The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, I think Boeser's camp will push for either a 1 year deal, or the big pay day of $7.5M AAV for 7 or 8 years.  I don't see him coming in under $7M based on the options available.  I guess the Canucks could take him to arbitration?  Not sure the rules behind that and timing of it vs the qualifying offer.

At most, I think he’s worth $7M if he can stay healthy (play 70+ games) getting about 60-70 pts.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, I think Boeser's camp will push for either a 1 year deal, or the big pay day of $7.5M AAV for 7 or 8 years.  I don't see him coming in under $7M based on the options available.  I guess the Canucks could take him to arbitration?  Not sure the rules behind that and timing of it vs the qualifying offer.

Or the easier solution, trade him and let another team deal with it.

Just now, BPA said:

At most, I think he’s worth $7M if he can stay healthy (play 70+ games) getting about 60-70 pts.

I remember the good old days when people here were calling him a 40 goal guy even though he'd never even hit 30.  Truth is, he's a 20-25 goal guy who is a passenger on most lines, an opportunistic one, but a passenger nonetheless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I remember the good old days when people here were calling him a 40 goal guy even though he'd never even hit 30.  Truth is, he's a 20-25 goal guy who is a passenger on most lines, an opportunistic one, but a passenger nonetheless. 

He was on target to get above 30g a couple of times but couldn’t stay healthy.  But he is a 20-25g at the very least which is still a good thing.  Just not $7M+ worthy (in my opinion).

44 minutes ago, stawns said:

It’s funny…. He’s played 295 games and scored 111 goals. That’s puts him at .376 goals per game. Interestingly enough that puts him at just shy of 31 goals every 82 games played. 

IF he stays healthy, he’s a 30 goal guy. 

edit: Boeser being a passenger is a myth. 

Edited by J-Dizzle
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

It’s funny…. He’s played 295 games and scored 111 goals. That’s puts him at .376 goals per game. Interestingly enough that puts him at just shy of 31 goals every 82 games played. 

Boeser is a scoring version of eberle.

Nothing more.

Good complimentary piece.  But not the end all be all

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NorthWestNuck said:

So he’s a scoring version of an All-Star? I’ll take that. Lol

Hardly an all star.  Eberle also, not exactly an all star.  Look at their scoring, career paths at this current stage/age.

They're very very similar.  Same skating style, same kind of winger.

Boeser just pots more goals.

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Boeser is a scoring version of eberle.

Nothing more.

Good complimentary piece.  But not the end all be all

Boeser lacks the separation speed needed to generate room for himself to release his shots in full swing. His puck battle skill is also lacking. I am very certain that he will score 35 goals per season eventually. The question is do you want to pay over $7 M per year in cap space for a complementary winger. As a comparison, J.T. Miller brings about the same level of offence, but is more dynamic, a better skater and plays in all situations. Miller is the engine that drives his line. 

Edited by Maddogy
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

To be fair, you need to prorate his scoring #s to an 82 game season, which would give him 3 - 30 goal seasons.  Injury and Covid is wreaking havock on a lot of players numbers.  Last season he had the most goals on the team, by far and that was without the benefit of Pete's saucer passes.

12 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Boeser lacks the separation speed needed to generate room for himself to release his shots in full swing. His puck battle skill is also lacking. I am very certain that he will score 35 goals per season eventually. The question is do you want to pay over $7 M per year in cap space for a complementary winger. As a comparison, J.T. Miller brings about the same level of offence, but is more dynamic, a better skater and plays in all situations. Miller is the engine that drives his line. 

The exact opposite is true. Boeser does extremely well in puck battles. 

boeser 6 x6.5 would be a reasonable price 

he reminds me of toffoli 

when he gets hot he’s a super star when he’s not he a still a solid top 6 player. 

i would rather miller got traded I’m just not a fan of declining 8+mill  30+ year olds.
That might not even stay when he’s a UFA. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

To be fair, you need to prorate his scoring #s to an 82 game season, which would give him 3 - 30 goal seasons.  Injury and Covid is wreaking havock on a lot of players numbers.  Last season he had the most goals on the team, by far and that was without the benefit of Pete's saucer passes.

so Jake was a 20-25 goal guy then?

29 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

The exact opposite is true. Boeser does extremely well in puck battles. 

to some degree, but he's much more of a Tim Kerr/JOhn Leclair kind of player........he doesn't drive the play, doesn't engage as much as he could, but he puts himself in good spots to score.

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

depends on how you define passenger I guess.  I don't think he'slazy or unmotivated, he's just not a guy who drives the play.......he's a guy who picks his spots well and often makes good on opportunities. It's not an insult, many players have made great careers doing just that, Mike Bossy most notably.

Just now, higgyfan said:

He might have been if he had his head screwed on properly.  Immaturity and lack of commitment usually ends up with unimpressive results.

my point being, he had severalseason where he was on pace for that over 82 games, but he never actually got there.  No one calls him a 20 goal scorer because he never scored 20 goals.  Boeser isn't a 30 goal guy because he's never scored 30 goals in a season.