The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

15 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I would love to keep garland

I also wanted to move on from Boeser as hes just too 1 dimensional but the sign and trade has bad optics

that may very well have been a part of the conversation between Boes and the Canucks.  Keeping Boeser and moving Garland would be a terrible move, imo

5 minutes ago, aliboy said:

He's worth more than that, I would think at least 6x$8.5M, $51M might have a chance? 

Like JG and the Flames, I don't think there's any number the Canucks could offer that would keep him in Van

• Cheers 1

It feels like we are playing musical chairs, but we won’t know what seat is left for Miller (if any) until Kadri and Gaudreau find seats. If NYR and NJD sign those two, not many options left for Miller except Pens or NYI? I’m hoping rumours of Columbus wanting Kadri are true. Despite the calm, no-panic statements from our GM, I don’t think they want to start next season with Miller here, no additional 2023 picks, and no RHD partner for Hughes.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well that’s very clear.  The Miller’s permanent home is in Pittsburgh.  He MUST be traded by the 2023 TDL.  No way can we lose him for nothing. 

pettersson's permanent home is in sweden, we better trade him back to vaxjo while we still can. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well at least we know we’d be getting some D help back in Marino or someone else. if we receive M. Pettersson at least we will have completed a trifecta of powerrrrrrrrrr.

meh.

if PIT does take on JTM to help with the final push for their old core, we better be snagging a 1st rounder in return as part.

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

It feels like we are playing musical chairs, but we won’t know what seat is left for Miller (if any) until Kadri and Gaudreau find seats. If NYR and NJD sign those two, not many options left for Miller except Pens or NYI? I’m hoping rumours of Columbus wanting Kadri are true. Despite the calm, no-panic statements from our GM, I don’t think they want to start next season with Miller here, no additional 2023 picks, and no RHD partner for Hughes.

again, I think Colorado going to want to move on from Sam Girard and his $5m contract and will need to replace kadri, even if just for a year.  He's a solid dman and can play both sides

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If that report is true, that significantly lowers our negotiating power.

Effectively JT even without a NTC is slowly dictating where he would like to go and is starting to limit our options. 

And this is perhaps what has been going on behind the scenes since the reg season ended 

• Vintage 1

Just now, stawns said:

again, I think Colorado going to want to move on from Sam Girard and his $5m contract and will need to replace kadri, even if just for a year.  He's a solid dman and can play both sides

Girard still recovering from a broken sternum injury(?). Would be a nice piece for sure.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Well at least we know we’d be getting some D help back in Marino or someone else. if we receive M. Pettersson at least we will have completed a trifecta of powerrrrrrrrrr.

meh.

if PIT does take on JTM to help with the final push for their old core, we better be snagging a 1st rounder in return as part.

Given the lack of a bidding war and more big name UFAs than anticipated, if we get Marino and a 1st for JT, that may be enough.