can move cots in for the older guys to snooze on. :) 

Is Torts’ Murphy bed still there? 

• Haha 1