The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I felt like they took a long time to re-sign Green last year and only did so after the exit interviews.  There was also that Dreger report (I know.. It’s Dreger) that said JB would have fired him already if FA wasn’t holding things up. 

I’ve always felt like JB / Green had different ideas about the roster - at least with stuff like toughness. JB, especially early on, always went out of his way to bring in tougher players but Green always got the worst out of them. Not to excuse Benning because he hired Green… but I don’t think they see eye to eye.

So honest Jim is a liar when he said

Ensuring Green would continue behind the bench was an important priority for the team, Benning said.

“All these young players we have on the team, they started out under Travis. He has close relationships with them. They like him, they trust him,” he said. “I see Travis continuing to grow with the young group we have.

• Wat 1

57 minutes ago, Pickly said:

After watching the post game clips and seeing Miller tell it the way it is and basically say not everyone is buying in, and seeing Bo Horvat with his usual bull$&!# we gotta play better shtick…I’m siding with Miller. I think the rumours of Bo distancing himself from the team outside of the room has some legs. Guys not a good captain. 

He only got the gig because there was absolutely no one else to give it to when the Sedins retired.    Certainly not anyones best choice - rather the only choice at the time.  

9 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Rutherford as PoHO and interim GM while he does a comprehensive search for a long term GM is my Christmas wish. 

100% this is the way to go

Bring in Rutherford let JR assess

the roster and coaching staff for rest of season and let him fix it for next season.

Aquilini deserves this. But the Fans don't, every year brings disappointment with this franchise. This team has never won a Stanley Cup and by the looks of it wont anytime soon.

May as well trade Quinn and Petey and all the rest, bring in a bunch of lower skilled players, the results will be the same. But at least the ownership will make money.

I would've rather seen Benning gone than Linden. This franchise is a joke, bring in a coach like the "Ted Lasso" character at least it will bring in entertaining headlines.

Again the fault is with ownership and Jim Benning, The coaching staff need to be gone too,

Hell bring back Torts!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

So honest Jim is a liar when he said

Ensuring Green would continue behind the bench was an important priority for the team, Benning said.

“All these young players we have on the team, they started out under Travis. He has close relationships with them. They like him, they trust him,” he said. “I see Travis continuing to grow with the young group we have.

No? I said they brought him back after the interviews and Benning is saying the relationship with the players are the reason he was brought back. 

Sad thing is… this ownership and management have never understood Canuck fan’s or had a pulse on the city… hiring Jim Benning … Boston sloppy seconds who is just &^@#ing with the Canucks now to rub it in after 2011, and how many Boston fans have the canucks drafted or traded for… they all hate the canucks and are here to collect a paycheque. Kinda reminds me of When Keenan and Messier were brought in. Complete incompetence by ownership. Thank God we didn’t sign Lucic. 

2 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Sad thing is… this ownership and management have never understood Canuck fan’s or had a pulse on the city… hiring Jim Benning … Boston sloppy seconds who is just &^@#ing with the Canucks now to rub it in after 2011, and how many Boston fans have the canucks drafted or traded for… they all hate the canucks and are here to collect a paycheque. Kinda reminds me of When Keenan and Messier were brought in. Complete incompetence by ownership. Thank God we didn’t sign Lucic. 

Loui E. was Jim Benning's plan B when he couldn't sign Lucic.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1