The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

I'm all for trading Flow but with one stipulation, up to me, trade him to the Wild, where he can be near his dad and we get Dumba in return and his cap is 6 mil. That, or, RHD prospect(s) or picks or mixture of both. Our problem usually isn't a scoring one, it's keeping it out of our own net and not having to have superhuman efforts by goalies every game which eventually fails or wears a goalie tandem down in a long season that can still go a lot further and in the playoffs, the lack of a more rested pair is an obvious dis-advantage. We would always be in the former unless our D gets straightened out with depth for a change.

Losing guys like Tanev, Salo, and Edler for stretches of time lost us a lot of games due to no depth and we need to have that or stay the same, no cup or not even close.. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 2

12 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I'm all for trading Flow but with one stipulation, up to me, trade him to the Wild, where he can be near his dad and we get Dumba in return and his cap is 6 mil. That, or, RHD prospect(s) or picks or mixture of both. Our problem usually isn't a scoring one, it's keeping it out of our own net and not having to have superhuman efforts by goalies every game which eventually fails or wears a goalie tandem down in a long season that can still go a lot further and in the playoffs, the lack of a more rested pair is an obvious dis-advantage. We would always be in the former unless our D gets straightened out with depth for a change.

Losing guys like Tanev, Salo, and Edler for stretches of time lost us a lot of games due to no depth and we need to have that or stay the same, no cup or not even close.. 

The Wild have to operate with 13M in dead cap next season - ie an overall cap below 70M because of their buyouts.  If they trade Dumba it's probably so they can re-sign their own ppg 33-goal scorer.  Swapping anyone in their top-9 for Boeser makes them weaker.

13 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I'd expect them to take the best deal they can find, not to a specific team for personal reasons.  That's a disasterous way to run a professional sports franchise

Looks like the core is being kept. 

Pearson and or Garland has to be dealt to move cap and the RHD has to be handled thru the draft or somehow there is money to sign one after Brock is reputed. 

let’s see if Brock will stick with the club.  There is love all around.  

Edited by Phat Fingers

35 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well hopefully that means something like a max term deal at around $6-6.5 million AAV.  Front load the actual cash and give him some (limited) trade protection in the latter half as the offset for him agreeing to a team friendly deal and then getting dealt somewhere he doesn’t want to go.

That locks him up for all his prime years and gives a little extra at the end into his early 30’s.

At that term and the expected cap inflation by the 2nd half of the deal he could be a really good bargain if he becomes a regular 30 goal, 70+ point guy, and still be a decent value if he is only ever a 2nd line 25 goal, 50-60 point guy.

Pretty fair all around with the long term guaranteed money and some trade protection.  Offsets risk of injury drastically limiting his potential career earnings if he signs a shorter term 3 year deal.  For us we take some risk on a guy that has had some injury struggles that have limited him and he is a little one dimensional compared with a guy like Miller who can play everywhere in all situations and all styles of play.

The other point that is becoming more clear is there is a group of guys who are growing up together and getting really close.  Boeser is part of that group.  Kind of like when Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, and the twins were all coming up together.  That can turn into something special.  I hope some of the vets are bending their ears and making sure they know not all locker rooms are like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Oh that was troubling to read, not sure term is a good idea at this point. We need that cap space for a Dman, getting scored against is what we need before goal scoring by miles! Lots of miles! Not happy with this at all.. I live flow but not THAT much, not for the sake of more goals opposed to a lot more goals and   against and if we have an asset to trade to help that and don't use it, I'm so not a fan of that... 

7 hours ago, stawns said:

I'd expect them to take the best deal they can find, not to a specific team for personal reasons.  That's a disasterous way to run a professional sports franchise

Not if one gets a fair return and it works for both teams equally, and do someone a solid at the same time is possible. Hardly ever happens but not to say it isn't possible under the right circumstances but of course it would be a bad idea to get ripped harshly over it, I'm not saying that or meant to.. 

Edited by iceman64

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Not if one gets a fair return and it works for both teams equally, and do someone a solid at the same time is possible. Hardly ever happens but not to say it isn't possible under the right circumstances but of course it would be a bad idea to get ripped harshly over it, I'm not saying that or meant to.. 

If it works out that way, sure, but you certainly don't use that to determine where you trade someone

16 hours ago, Provost said:

Well hopefully that means something like a max term deal at around $6-6.5 million AAV.  Front load the actual cash and give him some (limited) trade protection in the latter half as the offset for him agreeing to a team friendly deal and then getting dealt somewhere he doesn’t want to go.

That locks him up for all his prime years and gives a little extra at the end into his early 30’s.

At that term and the expected cap inflation by the 2nd half of the deal he could be a really good bargain if he becomes a regular 30 goal, 70+ point guy, and still be a decent value if he is only ever a 2nd line 25 goal, 50-60 point guy.

Pretty fair all around with the long term guaranteed money and some trade protection.  Offsets risk of injury drastically limiting his potential career earnings if he signs a shorter term 3 year deal.  For us we take some risk on a guy that has had some injury struggles that have limited him and he is a little one dimensional compared with a guy like Miller who can play everywhere in all situations and all styles of play.

The other point that is becoming more clear is there is a group of guys who are growing up together and getting really close.  Boeser is part of that group.  Kind of like when Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, and the twins were all coming up together.  That can turn into something special.  I hope some of the vets are bending their ears and making sure they know not all locker rooms are like that.

Yeah, seeing how Petey and Hughes interacted with Boeser in that interview changed my tune on Brock.  We absolutely need to keep him, as it looks like there's a real bond between those guys. 

Clearly Brock has a LOT going on in his life at the moment, but that won't last forever.  At some point, Brock will turn his game around once his head is 100% back in the game.  Then we'll probably see the Brock from last year when he lead the entire team in production. 

If we can lock him up between $6M and $7M long term (ie. 7 or 8 years), we do it.

The new management team is so transparent, I love it. Love hearing it sounding like they are re-signing Boeser. People have a very short memory when it comes to Brock. He was our best forward last year and looked dominate, he's still that player. He's had a incredibly tough time recently, I can't wait to see the player he becomes in the new few years.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, seeing how Petey and Hughes interacted with Boeser in that interview changed my tune on Brock.  We absolutely need to keep him, as it looks like there's a real bond between those guys. 

Clearly Brock has a LOT going on in his life at the moment, but that won't last forever.  At some point, Brock will turn his game around once his head is 100% back in the game.  Then we'll probably see the Brock from last year when he lead the entire team in production. 

If we can lock him up between $6M and $7M long term (ie. 7 or 8 years), we do it.

$6M x 8yr = $48M total.  Front load it.  NTC for first 3-4yrs.  Then limited NTC for the rest. Takes Boeser to the age of 33yr.

If he does get re-signed, I can wear my BB6 jersey for a few more years. :P

Edited by BPA
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, stawns said:

If it works out that way, sure, but you certainly don't use that to determine where you trade someone

Exactly, that's what I meant. I guess I should have specified that better but I still hope it happens. I've lost both my parents many years ago so I feel for Boes, so that was my thinking behind that, wish I had more time with them but I hope others get more with theirs until the clock stops. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Exactly, that's what I meant. I guess I should have specified that better but I still hope it happens. I've lost both my parents many years ago so I feel for Boes, so that was my thinking behind that, wish I had more time with them but I hope others get more with theirs until the clock stops. 

people don't really get it until they are faced with losing a parent. 

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I doubt anyone would argue that what BB is going through is tough, but that can't play a factor in the team's decision