The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not really... we got some very good pieces 

Just need that bottom 6 upgraded to a bunch of tough physical sob's with atheist plus Motte who can forcheck and add 1 good D 

Team will be competitive if we can get a new gm to make those changes 

The team has quit on the coach.  They don't give a f*** anymore.  Changing the bottom 6 isn't going to solve the problem...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

11 GIFs From Greta Thunberg's Youth4Climate Speech by GIPHY News | GIPHY

Greta is how us fans sound to the Aquilinis.  

just like she can’t do anything about fighting climate change without the owners of the planet, we can’t do squat either about the team’s owners.  Just keep b&$@# to anyone who’ll listen on a &$£€%% message board.

Also, I don’t want to die in some climate apocalypse before my $&%#€%@ hockey team wins the Cup

• Cheers 1

We need a major shakeup... Trade Miller and some fillers to get Greenway, Kulikov, Hartman so we can get a more respectable line-up!! Sick of seeing Lammikko and Chiasson when they're not gritty enough to play on 4th line! 

Alternatively, if playoffs is totally out of reach... Just trade Boeser for prospects and picks for a reset! 

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow.  The team has officially quit on Green.  He needs to be fired immediately.  He shouldn't be allowed on the plane and should be forced to take a bus back to Vancouver...

While I agree that Green needs to go, JTs response almost seems more an indictment of the players. You don't have to like your boss, but it's still your job to show up to work everyday and listen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

We need a major shakeup... Trade Miller and some fillers to get Greenway, Kulikov, Hartman so we can get a more respectable line-up!! Sick of seeing Lammikko and Chiasson when they're not gritty enough to play on 4th line! 

Alternatively, if playoffs is totally out of reach... Just trade Boeser for prospects and picks for a reset! 

Need a major shake up 

fire the clown Benning followed by Green 

shaken up. 
No trades or moves until the idiot gm is gone. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

While I agree that Green needs to go, JTs response almost seems more an indictment of the players. You don't have to like your boss, but it's still your job to show up to work everyday and listen.

That's not how it really works in the real world (at least from my experience).  If you have a supervisor/boss that you don't agree with that sharply, short of quiting, most will just do the absolute minimum work.  NHL players have guaranteed contracts so they have all the leverage (and might even do less than the absolute minimum work).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The team has quit on the coach.  They don't give a f*** anymore.  Changing the bottom 6 isn't going to solve the problem...

The bottom 6 IS the problem 

No hitters no protection no physical play 

Top 6 skill guys can't do nothing without some protection and a tough face off winning 3C

Impossible for players and coach to do anything with the way team is constructed 

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Their play is a disgrace. The team? I don’t believe for one second that this team with the amount of talent on it, despite a shoddy blue line, could be capable of playing this poorly for this long to start a season. They should be at minimum a .500 hockey club. That being said, they are poorly constructed as a direct fault of the GM and even worse coached by a below average head coach. They look like they have accepted losing as the norm which is an absolute soul crushing mentality to have as a group as it leads to cultural toxicity like we saw in Edmonton pre Mcdavid and what we have seen in Buffalo the last decade plus. 

The Canucks have some damn good hockey players who I almost guarantee each and every one of them would look 100x better this season if they played on different teams not named Vancouver, Ottawa, Seattle, and Arizona. Yes, we are currently on par with those dog$&!# teams and it’s infuriating as a fan after 8 god damn years of this regime and it’s incompetence on how to properly build a hockey team and the ever changing narrative on what they are actually trying to achieve. 

I agree with this and what Gary Valk (who is familiar with players and dressing rooms) just tweeted

"The Canucks in my opinion have a team that have a bunch of individuals who have never had to work for anything their whole life. Now that adversity is hit they are dazed and confused."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I agree with this and what Gary Valk (who is familiar with players and dressing rooms) just tweeted

"The Canucks in my opinion have a team that have a bunch of individuals who have never had to work for anything their whole life. Now that adversity is hit they are dazed and confused."

What’s confusing is how did they make it to the nhl without working for it. Must be nice 

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

“When personal agendas become more important than the team and the overarching’s mission success, performance suffers and failure ensues.” 

-Jocko Willink 

This team doesn’t play for one another. They are a bunch of lost individuals going through the motions, feeling sorry for themselves, and have no leadership or direction on how to guide them out of this mess.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1