Trying to do the math here…

so according to some…

-Brock can’t skate

-Brock too soft

-Brock can’t defend

-Brock one dimensional

-Brock can’t drive play

therefore Brock not worth the QO

but at the same time, not only Is some other team Gonna give him the money, they are also going to give the Canucks a top tier D man in return too.

Makes sense!!

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Not necessarily.

No proof who the coach would be

Now we have a 3x cup winning poho.

Everything happens for a reason, so I'm thankful he did re sign green. It was the beginning of the end for JB.

He undeniably built a heck of a team.

In terms of communications skills, much was left to be desired.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, aGENT said:

Boeser is an RFA. He pretty much has to sign here (or hold out/demand a trade).

Miller on the other hand...

One of many reasons it potentially makes sense to move him. We cannot afford to let him just walk to UFA. And I'm not sure we can/want to afford to retain him for likely 6-8 years at $7-8m+ at what will then be, 30 years old. 

Boeser on the other hand is still young and with his play this year might not even get much/any raise. And people forget he was arguably our best F last year.

To me, as unfortunate as it is, because I love (most of) his play, Miller just makes the most sense.

IMO, ideally we'd see him packaged with Rathbone and maybe Poolman for a top pair RD and a legit 3C +/-. 

Something like (but not necessarily specifically) Dobson and Cizikas out of NYI.

That way we still maintain C depth and grit (albeit a downgrade) but upgrade our top 4D.

I would not mind sending Miller and Poolman for Dobson and Cizikas, and maybe a propsect/pick. 

Is Dobson worth Miller? 

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

He undeniably built a heck of a team.

In terms of communications skills, much was left to be desired.

Can't fault Benning for the team he built. He built a good solid core for this franchise moving forward. 

His communication skills, like you've said, lots to be desired there.

I'm hoping Rutherford doesn't blow up the core. But we also don't have money for everyone. 

I think Miller is the odd man out. I agree that we cannot allow him to just walk straight into UFA and sign with another team without getting any assets in return. If he doesn't take a decent deal with the Canucks, then Rutherford's gotta shop him and get a RHD, and a 3C - a hockey trade, or for futures. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Not necessarily.

No proof who the coach would be

Now we have a 3x cup winning poho.

Everything happens for a reason, so I'm thankful he did re sign green. It was the beginning of the end for JB.

I mean, today's presser with Jim Rutherford, he even said that he liked the previous coach, alluding to Green. 

I'm not sure what it was with Green and this roster. How is it that BB could get far more out of the same roster than Green could? Did he lose the room? 

7 hours ago, Darius said:

Trying to do the math here…

so according to some…

-Brock can’t skate

-Brock too soft

-Brock can’t defend

-Brock one dimensional

-Brock can’t drive play

therefore Brock not worth the QO

but at the same time, not only Is some other team Gonna give him the money, they are also going to give the Canucks a top tier D man in return too.

Makes sense!!

Nope!

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I would not mind sending Miller and Poolman for Dobson and Cizikas, and maybe a propsect/pick. 

Is Dobson worth Miller? 

Take that and run.   Trades don't always work out and you just never know, but i doubt Lou would do that unless his spirit board found the secret to getting to the final and winning a cup.   With their terrible start, it's hard to say what they'd do.    I personally think that Miller is worth a first from a bubble team plus a good prospect or a second as well.   Dobson is worth more then that.    He's not as valuable as Duchene was because of his age - but as far as win now goes every contender in the league would kick tires for sure.     I'd also consider Bouchard in EDM ... RHD,  who's proved he's an NHLer.    And doesn't get the Barrie/McDavid Drasaitl power play bump, but still gets his points.    Doubt we'd get him though - that's too big a trade for a division rival.   Rutherford and Holland though ... both HHOF GMs...again you just never know. 

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, today's presser with Jim Rutherford, he even said that he liked the previous coach, alluding to Green. 

I'm not sure what it was with Green and this roster. How is it that BB could get far more out of the same roster than Green could? Did he lose the room? 

Something was off.   I don't think he lost the room as much as just lost his job.   Also very curious to see if and when he gets another chance, how well he does.    All those one goal games ... i also doubt a lot of coaches could deal with the amount of roster changes he's had to deal with since he started.    Not an easy thing.   Ray Ferraro says it takes a year for a player to get used to his new team and build chemistry..,maybe he said that because he was moved around a lot lol.., but it is also a thing.    JB is gone and i'm happy for change, and don't mind at all that they all went down with the ship.   

Edited by IBatch

37 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Of course you would... Hell no!:P

Come on aGENT!  he's a prime fantasy asset right now at least ... and is doing his thing lol.   I made my penance already with the QHs pick.   Seriously, Bouchard has made it in every league so far ... and seems to be fine as a top four so far this year no?    Miller ... needs to be traded doesn't he?   Macro view for sure says yes absolutely. 

Edited by IBatch

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Come on aGENT!  he's a prime fantasy asset right now at least ... and is doing his thing lol.   I made my penance already with the QHs pick.   Seriously, Bouchard has made it in every league so far ... and seems to be fine as a top four so far this year no?    Miller ... needs to be traded doesn't he?   Macro view for sure says yes absolutely. 

Still has second pair ceiling, still a sub par skater, and not really the skill set I hope we're targeting (offense is nice but I want a bigger, meaner guy who pays solid D but offensively capable enough to can hang with Hughes...a bigger, meaner, Tanev).

No Bouchard.

On 12/14/2021 at 8:10 AM, The Lock said:

This thread's kind of nutty outside looking in. People just wanting a trade for the sake of a trade at this point. I get where it started though, but I don't see the point in trading him now that there's been a shift in momentum.

Right. It’s time to keep Brock now since he’s gotten his game going. 5 goals in the last 6 games. He’s starting to heat up. 

But you obviously can’t trade a player when their value is at their lowest, and before this goal scoring streak, Boeser’s value was at his lowest. Would have been the worse time to have traded him. But trading him now - what kind of message would that be sending to the rest of the team that’s on a season high 6 game winning streak now? 

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Right. It’s time to keep Brock now since he’s gotten his game going. 5 goals in the last 6 games. He’s starting to heat up. 

But you obviously can’t trade a player when their value is at their lowest, and before this goal scoring streak, Boeser’s value was at his lowest. Would have been the worse time to have traded him. But trading him now - what kind of message would that be sending to the rest of the team that’s on a season high 6 game winning streak now? 

Like JR said, trading players at this point is just going to be dollar in and dollar out and all you are doing is filling a hole but creating another one in the process.

Trading Brock to get another player leaves a hole in the line up. As don't have a replacement for him right now in the system. 

And you are right, trading Boeser now sends the wrong message. That's why I don't see us trading any of our top 9 forwards this season.

The only trades that I see are for 4C or 4RW if Sutter can't return and for 3LD.

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Like JR said, trading players at this point is just going to be dollar in and dollar out and all you are doing is filling a hole but creating another one in the process.

Trading Brock to get another player leaves a hole in the line up. As don't have a replacement for him right now in the system. 

And you are right, trading Boeser now sends the wrong message. That's why I don't see us trading any of our top 9 forwards this season.

The only trades that I see are for 4C or 4RW if Sutter can't return and for 3LD.

Trades for 4C or 4RW are depth moves, minor moves really. 

I think JR probably has to do some sort of move to upgrade the backend if we’re going to survive the second half of the season. You can’t be riding Myers 25-30 min, OEL 25 min and Hughes 26+ min and think their quality of play is going to continue to be on par in the second half. And that’s an important half of the season since they’ll continue to have to make ground and push for a playoff position in the second half of the season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Trades for 4C or 4RW are depth moves, minor moves really. 

I think JR probably has to do some sort of move to upgrade the backend if we’re going to survive the second half of the season. You can’t be riding Myers 25-30 min, OEL 25 min and Hughes 26+ min and think their quality of play is going to continue to be on par in the second half. And that’s an important half of the season since they’ll continue to have to make ground and push for a playoff position in the second half of the season. 

Agree.

The season is long. Hughes 25+ minutes isn't sustainable.

We need to upgrade D without giving up one of the pieces in our top 9 and we have very little in the prospect pool. Gonna be hard.

I'm looking forward to listening to JR at the end of January on his assessment of the team.